PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety reappear before a sickness?

nianxiousguy
30-09-19, 13:31
I've not had anxiety issues for years, this past few days it has reappeared, just general anxiety with all the old symptoms. Then I got into work, I was explaining to a colleague that I just didn't feel right, he then went on and told me he had been feeling the same, another guy over heard and said the same. So am wondering if this isn't really anxiety at all but the start of something working on us. I just feel fatigue, the odd skipped beat, run down and a bit just not fully with it like depersonalisation.

DustingMyselfOff
30-09-19, 16:17
Yes! I have wondered the same thing many times and I have Googled it many times hoping to find others who felt it, too! It seems like my anxiety acts up right before a physical illness. It seems to recede as the actual illness takes over, but I always wondered about this, so it's nice to hear someone else validate it! It sounds silly, but you almost feel relieved when you realize that you're coming down with something physical. :shrug:
Sue

ankietyjoe
30-09-19, 16:20
The thing to remember here is that everything in your body is connected, each system affects the other one.

Your immune system will detect an illness a long time before you feel symptoms. Your CNS will then react to 'a threat'. Anxiety can be part of a historical learned response.

The key thing here is to just ignore it, don't read anything into it. Let the illness run it's course and wait until you feel normal again.

All infection increases heart rate, in everybody.

DustingMyselfOff
30-09-19, 23:41
Well that makes perfect sense, Joe. Thanks for making it so easy to understand WHY that happens.
Sue