PDA

View Full Version : Breast Pain- HA is in Gear- Help

angstsoup
24-09-07, 03:03
Hello Friends-

I have been unnerved lately with this sharp shooting pain which feels deep in my right breast.
It comes out of the blue and scares the dickens out of me.
Needless to say it throws my HA in high gear and my mind is off and running. Of course this then starts the full monty of the anxiety attack for me.
I have also been having a pain in my armpit on that same side as well.
The first pain started last week as I was driving with my daughter in the car- she had been to the doc for what I thought was only a rash BUT she then tells me she had a lump in the breast. Thank God, it turned out to be nothing but I didnt know that then until she went for mammo and sonagram.
Not maybe at that exact moment but in a little bit I felt this HUGE zap or shooting pain if you will in my right breast.
I nearly freaked in the car but managed to maintain myself.
Tonight while having dinner I had it again- I jumped up out of my seat.
Told hubby I am fearful that this is cardiac ( my latest HA obsession) - he tried to calm me down.
He said he thinks it because we were speaking of daughters upcoming wedding in October- we have been having hassles with the RSVP's and people responding.
After I felt the pain tonight, I belched like a horse !!!!!! but that was not the case with the first episode.
I must add that I have great tension in the upper back and shoulders and neck. Sometimes I can barely turn neck and shoulders have great pain. Cannot twist upper body well. I do not have good posture coupled with being busty.
I am thinking it is muscular or tension related. Gulp. I hope.
I have new bras- could that be it? Not pulled up high enough so to speak?
Btw, I am post menopausal
Has anyone else had this sharp and big shooting pain in breast?
As always, thank you friends, for your kindness and support.
It is great we have each other.

littlemiss_sunshine
30-09-07, 22:44
yes in fact i have, but i cant explain why it happens myself.
the pain feels as though someone is stabbing you from behind. ive had it for ages. hmmmmm

kilvosa
30-09-07, 23:32
Hi Angstsoup
Yes i have had pains like that before and even went to the doctor to check them and he checked my breasts and all was ok he just said come back if the pain doesnt go away. It comes and goes if your worried get it checked with your doctor, let me know how you get on.
Take care
Annexx

miss motown
01-10-07, 22:16
hi angs yes hun ive had the same pain in my left breast for a couple of months now and the same pain and discomfort under my armpit i finally went to my doctor as ive been a little worried over breast cancer she examined me and said everything seems to be fine and it feels more muscular than anythink else i must admit whenever i feel anxious i do seem to tense my arm for some reason so i gather yes it must be muscular so i wouldent worry to much just go and get it checked out youll feel alot better for it take care

strawberrie
02-10-07, 09:22
hi angst, yes i have had this too. i wonder if it might be caused by your new bras, as i have found it can be very painful if my bra feels too tight, or like its not quite on in the right position if you know what i mean?

i went to the doctor with breast pain which i had really worked myself up about, and she told me that it is extremely rare for breast cancer to cause pain. She checked for lumps but because there was none there, she said it was no cause for worry. This was a long time ago and the pain just went away after a while.

I would go to your doctors and i'm sure they will be able to reassure you.

mag :flowers: