PDA

View Full Version : Worried about heart attack

itiswhatitis
28-09-19, 21:46
Yesterday I woke up with pain in the left side of my jaw which made me worried about having a heart attack. Throughout the day the pain was there a little but I admit it felt a little more like it was coming from a back tooth? Today the jaw pain hasn't affected me very much, but I've had minor pain/tightness in my left arm, and also I've just had a bad day in general. I had a minor panic attack today and I've been feeling kind of "out of it" a bit.

The panic attack was caused by a date I was supposed to attend today (my boyfriend was fine that I couldn't do it). Also I was tense yesterday because I spent some time with him. We've been dating for a couple of months but it's my first relationship in years and my social anxiety has been max most of the time. I'm kind of worried that the anxiety/"stress" of preparing myself physically and mentally to spend time with someone may have caused a heart attack lol I know it sounds super dramatic, but the last few months have been insanely difficult for me. I'm trying to keep going and maintain my new relationship but it's difficult.

bin tenn
28-09-19, 22:03
Unless you're at very high risk for a heart attack, you're fine. If you have heart disease, sure, excess stress can potentially lead to a cardiac event, but otherwise you shouldn't worry, IMO.