PDA

View Full Version : Worried about child foaming at mouth while sleeping

katniss
01-10-19, 03:02
Hello everyone,

I check on my kiddos before going to bed and yesterday my year old son had frothy saliva (or foam) on his mouth. My heart literally stopped when I saw that. Of course, I am concerned about seizures and other scary things. Has anyone ever seen this in their child or adults? I wiped off the foam and slept with him for the whole night. He seemed to be fine. He does breathe through his mouth though because his nose sounded blocked. Please share experiences or advice if you have.

I called the telehealth nurses in Ontario and they said it was normal. Whereas Google obviously says: seizures, poisoning or rabies.

Willtyler
01-10-19, 06:24
Hi!

I can imagine that being extremely scary, I know i’d call 911 if I saw my daughter foaming from the mouth, just cause I have severe health anxiety. However that being said, typically foaming at the mouth is end stage rabies. Rabies is 100% out of the picture. Seizures are also unlikely, as he’d have other severe side effects as well. The poision i’m not to sure, however I’ve also read that kids are more prone to have a foamy saliva at the mouth when sleeping. I’m not a doctor and I would not take what I say as a answer to your question. I’m just stating what i’ve read and off of facts. However, it wouldn’t hurt to make an appointment if it concerns you a lot or if he does it again!

I hope this helps put you to ease a bit!