PDA

View Full Version : I took on a friends problems and now my anxiety has reappeared?

nianxiousguy
29-09-19, 09:48
This will sound weird but after some advice. Like many with anxiety I am extremely sensitive, I can easily pick up on others emotions. Long story short I met this person in a chat room, didn't know them from Adam but we seemed to click, we chatted endlessly for days, both two kindred spirits so to speak. Then they started unloading there problems which were really shocking, I got suckered in and now I am left feeling anxious as hell, depersonilization so to speak a feeling I have not had in almost 20 years.

It all crept up so gradually that I never saw it coming to be honest. I am wondering what I should do, this person is addictive as we're so alike but they are really bringing me down, I am wondering should I just block and cut off all contact and worry about my own anxiety? Feels really bad saying that.

hlvd
29-09-19, 09:53
This will sound weird but after some advice. Like many with anxiety I am extremely sensitive, I can easily pick up on others emotions. Long story short I met this person in a chat room, didn't know them from Adam but we seemed to click, we chatted endlessly for days, both two kindred spirits so to speak. Then they started unloading there problems which were really shocking, I got suckered in and now I am left feeling anxious as hell, depersonilization so to speak a feeling I have not had in almost 20 years.

It all crept up so gradually that I never saw it coming to be honest. I am wondering what I should do, this person is addictive as we're so alike but they are really bringing me down, I am wondering should I just block and cut off all contact and worry about my own anxiety? Feels really bad saying that.

You don't actually know this person, how bad would it be if you never had contact again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nianxiousguy
29-09-19, 09:57
You don't actually know this person, how bad would it be if you never had contact again?

I know sounds silly right. But its more the fact we just clicked, I don't think I have ever clicked with anyone before.

hlvd
29-09-19, 10:03
I know sounds silly right. But its more the fact we just clicked, I don't think I have ever clicked with anyone before.

Are you in the same country? Is it a sexual attraction thing or platonic?

nianxiousguy
29-09-19, 10:06
No they are on the other side of the world. Its not sexual as we've never seen each other. Guessing its platonic

hlvd
29-09-19, 10:23
No they are on the other side of the world. Its not sexual as we've never seen each other. Guessing its platonic

You need to keep telling yourself this and distance yourself.

You’re both probably using each other for same/different reasons and replacing real face to face contact with virtual.

There’s nothing wrong with online contact but it can never replace the real face to face stuff.

nianxiousguy
29-09-19, 10:31
You need to keep telling yourself this and distance yourself.

You’re both probably using each other for same/different reasons and replacing real face to face contact with virtual.

There’s nothing wrong with online contact but it can never replace the real face to face stuff.

Thanks, I think I will delete this person. I am too sensitive for this crap.

hlvd
29-09-19, 10:42
Thanks, I think I will delete this person. I am too sensitive for this crap.

Either explain the reasoning or just disappear, either way you both will have forgotten each other in a few days.

Try if you can to talk to someone real today, if it’s only about the weather or just saying hello.
Social media is no friend to mental health and person to person contact is incredibly underrated

nianxiousguy
29-09-19, 11:00
I have learned that online its easier for people who crave attention to get attention and I got suckered in. Everything is all about them, all a one way thing. The sad thing is they are probably like me, lack of real life friends and looking someone to make them feel better about themselves.

ankietyjoe
29-09-19, 14:42
If you clicked so well you should be able to tell them you need to back off from their problems, and also why.

And yes, you need to back off from it if it's causing you problems.