PDA

View Full Version : New here and here's my list :)

jayman
23-09-07, 23:29
hi

My symptons are.

on and off and in no order

hot flushes
dizziness
sometimes a huge bloated belly ( normally quite flat)
nasty lower back ache
walking to one side
moodswings
impatient
confusion / no concentration
bad memory
feel like im no good
always stressed over nothing
hard to relax
dont like crowds or waiting in a Q i get all messed up sweats etc
tiredness
fear dunno what of though
chest pains twinges
these come and go and i am tons better than i used to be theres still 70% getting he better of me.

any help would be great.

thanks

honeybee3939
23-09-07, 23:37
Hi Jayman

All very common symptoms of anxiety hun,many of us have felt like this too, have you checked out the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages sittuated at the left hand side of this page? im sure you will find them of interest also., they will help you get started on your road to recovery.

Love and hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

jayman
23-09-07, 23:41
hi H'bee thanks for that i did goto an indian restaurant last nite with the wife and i was sitting there real jittery and felt the dreaded sweats coming BUT i didnt run out the door ( my usual salvation) and seemed to find relaxation thru drinking cold drinks so i kept them coming and actually enjoyed the meal and held hands all the way home ( which is rare for me as showing feelings has been hard) its a damn hard slog though and i will read everything here as you say.

honeybee3939
23-09-07, 23:48
Hi

Well Done Jayman !! so pleased to hear you had a good evening at the resturant and didnt let the anxiety win!!!:yesyes: Sounds like you have made some great progress already !!:yesyes: :yesyes:

WELL DONE YOU !!!

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

jayman
23-09-07, 23:49
i still cannot do supermarkets :(:(

trac67
24-09-07, 08:52
Jay,

You did brilliant going out for a meal its a huge step in the right direction and you will be in the supermarket in no time :yesyes:

Take care

Trac xxx

bottleblond
24-09-07, 11:59
Hi Jay,

Don't worry too much about not being able to go to the super market at the moment. For people like us with Anxiety/Panic attacks, super markets are one of the most common places we fear going. I can go sometimes but not all the time. Try to take small steps to begin with and build it up grandually.

Best of luck with that

Love Lisa
xxx

jayman
25-09-07, 23:34
thanks guys feel better already having support.

thedood
26-09-07, 10:38
Its funny, I remember years ago hating the supermarket because I would always feared bumping into someone I knew and having to deal with anxiety inducing small talk.
Since I moved to London, at times my anxiety has been even worse, but I'm never scared of the supermarket because I know I'll never see anyone I know! I love food so supermarkets provide plenty of distraction from myself.

CliveL
26-09-07, 11:53
Our local supermarket closes at 8pm so I find going at 7.30 a help. I have also found it helpful to go round the shops with no money, just to look sort of a practice run, it really takes the pressure off.

jayman
26-09-07, 22:34
shoping online lol the cure for us with anxiety :):)

i will try though i have to.