PDA

View Full Version : pain in side? help!!

lanerbanana
28-09-19, 01:34
there's this weird pain in my side- it's like a weird, kinda sharp pain? it's not horrible but it flares up whenever i flex my side or stand up and walk, it feels like muscle pain? i'm sure it's just my health anxiety flaring up again but it's worrying me a little...

Cptdebbie
29-09-19, 06:24
I get lots of stomach pains. I have for 30 years now. It has almost always been because of my anxiety, but I did have a gallbladder problem that required surgery to fix. You’ll probably have to talk with your doctor to know for sure what is happening to you.

I usually give myself six weeks if my stomach pain is tolerable. If it is still happening at the end of the six weeks, I call and set up an appointment with my GI. It is usually a two month wait to see him. That phone call is usually is the magic trick though. All my pain goes away. (Anxiety is weird.)

Another thing time has taught me is that if I massage the area that is hurting and the pain goes away, it is probably just gas or muscular in origin.

Anxiety can definitely make your stomach hurt, but check with your doctor if the pain doesn’t go away. Your tummy may need some Help to get feeling better.

lanerbanana
03-10-19, 10:45
i gave it a few days and it's gone away now, so i'm sure it was just muscular pain. i must've pulled something or laid around weird while i slept. now im dealing with a bout of possible ear infection of some sort and it's already given me an intense panic attack, so oof