PDA

View Full Version : Fainting/seizures, not sure what causes them, reassurance leading up to tests

Zep
28-09-19, 19:54
About two or three weeks ago I had what I feel could only be described as a faint or a seizure when I was getting out of the shower at about 8 or 9 pm. Everything suddenly started spinning, as if I was being pulled away to the right and I was unable to fight against it, and I lost consciousness. According to those present I was displaying seizure activity, including biting the side of my tongue. I was taken to A&E and had to get some stitches from the fall, but other than that there didn't appear to be any lasting damage. They took some blood tests to see if anything seemed wrong on that front and all they could find was low phosphate, which they gave me supplements for.

After that I had no further episodes and another blood test showed my phosphate levels were back to normal. However I had a late night last Tuesday and, after having trouble sleeping, had another episode in bed at about 6 am. This was about two weeks after the first one I described above. It progressed in almost exactly the same way: a spinning feeling pulling me to the right followed by losing consciousness. When I came to my bed covers were on the floor, I had numerous marks or minor injuries on the right side of my face, neck and arm and had apparently bitten the side of my tongue again.

I'm have an appointment with a seizure clinic which will hopefully shed some light on this, but that is still a few weeks away. In the meantime I'm anxious about having another episode now that I know it wasn't just a one-off... I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar or had any ideas what it might be caused by. The only consistency I can think of is sleeping late and waking up late, while missing out on some meals.

Careful1
28-09-19, 20:19
Everytime I try to edit a comment it somehow deleted....

You might want to post on a seizure support forum or some type of nuerology forum. You may find someone here who has been through something similar but I do think you would have better luck and find more people on one of those types of forums.

I hope you get everything sorted out and get to feeling better soon

RadioGaGa
30-09-19, 14:29
Hi Zep

It sounds like you’re possibly having a small seizure in one part of your brain, which is then spreading causing you to lose consciousness.

It’s understandable you’re scared of having another episode until your tests, perhaps run this past your GP?

Avoid caffeine and alcohol in the mean time

Keep us posted & good luck