PDA

View Full Version : therapy via e-mails

camilla
22-01-05, 00:13
i went to see a consultant today with very little hope.

i was surprised at the result and idea that came up. since i find 1 to 1 therapy very difficult with finding it hard to trust and let people in.
Therapy via e-mail was suggested. i have been very disappointed with my care in the past but this idea sounds great.

Has anyone else ever tried it and has it helped them.
please share your thoughts and ideas on this.

thanks camilla :D

Meg
22-01-05, 01:19
I do quite a bit of 1:1 email therapy with people and find it to be of great help for several reasons .

Messages can be of any length and written 24/7
Its a continual conversation
It gives time for consideration of responses
People generally are more honest and emotionally open
You get to the nitty gritty much quicker
previous emails can be reread for comfort and progress benchmarking.

Let us know how it goes if you go that route

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
22-01-05, 07:10
Hi Camilla

I find using email so much easier than face to face therapy because I am able to say things in messages that I would find very difficult to speak about. It also allows me time to consider what I want to say rather than being put on the spot and feeling under pressure to give an immediate response.

It seems like you are quite receptive to this idea and it is probably worth giving it a try.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
22-01-05, 16:19
Camilla

Sounds like a great idea. Who would you email for the therapy though?

Nicola

sal
22-01-05, 23:17
Hi Camilla

I can see how helpful that would be. I can always say a lot more on email, texts etc rather than talking face to face. Been critised for it many time hiding behine emails etc but its how i can express myself.

You go for it and hope it all works out for you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx