PDA

View Full Version : Waking up at night with a feeling like being poked in the eye?

Sophs50522
04-10-19, 14:16
Hello everyone, been a whilst since I've posted on here but my health anxiety as returned with a new problem :(
I've been getting a sore and itchy eye for a while now but just put it down to allergies but I've woken up at night to a feeling like someone has instantly poked me in my eye. Painful and ends up watering like crazy.

Has anyone had that before with allergies?
I've been to the opticians and she said.my eyes look.healthy other than it looks like I suffer with allergies due to having little bumps on bottoms of my eyelids.

However I had that same feeling again that woke me up.at night last night pain in my eye.

Now.my blindness anxiety have started and I am feeling so stressed about it all :(

Fishmanpa
04-10-19, 14:56
I had similar issues this year due to allergies. My eyes always felt gritty and dry. I used an OTC eye drop and that really helped.

Positive thoughts

Sophs50522
04-10-19, 17:05
Thank you fishmanpa. I've purchased the drops and preying it works. I just don't understand why I keep waking up with the sensation. can only assume my eye is irritated and dry and when I rub it in my sleep it ends up waking me up being really painful.

So stressed as I've never experienced anything like it :(

pulisa
04-10-19, 17:47
Dry Eye syndrome? The drops should help-I use Systane Complete which are preservative free.

Sophs50522
04-10-19, 17:54
I.did wonder that Pulisa. Have you had it before ?

pulisa
04-10-19, 19:23
Yes I had it for a few weeks over the Summer. Be careful not to rub your eyes too much-you will be more prone to styes.

Sophs50522
05-10-19, 09:41
Thats reassuring to know. Do dry eyes last for ever ? Or can it go? Don't know how I feel about using drops all the time :(

pulisa
05-10-19, 13:26
It comes and goes for me. It's a common condition-plenty of info on the internet about it. It's not serious.

Sophs50522
06-10-19, 09:12
Thank Pulisa. Hope mine is just down to stress! I feel like I keep getting a new symptom all the time now. It's driving me mad.