PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the waiting room...about to lose my s#it.

xanxyworrx
03-10-19, 18:56
I had a physical exam about 3-4 weeks ago...drew blood about 2 weeks ago...I'm in for the results. I didn't know you had to Come In to get results if everything is 'ok'....but yet, after 2 weeks of anticipation I am here...awaiting my fate. I've been thinking about my family...my kids..and how devastating it would be to them if I find out today I have something wrong with me. Aside from my flank pain...headaches...back Pains..i dont really feel anything wrong with me...but yet...this is really testing my anxiety..

It's been getting worse and worse everyday......not until I find out WHY I'm here....will I be slightly same again.

Please....anyone that's out there or been through this.....o need some comfort......😭

Shadowhawk
03-10-19, 19:19
In the US, results cannot be given over the phone due to HIPPA laws (they cannot verify the person on the phone is the patient and/or someone authorized to have results released to them). They may have an online dashboard (depends on the office), where you can register and see your results (if they digitize them).

Typically, since you went in with an actual complaint, regardless of results good or bad, they will want you to come back to see if the complaint has resolved. And if the results were seriously wrong, you wouldn't have waited two weeks for a follow-up; they would have had you in immediately, or gone to a hospital urgently.

Its easy to worry, but i honestly wouldn't sweat it at this point.

xanxyworrx
03-10-19, 19:53
Shadowhawk...thank you SO MUCH for that....I'm just a worry worry worry wuss...stuff like this triggers me So badly...like physically debilitating....but thank you for that.

I am currently Just waiting for the dr to come in

In the US, results cannot be given over the phone due to HIPPA laws (they cannot verify the person on the phone is the patient and/or someone authorized to have results released to them). They may have an online dashboard (depends on the office), where you can register and see your results (if they digitize them).

Typically, since you went in with an actual complaint, regardless of results good or bad, they will want you to come back to see if the complaint has resolved. And if the results were seriously wrong, you wouldn't have waited two weeks for a follow-up; they would have had you in immediately, or gone to a hospital urgently.

Its easy to worry, but i honestly wouldn't sweat it at this point.

Midnight-mouse
03-10-19, 20:45
Shadowhawk...thank you SO MUCH for that....I'm just a worry worry worry wuss...stuff like this triggers me So badly...like physically debilitating....but thank you for that.

I am currently Just waiting for the dr to come in

How did it go? Wishing you all the best!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk