PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding gums

blox123
28-09-19, 10:05
I do brush regularly so I’m a bit worried. I brushed my teeth this morning and just started bleeding all over my gums, im away on a weekend break and can’t enjoy myself now because of panicking.
It’s stopped after rinsing a few times but now I’m scared to brush my teeth again.. googled and of course it says it could be cancer/Leukemia

BlueIris
28-09-19, 10:12
It's much more likely to be a touch of minor gum disease.

Carnation
28-09-19, 10:28
Brush very lightly and rinse with corsydyl.
I've had bleeding loads of times.

RadioGaGa
28-09-19, 11:21
Unless your bleeding gums are accompanied by much more serious symptoms, it's a cert it's just a case of gum disease.

I've been battling gum disease myself for the last 7 years. The one thing I find more effective than Corsodyl (generic - chlorhexidine mouthwash), corsodyl toothpaste or even oral antibiotics, is to go to your dental hygienist and have them clean your teeth. The bleeding always stops for a period after this. The only reason it returns in my case is, I think, because at the weekends I would go out and drink alot of vodka and coca cola, and the sugar irritates the life out of my gums.

good luck

Carnation
28-09-19, 12:21
That's good info RadioGaga. :)

wubu
29-09-19, 08:29
Also try a soft toothbrush. Also drink 1ltr of water a day. Believe it or not being dehydrated can cause bleeding gums, I've had that too.

Carys
29-09-19, 13:24
Yep, hygienist visit for cleaning, then flossing, interdental (teepee type) brushes and a really thorough cleaning regime that isn't just using the toothbrush. A good electric brush with the right head would be a must - don't know if you are still using manual?