PDA

View Full Version : Worried sick - wife nightmare after injury

saunaboy1975
28-09-19, 12:20
Hi Everyone,

Just posting here out of hope that someone had something good to say.

On Tuesday my wife was in a bike accident & broke pelvis in 2 places. As part of the diagnostics she had a CT scan & as well as confirming a nasty break, they've found "some soft tissue that they're not happy with as might be a cyst" and want to do an MRI. She'd been seeing a physio about hip discomfort on same side about a month back.

She has a cyst removed from an ovary years back & I'm now worried sick about it being something far more serious. I do suffer from health anxiety myself but I remember pressing her about her symptoms.

Absolutely worried sick. Only 'good' thing I can think of is that the internet says that generally you can tell the difference between a cyst & a tumour. But the other 99.999% of me is convinced there's something badly wrong.

She's being strong & I'm really struggling.

Thanks for any replies.

Dying_Swan
29-09-19, 17:35
Really sorry to hear about this horrible accident. I assume your wife is still in hospital? Did they say the cyst is on her ovary, or is it somewhere else? When is the MRI? Sorry to ask so many questions. If they're saying they think it's a cyst, then they think it's a cyst. If it's ovarian, then ovarian cysts are very common and usually easily dealt with. Who do you have around for support?