PDA

View Full Version : Scared somethimg is wrong with my heart

Hypo27
03-10-19, 19:38
Last night i had a few too many drinks and today my heart is racing really bad could something be wrong with my heart? Has anyone else had this or should I just go straight to the er?

nomorepanic
03-10-19, 19:41
Too much alcohol will do this but if you think you need to get checked out then that is up to you.

nomorepanic
03-10-19, 19:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Hypo27
03-10-19, 19:53
Too much alcohol will do this but if you think you need to get checked out then that is up to you.

So it's probably just the alcohol? Has anyone else had rhis?

Fishmanpa
03-10-19, 21:00
It's called a hangover :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Carys
03-10-19, 21:04
If you are an ectopic beat sufferer, then alcohol (especially lots) is a well known factor in contributing to them. A racing heart after drinking copious alcohol is something I have read about on this forum many times, personally I can't offer empathy as I am teetotal. Alcohol will (in many people) increase anxiety if you are already suffering from it, and if you are taking various medications for anxiety it is a very bad idea indeed. (Have you read your medication leaflet?) As for the racing heart you are talking about - taken from our NHS site from a 2015 study -

.....binge drinking was linked with an increased risk of having an irregular heartbeat, but this was mainly a type called sinus tachycardia. This is not life threatening, but involves the heart beating at an abnormally fast rate of over 100 beats a minute, which can be very unpleasant.

Tachycardia = fast heart rate.

Seeing as you've talked on this forum before about a racing heart, a few times I recall even without alcohol, its hard to know if alcohol is contributing or its purely your anxiety. As for ER, as always your choice Hypo, as always.