PDA

View Full Version : So Fed Up, Please Help

Honeyskye
27-09-19, 16:45
I have put a bit of background about myself in the 'Introduce Yourself' section but, basically, I have extreme health anxiety.

I get triggered very easily. For instance, I could be having a relatively anxiety free day just sitting there calm, scrolling through facebook when I see someone post something like 'the 7 symptoms of ovarian cancer'. Or, I could hear my stomach gurgle and freak out thinking i'm about to come down with a stomach bug. It is utterly exhausting and it is ruining my life. In the last nine months, these are the things I have worried about and convinced myself I have:

Heart arrhythmia (I suffer with ectopics)
DVT
Sepsis
Pancreatic cancer
Blood clot in lung
Uterine cancer
Bowel cancer

I go through periods of going to the drs surgery once a week for weeks on end. For instance, I have been to the drs once a week for the past three weeks for different things each time. I have had so many tests, I've lost count. My anxiety is well documented. I get an ache or a pain and immediately think it's something serious or life threatening to the point where I have a panic attack. At the moment I am on antibiotics for a mouth infection due to my wisdom tooth and I am in a mess worrying about the side effects. I have had an upset tummy and know this can happen but it automatically makes me panic there is something sinister going on. I hate taking tablets because I am so frightened of the side effects.

I am having therapy but I feel like I just need some coping mechanisms in order to help me 'talk myself down' when I'm in the midst of a panic. If anyone has any tips, I'd be so happy to hear them.

Thanks for listening.

Hypo84
27-09-19, 17:08
Have you talked with your therapist to start with antidepressants? You seem like a good candidate for them.

ankietyjoe
27-09-19, 18:03
How do you convince yourself you have a certain disease? What is the process you go through?