PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen was at 83....

Pages : [1] 2

Hypo27
04-10-19, 22:08
I’ve been dealing with feeling shortness of breath off and on awhile now. While I was driving I put the pulse ox meter on my finger and it read 83 but then I took it off and did it again and it was 97. I’m really worried now do you guys think that warrants a trip to the er? I’ve been really worried that I have pulmonary hypertension....

bin tenn
04-10-19, 22:19
If your energy were that low you'd have more telling symptoms. That's pretty damn low compared to the norm, I think. Why are you self testing anyhow? That's a bad idea, obviously.

venusbluejeans
04-10-19, 22:21
nope, my guess is that it wasn't reading right the first time and the 2nd was right.

My advice would be to throw it away and not use it as it causes more anxiety than what it solves.

Hypo27
04-10-19, 22:29
If your energy were that low you'd have more telling symptoms. That's pretty damn low compared to the norm, I think. Why are you self testing anyhow? That's a bad idea, obviously.

Because im having shortness of breath off and on. Is it not possible my O2 levels is going real low and going back up like fluctuating? I’m also feeling a little lightheaded too..

Hypo27
04-10-19, 22:33
I had just got done working outside in the heat and was driving home when I checked it. There’s no telling what my O2 levels are when I’m working because my shortness is the worse when I’m active.... I can’t see a pulmonologist until January....

Dying_Swan
04-10-19, 22:42
This is why it's not helpful to use these monitors unless you have a clinical need to. If your oxygen saturation is really 83%, then you need to seek medical attention. However, are you sure it was correctly positioned and picking up a good trace? (especially if it was 97 when you adjusted the position). Unless your doctors have told you to monitor your sats, do yourself a favour and chuck the monitor away.

ankietyjoe
04-10-19, 22:46
You've been tested and told there's nothing wrong with your lungs, and you've asked advice here multiple time about your breathing sensensations by people who have experienced exactly the same thing.

Throw the monitor in the bin.

Hypo27
04-10-19, 22:56
This is why it's not helpful to use these monitors unless you have a clinical need to. If your oxygen saturation is really 83%, then you need to seek medical attention. However, are you sure it was correctly positioned and picking up a good trace? (especially if it was 97 when you adjusted the position). Unless your doctors have told you to monitor your sats, do yourself a favour and chuck the monitor away.

Yes I’m pretty sure it was correctly positioned so I don’t think it was was that. So I guess I need to go get it checked out then even though it’s normal now still could be something wrong..

Hypo27
04-10-19, 22:58
You've been tested and told there's nothing wrong with your lungs, and you've asked advice here multiple time about your breathing sensensations by people who have experienced exactly the same thing.

Throw the monitor in the bin.

I got a pulmonary function test done last year that was normal and I just had an echo a couple months ago and it was normal but they couldn’t estimate my pulmonary pressure on the echo so pulmonary hypertension is still a possibility....

ankietyjoe
04-10-19, 23:04
Ask yourself this.

There are hundreds of threads on this forum alone with people experiencing exactly the same thing as you, word for word. You've been told nothing is wrong with you by professionals and by anecdotal stories here.

You've also been told the best thing to do is to stop checking and focus on something else.

What you need to ask yourself is why you're refusing to take on board what you've been told, and choose to do the exact opposite instead?

Fishmanpa
04-10-19, 23:10
BIN THE METER!

Positive thoughts

Dying_Swan
04-10-19, 23:59
Yes I’m pretty sure it was correctly positioned so I don’t think it was was that. So I guess I need to go get it checked out then even though it’s normal now still could be something wrong..

Up to you. My guess would be that the reading was inaccurate, but of course I can't say for sure. My sats were 90 once after surgery and I felt very breathless, so I'd tend to think you'd be quite unwell if it was an accurate reading. Still, it's your call. We're not doctors, so you'll have to decide what you think is best.

(p.s. Bin the monitor)

nomorepanic
05-10-19, 00:02
So what happened with your previous post - no update on there :shrug:

bin tenn
05-10-19, 00:03
Because im having shortness of breath off and on. Is it not possible my O2 levels is going real low and going back up like fluctuating? I’m also feeling a little lightheaded too..

Extremely unlikely, IMO. Sounds like anxiety, it happens to me all the time. If your doc didn't suggest buying an oxygen monitor and using it, get rid of it.

utrocket09
05-10-19, 02:00
I’ve been dealing with feeling shortness of breath off and on awhile now. While I was driving I put the pulse ox meter on my finger and it read 83 but then I took it off and did it again and it was 97. I’m really worried now do you guys think that warrants a trip to the er? I’ve been really worried that I have pulmonary hypertension....

If your oxygen was actually that low your lips and fingers would be blue....

Get rid of the damn meter.

MyNameIsTerry
05-10-19, 02:30
If your oxygen was actually that low your lips and fingers would be blue....

Get rid of the damn meter.

And heading to hospital for emergency treatment not typing on here asking about it on here.

Hypo, if you stepped on some weight scales and they said you were 50lbs and then did it again and they said you were 100lbs wouldn't you know one reading was false? Isn't the presence of anxiety the only reason you have focussed on the lowest reading? Why would you rely on two opposing readings when most people would write them both off and look for more readings to show which is the more likely?

You can't be 50lbs and 100lbs in the same few minutes so why can your oxygen levels be so far apart in that time?

Medical professionals use these types of meters all the time but they know when a reading is bogus and how to respond to it. You clearly don't.

Hypo27
05-10-19, 17:20
I’m really worried it pulmonary hypertension I have all the symptoms.... The lightheadedness and shortness of breath that’s worse on exertion and severe fatigue. I’m also most certain I have sleep apnea and that is one of the causes of pulmonary hypertension..

Fishmanpa
05-10-19, 17:40
I’m really worried it pulmonary hypertension I have all the symptoms.... The lightheadedness and shortness of breath that’s worse on exertion and severe fatigue. I’m also most certain I have sleep apnea and that is one of the causes of pulmonary hypertension..

Dude... C'mon man... That's such a predictable Hypo27 HA reply :lac: How long have you been posting and repeating the same mantra? There has to be some rational part of you that's trying to speak here. Take a listen and tell us what it's saying.

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
05-10-19, 17:45
Dude... C'mon man... That's such a predictable Hypo27 HA reply :lac: How long have you been posting and repeating the same mantra? There has to be some rational part of you that's trying to speak here. Take a listen and tell us what it's saying.

Positive thoughts

So you don’t think there’s anyway it’s pulmonary hypertension?

Hypo27
05-10-19, 17:55
I literally have every symptom the dizzy spells, the chest pressure, the racing heart rate, shortness of breath and severe fatigue.. The only thing I don’t have yet is the swollen ankles which signals heart failure which eventually happens in late stage pulmonary hypertension.

Fishmanpa
05-10-19, 18:00

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
05-10-19, 18:14
Unfortunately, B, I don't think you'll ever be satisfied with a diagnosis until you're put in hospice.

How many years did you suffer from ALS?

Carys
05-10-19, 18:52
Any chance you could go to the night before lasts thread, read what people have said and update on there?! (now what was happening last night, oh yes thinking of going to ER about a racing heart/heart faliure).

nomorepanic
05-10-19, 18:53
So what happened with your previous post - no update on there :shrug:
You never answered this

Carys
05-10-19, 18:54
As for the oxygen reading, I say it gave the wrong reading and it was 97. Anyway, what are you doing sticking that on your finger whilst driving? seems rather dangerous really to be messing about with a piece of faux medical equipment and focusing on it whilst you should be focusing on driving. If you are putting oxometers on your finger and driving at the same time, firstly you won't be getting correct reading anyway and secondly it involves taking hands off fromt he driving position and not attending to the road. Get rid of it, HA people should NOT have these types of things.

Carys
05-10-19, 19:14
On your thread from July, you said this at the start
I’ve had shortness of breath off and on since around 2015. You then talk a bit about the tests you have had done to check your breathing, and say you are worried about a pulmonary embolism. So, you think you've had a pulmonary embolism for 4 years ? Come onnnnnnnnnnn Hypo, get real here, do you not think one of these doctors would have picked up a breathing problem in those 4 years. 4 years during which I've no doubt you have made many many trips to ER and to various consultants.

ankietyjoe
05-10-19, 21:08
Ask yourself this.

There are hundreds of threads on this forum alone with people experiencing exactly the same thing as you, word for word. You've been told nothing is wrong with you by professionals and by anecdotal stories here.

You've also been told the best thing to do is to stop checking and focus on something else.

What you need to ask yourself is why you're refusing to take on board what you've been told, and choose to do the exact opposite instead?

did you ask yourself this?

Carys
05-10-19, 21:36
What you need to ask yourself is why you're refusing to take on board what you've been told, and choose to do the exact opposite instead?...and for years!

As usual ankietyjoe, exceptionally useful thoughts in your post.

ankietyjoe
05-10-19, 22:24
I know what the reason is. Health anxiety is like smoking. Most people want to give it up, but without having to stop lighting cigarettes and putting it in their mouth.

The OP wants to keep repeating the bad habits without going through the pain of withdrawal. Reassurance from the internet is his nicotine gum, but in reality that just keeps you hooked.

Hypo27
05-10-19, 23:58
On your thread from July, you said this at the start . You then talk a bit about the tests you have had done to check your breathing, and say you are worried about a pulmonary embolism. So, you think you've had a pulmonary embolism for 4 years ? Come onnnnnnnnnnn Hypo, get real here, do you not think one of these doctors would have picked up a breathing problem in those 4 years. 4 years during which I've no doubt you have made many many trips to ER and to various consultants.

No I’ve been worried about pulmonary hypertension and not for four years more like two. About 2 years ago I noticed shortness of breath on severe exertion. Now it’s progressed to barely doing anything sets off the shortness of breath even now at rest..

nomorepanic
06-10-19, 00:00
You never answered this
again - ignored

MyNameIsTerry
06-10-19, 02:22
No I’ve been worried about pulmonary hypertension and not for four years more like two. About 2 years ago I noticed shortness of breath on severe exertion. Now it’s progressed to barely doing anything sets off the shortness of breath even now at rest..

Which can be as simple of being out of shape. I will always remember seeing smokers in their twenties wlaking up 2 flights of stairs at work and were out of breath at the top.

If you had shortness of breath at the slightest things it would easily stick out in testing. It would likely make an easy test for something like asthma, for instance. From this they would be testing your lung function and if that all comes back fine then your breathing is fine because they use tests that attempt to bring on breathlessness. As an asthma sufferer since childhood I've had those tests, as has my mother who also has asthma (came later in life), and the tests are devised to show abnormal lung function that cannot be caused in those with normal lung function.

But with anxiety you can definitely have problems with breathing. Muscular tension can cause it for a start.

My asthma is now in remission for the first time in over 30 years. But I have breathing issues. However, I don't have the symptoms that prove asthma is the cause. I was told to stop using asthma meds and over 18 months later I have had no worsening of symptoms. The breathing issues are still there though I have suspected it's more muscular tension, needing to get into better shape and possible back problems. It's there daily, constant. But I can do heavy work and stress my lungs and nothing happens. I know from my asthma that you don't do heavy work on a true breathing problem unless you want to chance needing a inhaler treatment.

AntsyVee
06-10-19, 02:28

That's because before you thought it was some pulmonary onset of ALS, and when all the tests came back negative, and the doctor told you to get a life, you started switching to other conditions.

Shadowhawk
07-10-19, 10:33
"Oxygen was at 83"
No, it wasn't. You foolishly tried, and failed, to self administer a test (that you need not be doing in the first place) while **driving**, and took to heart the incorrect result to heart because it fits the current narrative.

Shadowhawk
07-10-19, 10:49
Oh, and I guarantee with a clean echo, despite no pressure measuring, you do not have hypertension. The hypertension WILL damage the heart, and even a first year cardiologist would recognize it.

Hypo27
08-10-19, 14:18
Oh, and I guarantee with a clean echo, despite no pressure measuring, you do not have hypertension. The hypertension WILL damage the heart, and even a first year cardiologist would recognize it.

From what I read sometimes the echo is normal the only true way to diagnose pulmonary hypertension is a right heart catheterization. Could my pressure been so high they were unable to measure them on echo? I have a stress test today that I’m so nervous about because I can’t hardly do anything without getting out of breath... If I do have pulmonary hypertension I don’t think the stress test will tell me anything...

bin tenn
09-10-19, 04:10
From what I read sometimes the echo is normal the only true way to diagnose pulmonary hypertension is a right heart catheterization. Could my pressure been so high they were unable to measure them on echo? I have a stress test today that I’m so nervous about because I can’t hardly do anything without getting out of breath... If I do have pulmonary hypertension I don’t think the stress test will tell me anything...

You'll do fine.

lofwyr
10-10-19, 06:28
From what I read sometimes...

There's your problem. Stop googling. Anxiety causes shortness of breath, especially when obsessing about being short of breath. That is among the most common of anxiety symptoms ever.

Hypo27
11-10-19, 13:19
There's your problem. Stop googling. Anxiety causes shortness of breath, especially when obsessing about being short of breath. That is among the most common of anxiety symptoms ever.

I get it I really do I know anxiety can cause or worsen shortness of breath. But I know in my case its not anxiety.... Me and my brother climbed a tall ladder that goes to the roof of a building yesterday and I could hardly breathe when I got to the top. My brother said he wasn't out of breath hardly at all and he smokes!! That told me right there I have major issues.....

Hypo27
11-10-19, 13:22
I truly think I'm in late stage pulmonary hypertension. I'm getting more and more lightheaded every day and my breathing is declining quickly. Ive read stories of people with this disease and it sounds exactly like what I'm going through :(

pulisa
11-10-19, 13:49
I literally have every symptom the dizzy spells, the chest pressure, the racing heart rate, shortness of breath and severe fatigue.. The only thing I don’t have yet is the swollen ankles which signals heart failure which eventually happens in late stage pulmonary hypertension.

So when did you notice the swollen ankles?

nomorepanic
11-10-19, 13:58
So you ignored my post again but I will now ask what happened at the stress test then?

Hypo27
11-10-19, 14:04
So when did you notice the swollen ankles?

I haven't yet..

Hypo27
11-10-19, 14:10
So you ignored my post again but I will now ask what happened at the stress test then?

It got pushed to Monday at 330..

Shadowhawk
11-10-19, 14:10
Is there even a point in going on? Ill say it again... especially for *LATE* stage PHT, you WILL have VISIBLE cardiac damage. You will have significant enlarging (right ventricular hypertrophy), which would not be missed by either a stress test or an echo. This is not the kind of disease, once symptoms show, that can sneak up on you. It directly effects and damages the heart, and said damage will be measurable.

Look, i get the fear, as somebody who was diagnosed with mild LVH (left ventricular hyper) due to my blood pressure (which is different than pulmonary htn). With my changes (130lb lost, regular excercise), my doctor feels confident that i have greatly improved my situation (to the degree my next visit will be my last, unless further complications come up). BUT, even with a trained cardiologists reassurance, i still have the worry that i am too far gone (even though i can bike for miles, power walk for miles, etc), so i GET the fear. You have to learn to trust the people who have gone to school for more than a decade for this stuff (likely longer if they are in cardio), and trust that they know what they are looking at.

Yes, the feelings and "symptoms" are scary, and really play a number on us. Thing is, its all in our heads, and the REAL battle every day is to remember that. I am guilty of slipping, as most of us are. But you won't make ANY progress for yourself (and your loved ones, because believe me, your stress DOES effect them) if you don't take the first step, and try to trust..

MyNameIsTerry
11-10-19, 14:15
I get it I really do I know anxiety can cause or worsen shortness of breath. But I know in my case its not anxiety.... Me and my brother climbed a tall ladder that goes to the roof of a building yesterday and I could hardly breathe when I got to the top. My brother said he wasn't out of breath hardly at all and he smokes!! That told me right there I have major issues.....My dad smoked until about 10 years ago. He was in good shape because he had a physical job which meant smoking didn't put him at the same disadvantage of someone who doesn't do hard manual labour (landscaping). You can be a non smoker and out of shape too you know.

Hypo27
11-10-19, 14:17
Is there even a point in going on? Ill say it again... especially for *LATE* stage PHT, you WILL have VISIBLE cardiac damage. You will have significant enlarging (right ventricular hypertrophy), which would not be missed by either a stress test or an echo. This is not the kind of disease, once symptoms show, that can sneak up on you. It directly effects and damages the heart, and said damage will be measurable.

Look, i get the fear, as somebody who was diagnosed with mild LVH (left ventricular hyper) due to my blood pressure (which is different than pulmonary htn). With my changes (130lb lost, regular excercise), my doctor feels confident that i have greatly improved my situation (to the degree my next visit will be my last, unless further complications come up). BUT, even with a trained cardiologists reassurance, i still have the worry that i am too far gone (even though i can bike for miles, power walk for miles, etc), so i GET the fear. You have to learn to trust the people who have gone to school for more than a decade for this stuff (likely longer if they are in cardio), and trust that they know what they are looking at.

Yes, the feelings and "symptoms" are scary, and really play a number on us. Thing is, its all in our heads, and the REAL battle every day is to remember that. I am guilty of slipping, as most of us are. But you won't make ANY progress for yourself (and your loved ones, because believe me, your stress DOES effect them) if you don't take the first step, and try to trust..

Thanks for the response shadow and your probably right something would of shown on the echo you would of thought.. I did go to the er Monday where they did a ekg and xray and blood work which were normal. So you don't think this could be PHT?

Hypo27
11-10-19, 14:21
Also the past 2 days ive noticed my heart rate fluctuating. Like ill just be sitting here and it jumps from 80 to 98 bpm I know that's not normal...

nomorepanic
11-10-19, 14:23
How do you know that is not normal - are you a cardiologist?

Hypo27
11-10-19, 14:29
How do you know that is not normal - are you a cardiologist?

Well no...

Hypo27
11-10-19, 14:30
I just read my ekg report from the ER it says normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia?

Hypo27
11-10-19, 14:38
I read that usually means poor blood flow to the heart....

Shadowhawk
11-10-19, 15:14
I just read my ekg report from the ER it says normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia?
I know you said you read something else, but arrhythmia can be:

"In general, sinus arrhythmias can be: Sinus tachycardia (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Sinus+tachycardia&filters=sid%3a816d71ce-4bf7-826f-7d3d-5a87833da746&form=ENTLNK), which is a faster heart rate, beating greater than 100 beats per minute. Sinus bradycardia (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Sinus+bradycardia&filters=sid%3a74dfeb27-154b-fedb-ce6d-bf802cb7fba7&form=ENTLNK), which is when the heart rate beats slower or less than 60 beats per minute."

"This condition is benign. Its a naturally occurring heartbeat variation, and it doesn't mean you have a serious heart condition. In fact, this condition is common in young, healthy adults and children. Sinus arrhythmias rarely cause complications. In fact, the condition is likely to go undiscovered because it so rarely causes symptoms or issues. The majority of people with a sinus arrhythmia will live normal, healthy lives"

If you went into the ER in a panic (like *I* did one time last year), your heart rate WILL be sky high, as a natural reaction to stress and fear (its your body preparing for fight or flight). It they told you the EKG was normal, and let you go... it is fine. So, was your heart rate over 100 on that EKG?

Thanks for the response shadow and your probably right something would of shown on the echo you would of thought.. I did go to the er Monday where they did a ekg and xray and blood work which were normal. So you don't think this could be PHT?
I guarantee something would have shown (not probably) if you had progressed to symptomatic PHT. The ER tests again back that up (EKGS tend to be overly sensitive, to err on the side of caution.. so again, since it came back fine, you are fine).

Hypo27
11-10-19, 15:42
I know you said you read something else, but arrhythmia can be:

"In general, sinus arrhythmias can be: Sinus tachycardia (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Sinus+tachycardia&filters=sid%3a816d71ce-4bf7-826f-7d3d-5a87833da746&form=ENTLNK), which is a faster heart rate, beating greater than 100 beats per minute. Sinus bradycardia (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Sinus+bradycardia&filters=sid%3a74dfeb27-154b-fedb-ce6d-bf802cb7fba7&form=ENTLNK), which is when the heart rate beats slower or less than 60 beats per minute."

"This condition is benign. Its a naturally occurring heartbeat variation, and it doesn't mean you have a serious heart condition. In fact, this condition is common in young, healthy adults and children. Sinus arrhythmias rarely cause complications. In fact, the condition is likely to go undiscovered because it so rarely causes symptoms or issues. The majority of people with a sinus arrhythmia will live normal, healthy lives"

If you went into the ER in a panic (like *I* did one time last year), your heart rate WILL be sky high, as a natural reaction to stress and fear (its your body preparing for fight or flight). It they told you the EKG was normal, and let you go... it is fine. So, was your heart rate over 100 on that EKG?

I guarantee something would have shown (not probably) if you had progressed to symptomatic PHT. The ER tests again back that up (EKGS tend to be overly sensitive, to err on the side of caution.. so again, since it came back fine, you are fine).

My HR when I had the ekg was 81 bpm

Hypo27
11-10-19, 16:10
There just isn’t much else that would cause my daily lightheadedness, near fainting spells, and the shortness of breath....

ankietyjoe
11-10-19, 16:11
There just isn’t much else that would cause my daily lightheadedness, near fainting spells, and the shortness of breath....

I have a question.

Are you an idiot?

This has been explained to you nearly seven million and eight times. By people who have experienced exactly the same thing as you.

nomorepanic
11-10-19, 16:14
Anxiety can

Shadowhawk
11-10-19, 16:14
Ok, and did you see the other quote i had listed? Seriously, its a non issue (especially if the ER let you go without saying you needed treatment), and common in people. and it certainly doesn't point to what you are thinking it does...

Carys
11-10-19, 16:28
sinus arrhythmia

It can also be totally normal to have this when the heart changes speed for breathing, regularly, with each breath (I was told this years ago).

So, I guess seeing as there hasn't been a panicked call from your doctor with them sending a blue lighted ambulance for you, and ER AGAIN (did I read you went last night AGAIN ?!!) said all was fine, then all is fine. I have to echo AnkietyJoe here, honestly, the idiot bit that is.

You have had heart measurements on a regular basis, seeing as you are a regular at your ER a few times a week!!! and by your doctor, and so I think you have been more thoroughly checked than most people ever are in a a life-time.

SO, you tell us, WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU AT ER when they let you go ?

Hypo27
11-10-19, 16:42
It can also be totally normal to have this when the heart changes speed for breathing, regularly, with each breath (I was told this years ago).

So, I guess seeing as there hasn't been a panicked call from your doctor with them sending a blue lighted ambulance for you, and ER AGAIN (did I read you went last night AGAIN ?!!) said all was fine, then all is fine. I have to echo AnkietyJoe here, honestly, the idiot bit that is.

You have had heart measurements on a regular basis, seeing as you are a regular at your ER a few times a week!!! and by your doctor, and so I think you have been more thoroughly checked than most people ever are in a a life-time.

SO, you tell us, WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU AT ER when they let you go ?

Just to follow up with my doctor and cardiologist...

Carys
11-10-19, 16:43
Thats it...heres your ECG result.....bye then......don't forget to follow up with your doctor and cardiologist.

So, they gave no opinion on how you were ? You will have gone in there in your usual panicked state, and I can't for one moment imagine that you didn't talk to them about all your symptoms and fears....and they gave no feedback on that at all ?

Shadowhawk
11-10-19, 16:47

Which is also completely normal.. it doesn't mean there s a problem, but if you felt a need to see a doctor RIGHT THIS MINUTE, they want you to speak with your regular doctors so they know what is going on (specifically, its referred to as Continuity of Care)

"There just isn’t much else that would cause my daily lightheadedness, near fainting spells, and the shortness of breath.... "
You mean other than:
Anxiety
Low blood pressure
dehydration
Stress
Electrolyte imbalance
Etc....

Hypo27
11-10-19, 16:58
Which is also completely normal.. it doesn't mean there s a problem, but if you felt a need to see a doctor RIGHT THIS MINUTE, they want you to speak with your regular doctors so they know what is going on (specifically, its referred to as Continuity of Care)

"There just isn’t much else that would cause my daily lightheadedness, near fainting spells, and the shortness of breath.... "
You mean other than:
Anxiety
Low blood pressure
dehydration
Stress
Electrolyte imbalance
Etc....

I meant their is much else that could cause those symptoms that haven’t already been ruled out. I’ve already had a lot of things ruled out.

KK77
11-10-19, 17:09
I meant their is much else that could cause those symptoms that haven’t already been ruled out. I’ve already had a lot of things ruled out.

You've had more "diseases" ruled out than we've had hot meals so let's not pussyfoot about!

Get off Google, get real and get a life, Hypo :lac:

utrocket09
11-10-19, 17:32

This does not mean something is wrong with you. As someone with actual heart issues...

Nevermind, if I share anything it will feed into your anxiety.

Shadowhawk
11-10-19, 17:36
This does not mean something is wrong with you. As someone with actual heart issues...

I share your frustration UT, as another with heart issues (that i hopefully have under control now..). I was hoping that a bit of first hand knowledge and insight might help, but i see it fell on dead ears.

Hypo27
11-10-19, 17:55

I never said that meant something was wrong.

utrocket09
11-10-19, 18:12

Really? You just posted saying that you didn't post that something was wrong. Yet....you keep insisting something is wrong when there is nothing wrong.

Carys
11-10-19, 18:29
Ha Yup ^

Hypo27
11-10-19, 18:47
Really? You just posted saying that you didn't post that something was wrong. Yet....you keep insisting something is wrong when there is nothing wrong.

Just because the hospital couldn’t find anything wrong doesn’t mean nothing is wrong. They just ruled out life threatening problems.

Carys
11-10-19, 18:52
Just because the hospital couldn’t find anything wrong doesn’t mean nothing is wrong. They just ruled out life threatening problems.

Right, so this answers my question of earlier, about what feedback the hospital actually gave you. The hospital couldn't find anything wrong !

I honestly don't understand this, really, aren't you embarrased year after year, regularly turning up to ER and requesting tests for things you don't have ?

nomorepanic
11-10-19, 19:10
Are you treating the anxiety yet?

utrocket09
11-10-19, 19:14

Please quit being so dramatic....There is nothing wrong with you.

MyNameIsTerry
11-10-19, 19:42
I share your frustration UT, as another with heart issues (that i hopefully have under control now..). I was hoping that a bit of first hand knowledge and insight might help, but i see it fell on dead ears.With many it would and I'm sure it will help others reading this thread. Sadly, this member is too consumed with obsession and won't try to face the real problems they have.

pulisa
11-10-19, 20:00
I don't think Hypo is interested in first hand knowledge and insight. He knows best so why post on here if he knows his diagnosis and prognosis? What possible reason could he have for posting on here?

Carys
11-10-19, 20:59
An interesting question, and one maybe we should ask him....

Why do you post here ? You don't want to treat your mental health problem after being in the grips of it for years, you don't believe anything we say, reassurance is cast aside, no methods to help yourself are followed, no advice is taken on board, no replies/insight/experiences of others has any impact on you. What on earth could be the purpose of coming to this forum and telling complete strangers that you have certain illnesses (which you don't have) time and time again, and then spending time seemingly trying to convince them of your illness when it is as plain as day that you have none of them.

I really would like to know the answer.

(OH, and as an aside I'm guessing ER also found out that there was absolutely nothing wrong with your blood oxygenation level)

AntsyVee
12-10-19, 02:49
I don't think Hypo is interested in first hand knowledge and insight. He knows best so why post on here if he knows his diagnosis and prognosis? What possible reason could he have for posting on here?

We've all been trying to get the answer to this question for years... Especially for all of us who came over with Hypo from AZ.

Carys
12-10-19, 07:02
Oh yes, I forgot you were also on AZ Antsy....so you see exactly the same now as you saw on AZ and no changes/improvements/efforts made etc etc blah blah ?

Quinn1
12-10-19, 10:40
Are you treating the anxiety yet?

I doubt it Nicola,he is getting way too much attention lol :winks:

ankietyjoe
12-10-19, 11:10
Taking on your anxiety by yourself and making it your responsibility is a big step. If you accept that the cause of your anxiety is YOU, it puts the onus on YOU to fix yourself.

For a lot of people that's a step too far, so they rely on constant reassurance and drama to sidestep that responsibility. It's like blaming your life for being fat and overeating, eventually you have to sit down and accept that you are the one eating cake. I can say that because I am fat and overeat, and I know it's all on me.

But it's not cake, it's crisps.

And pizza.

And cheese.

And crisps (I know I said it twice).

pulisa
12-10-19, 17:51
Hypo and others like him seem to have no problem coming back for more of the same treatment on here when they "definitely" have a sinister diagnosis on their hands....so what's in it for them? There has to be a benefit otherwise they wouldn't bother documenting their ailments?

AntsyVee
12-10-19, 18:31
Oh yes, I forgot you were also on AZ Antsy....so you see exactly the same now as you saw on AZ and no changes/improvements/efforts made etc etc blah blah ?

Yes, he ignores the posts that don't support his thinking, and answers the ones that do. On AZ, he was obsessed with ALS. He was even banned from some ALS forums online because of postings. He supposedly even had an appointment set up with the Mayo Clinic. I don't think that ever happened, but basically, he finally got a specialist and accepted that he didn't have ALS. This was after years of the obsession.

When he came here to NMP, I thought he was genuinely going to work on his anxiety...or at least that's what he told me. Now it's just moved onto cancers and other conditions, and he still doesn't see the connection about what happened with the ALS thing and this pattern of posting.

I really have a vested interest in his health because I know he has a little girl at home. I think he also has PTSD, and as many of you know, I do too, and I know it's a special kind of hell.

pulisa
12-10-19, 19:22
That's very sad, not only for him. I hope someone is looking out for his little girl.

BikerMatt
12-10-19, 19:52
Not been around much, is Hypo the same guy who had a different cancer every 5 minutes? Or somebody else? or the same person with two accounts?

AntsyVee
12-10-19, 19:53
I don't know if he has two accounts. I only know his identity from AZ, which he has asked me not to share.

BikerMatt
12-10-19, 20:02
I don't know if he has two accounts. I only know his identity from AZ, which he has asked me not to share.

Just had a look through old threads, the person I thought of was a member called Darkside, Hypo sounds like the same person to me

AntsyVee
12-10-19, 20:09
I know there was something about Darkside and darkside4k being one person with two accounts, but I don't know if that's accurate, nor do I remember if we ever found out what was the mix up there.

Carys
12-10-19, 21:22
Yeah, Darkside and Hypo, two different people (that we know) - but I get their threads mixed up too as the similarties of theme, responses to people, constant running to ER and years of not tackling their mental health problems are almost identical.

AntsyVee
12-10-19, 21:34
I one of the darkside people might also be from AZ. On AZ, I think they were ________fromTexas. It was like allenfromTexas or something similar.

Sparky16
15-10-19, 04:50
I'll take a run as to the "why post" question. There are a few posters here (Helen would be included, too) who I think use this space as an outlet for their anxiety. They post when they are worried, document their concerns, and generally come here to be heard, but not to try to tackle the underlying problem. I suspect there is only so much they can talk to others around them about their worries before they lose patience, or perhaps they are afraid to talk to others at all. Coming here and talking about how scared they are is their solution, or their therapy of sorts. It seems to work for them as they come and go as needed, although I know it gets frustrating to everyone else.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 00:39
For the past two weeks I’ve been having pain in my upper right rib cage that has just been getting worse. I’m nauseous off and on a lot to... The pain alternates between a piercing burning pain to a crampy pain... I went to my doctor last week he did a ultrasound and blood work which the ultrasound showed a mild fatty liver but that was the only finding. I have a gastro appointment in January but I’m definitely concerned... I’ve been way more tired than usual to.. Just so scared this is really it :(

Hypo27
26-10-19, 00:44
What else would cause constant nausea, the stomach pains and lack of appetite? I’m sorry if I’m irritating anyone here I promise that’s not my intent..

Fishmanpa
26-10-19, 01:18
What else would cause constant nausea, the stomach pains and lack of appetite? I’m sorry if I’m irritating anyone here I promise that’s not my intent..

Just taking a wild stab at it but could it possibly be your (https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/politics/grand-jury-impeachment-mueller/index.html) anxiety (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Lack_of_appetite_or_taste_a_tinny_metalli c_or_ammonia_smell_or_taste)?

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
26-10-19, 01:41
Just taking a wild stab at it but could it possibly be your (https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/politics/grand-jury-impeachment-mueller/index.html) anxiety (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Lack_of_appetite_or_taste_a_tinny_metalli c_or_ammonia_smell_or_taste)?

Positive thoughts
I guess it’s possible but it’s gotten to where just water feels like it’s irritating my stomach. Like when the water goes down it’s like it’s going across a sore like it’s really sensitive...

Hypo27
26-10-19, 03:02
Now I’m noticing itching all over so maybe it’s my liver?

AntsyVee
26-10-19, 03:03
B, you know it's just anxiety. When are you going to start treating the HEALTH CONDITION THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO HAVE?

Hypo27
26-10-19, 03:38
B, you know it's just anxiety. When are you going to start treating the HEALTH CONDITION THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO HAVE?
I know I have anxiety but there’s no way this upper right belly pain, itching all over, and nausea is anxiety...

AntsyVee
26-10-19, 07:24
No, of course not. No one’s ever had those symptoms with anxiety on this site before...:doh::doh:

Carys
26-10-19, 11:09
No, of course not. No one’s ever had those symptoms with anxiety on this site before...:doh:

:roflmao:

ankietyjoe
26-10-19, 11:36
I know I have anxiety but there’s no way this upper right belly pain, itching all over, and nausea is anxiety...

If it's not anxiety, stop posting here. :huh:

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 12:04

So hopefully by the time you come back here you will have visited a doctor, even your local ER and tried to get a proper diagnosis, not a self-diagnosis? I know I am very prone to some incredibly tenuous flights of fancy (I've been fighting a fear of lung/throat cancer for a few weeks now); it just seems odd to read someone who is just as bad, if not worse.

I have a very good friend who is convinced the vast majority of the medical profession are idiots and is very prone to believing Internet quacks that fit his ideas. I'm not sure he doesn't believe the Earth is flat too.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 14:02
If it's not anxiety, stop posting here. :huh:

So people can’t be anxious about physical problems they have???

Hypo27
26-10-19, 14:04
I’m really starting to get scared though I woke up and just like breathing deep it hurts the top of my stomach like it’s really sore... Has anyone ever had anything like this? Just so scared it’s stomach cancer..

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 14:15
I’m really starting to get scared though I woke up and just like breathing deep it hurts the top of my stomach like it’s really sore... Has anyone ever had anything like this? Just so scared it’s stomach cancer..

I doubt few on here are qualified medical professionals who can answer your question to your satisfaction. I think it's time you went to see someone to get a definitive answer.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 14:32
I doubt few on here are qualified medical professionals who can answer your question to your satisfaction. I think it's time you went to see someone to get a definitive answer.

It’s not like I’ve not been to my doctor. I’m just asking if anyone’s had anything similar and it turn out to be nothing serious..

NotDeadYet
26-10-19, 14:36
Once again, you are not grounding yourself in any logic and are making unfounded assumptions based upon medical knowledge which you do not have. Your stomach is on the left side of your body and thus if you had stomach cancer you would not be having pain in your right side. If you refuse to believe that this is anxiety, then you need to diagnose yourself with a condition that meets the symptoms you are experiencing. However, I would not recommend diagnosing yourself as you are not a doctor.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 14:45
Once again, you are not grounding yourself in any logic and are making unfounded assumptions based upon medical knowledge which you do not have. Your stomach is on the left side of your body and thus if you had stomach cancer you would not be having pain in your right side. If you refuse to believe that this is anxiety, then you need to diagnose yourself with a condition that meets the symptoms you are experiencing. However, I would not recommend diagnosing yourself as you are not a doctor.

I thought the stomach was located just above the belly button in the navel area? I also worry about it being my liver because I was drinking around 4 to 6 beers a day for like a year but it’s been a week now without one beer. I’m still itching like crazy and still having the pain in upper right ribs too...

NotDeadYet
26-10-19, 16:02
Unfortunately, there is literally nothing any of us on this forum can do for you to provide you with the reassurance you need until you determine that you need to genuinely challenge your thinking.

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 16:27
Gall stones?

Hypo27
26-10-19, 16:34
Gall stones?

Well I had a ultrasound last week wouldn’t that of showed gallstones?

nomorepanic
26-10-19, 16:36
It depends what the scan was for?

Hypo27
26-10-19, 16:43
It depends what the scan was for?

It was for the stomach pain that has gotten worse.. Maybe I need a cat scan?

Hypo27
26-10-19, 16:44
Now since yesterday I’ve been getting really lightheaded idk what’s going on :(

Carys
26-10-19, 16:49
It can't be stomach cancer, you already had that and recovered in April 2018.

nomorepanic
26-10-19, 16:51
These are all anxiety symptoms - try treating that and see how it goes.

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 16:53
Now since yesterday I’ve been getting really lightheaded idk what’s going on :(

"You've gone into 'fight or flight' with your anxiety" is the answer to that.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 17:43
I really think it’s something bad the pains is just getting worse think I’m going to
go to the er.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 17:45
Upper right stomach still hurting, the bottom of my ribs are sore and achy and my lower back I hurting too.. Really think it could be cancer.. Please pray for me guys this really isn’t looking good...

BlueIris
26-10-19, 17:50
Sorry to hear that, Hypo. Best of luck with your treatment.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 17:52
Sorry to hear that, Hypo. Best of luck with your treatment.

Yeah hopefully if it is cancer it’s not to advanced... and if it’s stomach cancer it’s usually very fast progressing and fatal :(

BlueIris
26-10-19, 17:59
Have you got your affairs in order?

Hypo27
26-10-19, 18:07
Have you got your affairs in order?

Not really but I guess I’m going to have to.. I should of got life insurance months ago but I didn’t..

Carys
26-10-19, 18:08
Really think it could be cancer.. Please pray for me guys this really isn’t looking good...

Utterly pathetic Hypo. Its your usual monthly 'I have terminal cancer thread'. Off you go then, your usual weekly trip to ER.....

Hypo27
26-10-19, 18:12
Utterly pathetic Hypo. Its your usual monthly 'I have terminal cancer thread'. Off you go then, your usual weekly trip to ER.....

Well it’s the only way to see a doctor right now.. I dont have a appointment with my pcp for 2 weeks I definitely can’t wait that long I know whatever is going on is bad. Wouldn’t a cat scan show stomach cancer?

Carys
26-10-19, 18:15
I definitely can’t wait that long I know whatever is going on is bad.

Of course, isn't it always.

Have we officially moved on now from the start of the thread, where you had - what was it now - heart faliure or pulmonary something or other ? Ah yes pulmonary hypertension.

BlueIris
26-10-19, 18:16
If you're terminally ill, stop dicking about on the forums and start spending time with your family.

ankietyjoe
26-10-19, 18:30
So people can’t be anxious about physical problems they have???

So despite everything you've been told, you're still sticking to your mental dialogue that the issues aren't caused by anxiety?

Hypo27
26-10-19, 18:33
So despite everything you've been told, you're still sticking to your mental dialogue that the issues aren't caused by anxiety?

The pains and nausea definitely not anxiety.

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 18:45

In which case, off you go to the ER (if you haven't already). Good luck, and let us know (if you can) how you get on.

Carys
26-10-19, 18:54
Spoiler alert spolier alert:

He'll be fine. However, there will follow complaints about ER and about how they are useless and didn't do much and told him to go back to his PCP.

Hypo27
26-10-19, 18:58
Spoiler alert spolier alert:

He'll be fine. However, there will follow complaints about ER and about how they are useless and didn't do much and told him to go back to his PCP.

Well at least a cat scan will show cancer
right?

Carys
26-10-19, 19:12
Oh you think you can turn up and just request a CAT scan do you ? Come onnnnnnn. Thats not how medicine works. You tell them your symptoms, not your misguided opinion on what you think is wrong, and they do the checks they feel are necessary. You have done this so so many times, turned up to ER and every single time they do the basics to make sure you aren't dying and send you on your way. They won't be doing stomach cancer checks, that is not their job. Besides - the staff at your local ER must be so used to seeing you now they must greet you by name and know you are a hypochondriac.

If you think you have stomach cancer, that seemingly has appeared overnight (we've had this conversation before, but still you seem unable to actually tell yourself that cancer CAN'T appear that quickly and cause symptoms) then you had better go to your GP and see if they can refer you for the scan. To be honest, I am staggered Hypo that after so many years of go through every single cancer, probably twice, and having had none of them it is still the first thing you jump to - Cancer. I have no doubt that this will probably turn into an 'oesophagus cancer' thread in due course, after doing the stomach cancer for a bit......You truly are a tragic and cautionary tale of someone who never has any intention of dealing with their mental health problems.

ankietyjoe
26-10-19, 19:22

Yep, sounds terminal. You're definitely sick. Seriously sick. Sorry bud.

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 19:26
Oh you think you can turn up and just request a CAT scan do you ?

For all we know, you probably can in America. I'd hate to see what the bill would be to the insurer though.

utrocket09
26-10-19, 19:33
For all we know, you probably can in America. I'd hate to see what the bill would be to the insurer though.

Not how it works here. You can't just request a scan.

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 19:34
Not how it works here. You can't just request a scan.

Thanks for clarifying that - I suspected you couldn't, but...

MyNameIsTerry
26-10-19, 19:57
Upper right stomach still hurting, the bottom of my ribs are sore and achy and my lower back I hurting too.. Really think it could be cancer.. Please pray for me guys this really isn’t looking good...Sounds like someone is having some muscular tension. I wonder what could be the cause of that? :whistles: Currently praying to God, Buddha and more importantly the Flying Spaghetti Monster (I've even got my colander on my head :yesyes:) :notworthy:

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 20:04
Ooh, spaghetti. Haven't had that in ages.

Fishmanpa
26-10-19, 20:21
Yep, sounds terminal. You're definitely sick. Seriously sick. Sorry bud.

I know right? Here we are trying to tell him for years he didn't have cancer or ALS or heart problems or etc. etc. etc. etc..... for years and years, for thread after thread, for pages and pages and pages of replies, and we were all wrong all along :( B... It's not too late to get your affairs in order so I suggest you do so especially with a child you need to care for :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Shadowhawk
26-10-19, 21:31
Well it’s the only way to see a doctor right now.. I dont have a appointment with my pcp for 2 weeks I definitely can’t wait that long I know whatever is going on is bad. Wouldn’t a cat scan show stomach cancer?

You know, it's this kind of crap that helps make the hospital system the mess it is. People , instead of doing the right thing, do the simple "now" thing for instant gratification.

The ER, as the name states, is for EMERGENCY treatment. Even if you did (which you dont) have terminal cancer, the ER is only there to treat life threatening issues and stabilize patients for more appropriate care. But since every Joe with a stubbed toe goes in there, the cost of care goes up, as do the hours of wait times.

If you really thought you had cancer, you would get yourself to an oncologist, ideally through your GP, so you get the correct care and diagnosis. This also supports the often forgotten idea of continuity of care, where ALL of your doctors know what's actually going on with you, their patient. Primary care notes get to specialists, and specialists work with other Primary care to build a network of support. This network also means that REAL things dont slip through the cracks (if the same doctors keep seeing the same complaints from you, they may actually figure something out, unlike a hospital where it is a different doc every time, who may or may not be given all your notes from every other visit.

Of course, you will ignore all this, and waste their time anyway. They will tell you, like last time, that you dont currently have any life threatening injuries they can treat, and to follow up with your doctor if things persist (which you should have done in the first place). Maybe there are some really cute nurses who work the hospital, though there are way cheaper ways to meet them...

AntsyVee
26-10-19, 21:53
Well, the gall stones theory may be sound. He did have gall bladder issues a few years ago, but I don't think he ever did anything about them. He was too worried about dying from ALS.

Quinn1
27-10-19, 09:22

And you know this?what are you,a Therapist now.
I will pray for you on bended knee to Lord Lucifer.:wacko:

Hypo27
27-10-19, 13:08
I didn’t end up going yesterday but I definitely am today. You don’t have a dull achy pain for weeks due to something small. I know enough to know that cancer causes that kind of pain... The pain is right where my liver is my guess is it’s cancer that’s spread to my liver.... And it’s definitely advanced if it’s already spread to my liver god I’m so scared I don’t wanna leave my beautiful family :(

BlueIris
27-10-19, 13:11
Why aren't you spending this time with your family, then?

Hypo27
27-10-19, 13:13
Why aren't you spending this time with your family, then?

Idk because I’m so worried...

Hypo27
27-10-19, 13:17
I think it’s colon cancer that’s spread to my liver more than likely... 5 years ago I had a endoscopy and colonoscopy done which revealed pre cancerous colon polyps that they removed but I was due this past February to have another colonoscopy done.... I have been having alternating diarrhea, constipation, and lower abdominal pain but haven’t thought much about it. Now when I think about it it would make since because colon cancer usually spreads to the liver....

ankietyjoe
27-10-19, 13:23
Probably a matter of weeks then.

BlueIris
27-10-19, 13:24
Seriously, don't waste your time on a bunch of internet strangers when at the expense of the people who love you.

nomorepanic
27-10-19, 13:25
You best get to urgent care then and get the cancer treatment started.

Let us know how that goes but until then I can't see that you need to keep posting about your impending death.

Hypo27
27-10-19, 13:31
You best get to urgent care then and get the cancer treatment started.

Let us know how that goes but until then I can't see that you need to keep posting about your impending death.

Yeah you all are right. I’m sorry I’m just terrified of the whole process what I’m going to go through...

Hypo27
27-10-19, 13:33
Guess I’m going to go to the er and hope they do a cat scan..

nomorepanic
27-10-19, 13:36
Ok good luck with them doing a scan just because you say you want one.

Carys
27-10-19, 14:35
Don't forget to get your ER loyalty card stamped whilst you are there.

ankietyjoe
27-10-19, 15:05
Ok good luck with them doing a scan just because you say you want one.

In the USA he might get one. And then his insurance company will be charged $20k, and the cycle will continue.

utrocket09
27-10-19, 17:56
Guess I’m going to go to the er and hope they do a cat scan..

And what do you think this scan is going to tell you ?

ankietyjoe
27-10-19, 18:04

That his terminal disease is even more elusive and non-diagnosable than any terminal disease suffered by any human ever in the history of terminal diseases.

Probably.

Hypo27
27-10-19, 18:17

I guess hoping it would rule out cancer which it won’t unfortunately... I read the mass would have to be quite large for a CT to see it..

BlueIris
27-10-19, 18:24
What do you want us to do, Hypo? Only you're making me feel like a tricoteuse here.

utrocket09
27-10-19, 18:32
I guess hoping it would rule out cancer which it won’t unfortunately... I read the mass would have to be quite large for a CT to see it..

Give it a rest.
You are so disrespectful to people whom are actually sick.

You don't need a huge mass to be seen.

My friends mother has colon cancer and she is 50. She was diagnosed within 4 weeks. Hers were small, she knew she was sick when she could no longer control her bowels, and was so sick one weekend she was literally s****** her brains out and was passing out from it.

Carys
27-10-19, 18:44
I had to look that word up Blue - tricoteuse. :yesyes:

You spend more time at ER than with your family Hypo, I have no idea how your wife puts up with your behaviour. On your very first post here in I think Feb 2017 you are talking about 'rushing to ER'. Thank goodness the rest of the population don't behave like you otherwise there would be people dying, who needed emergency treatment, thanks to ER being clogged up.

AntsyVee
27-10-19, 19:19
The only good thing about Hypo's threads is that they bring us all together... This is how it was on AZ. We would all argue about different things on other threads, but the one thing we could all agree on was that Hypo needed mental health care! :yesyes:

Carys
27-10-19, 19:21
The only good thing about Hypo's threads is that they bring us all together...

:roflmao:

Pamplemousse
27-10-19, 19:32
In some respects I can feel the sheer terror that must exist in Hypo's mind, and to me it isn't something to make light of. I was 'there' this time last year. It was only when I hit a personal low point - followed by reading the PIL for my Metformin SR - did I find out what was really going on. But that anxiety lost me a lot of weight in a short time, made me incredibly upset when people said "have you lost weight?" because I wanted to scream back "YES!! I'M DYING FROM PANCREATIC CANCER!!" but then a visit to my GP, a good long discussion and then a bit more sense prevailed.

It was at that point I knew I had to get therapy as quickly as possible as I knew I had spun out of control. So I did.

Pamplemousse
27-10-19, 19:37
Thank goodness the rest of the population don't behave like you otherwise there would be people dying, who needed emergency treatment, thanks to ER being clogged up.

That's what triage is for.

I have relatives who work in the NHS in front-line positions. And whilst supportive, one of them says the biggest burden are the worried well ('like you!') who, because they can't get an appointment *right now* with their GP, head down to the local ED instead for minor stuff that frankly, a pharmacist or NHS 111 could deal with better.

Carys
27-10-19, 20:26
The trouble is Pamplemousse, people have been worn down over years - and now we are at 'different tactics' stage to try and get something, anything, through. It can't be expected that people keep responding as we would to someone who is experiencing this for the first time, just look back at the post history....and imagine there is the same again from another site.

That's what triage is for.

What is what triage is for ?

but then a visit to my GP, a good long discussion and then a bit more sense prevailed.

Hypo has had more 'good long discussions/tests/opinions' than any other human being I've come across. Still it makes no difference.

Fishmanpa
27-10-19, 21:09
The only good thing about Hypo's threads is that they bring us all together... This is how it was on AZ. We would all argue about different things on other threads, but the one thing we could all agree on was that Hypo needed mental health care! :yesyes:

I can't think of her name but there was a woman who was married and had a young child who was the same. She would say she didn't have the money for therapy and refused meds but post how anxious she was about going on vacation to really nice places....

Positive thoughts

Pamplemousse
27-10-19, 21:25
The trouble is Pamplemousse, people have been worn down over years - and now we are at 'different tactics' stage to try and get something, anything, through. It can't be expected that people keep responding as we would to someone who is experiencing this for the first time, just look back at the post history....and imagine there is the same again from another site.

Now, this is something I've not done. I've come back here in a hope that I can help others whilst trying to manage what I can feel getting worse in myself.

What is what triage is for ?

To sort out the 'worried well' from the genuine emergency cases. So, bit of a snuffle? Expect six hours before being told to go home. Clutching your stomach and passing blood from every orifice? Straight to Diagnostic Imaging with you.

Hypo has had more 'good long discussions/tests/opinions' than any other human being I've come across. Still it makes no difference.

I must confess, I have started to get that impression. Reminds me of another poster here who claims they can't afford therapy because all their money is spent on replacing 'ruined' items.

AntsyVee
28-10-19, 00:40
In some respects I can feel the sheer terror that must exist in Hypo's mind, and to me it isn't something to make light of. I was 'there' this time last year. It was only when I hit a personal low point - followed by reading the PIL for my Metformin SR - did I find out what was really going on. But that anxiety lost me a lot of weight in a short time, made me incredibly upset when people said "have you lost weight?" because I wanted to scream back "YES!! I'M DYING FROM PANCREATIC CANCER!!" but then a visit to my GP, a good long discussion and then a bit more sense prevailed.

It was at that point I knew I had to get therapy as quickly as possible as I knew I had spun out of control. So I did.

Oh, i get the sheer terror. We've all been there or we wouldn't be on this site. Hypo's situation is really sad, especially because he has a young kid. I'm not making light of it, but I am a person who does try to always look for the bright side in things.

MyNameIsTerry
28-10-19, 02:31

"You wanna be where everybody says the same..."

https://imspatial.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/cheers.jpg

AntsyVee
28-10-19, 02:40
Yes, Terry LOL :hugs:

Hypo27
28-10-19, 13:05
Hey guys I ended up going and they ended up doing a ct scan and blood work. They said everything looked good i have to see my doctor I’m 2 weeks. I’m so terrified guys it’s really freaking me out. Just water makes me bloated feeling and I’m barely eating because it’s making me so sick. I’m really sorry for making anyone upset....

Carys
28-10-19, 13:33
They said everything looked good i have to see my doctor I’m 2 weeks. I’m so terrified guys it’s really freaking me out.

Can you see the contradiction in these two sentences....

'They said everything looked good.'

'I'm so terrified- its really freaking me out'.

YOu went to ER, they found nothing, despite MORE bloodwork and a scan - and told you to attend your already planned GP appointment in 2 weeks time. I honestly can't believe that you yet again wasted the time of the ER staff, although you did have the decency to update on the thread. I actually don't think you will ever change.

Hypo27
28-10-19, 13:42

YOu went to ER, they found nothing, despite MORE bloodwork and a scan - and told you to attend your already planned GP appointment in 2 weeks time. I honestly can't believe that you yet again wasted the time of the ER staff.

I know but I’m just in so much pain I didn’t know what else to do.. Surely stomach cancer would of shown on the ct scan right? I just want this figured out and treated whatever it is...

Hypo27
28-10-19, 14:04

YOu went to ER, they found nothing, despite MORE bloodwork and a scan - and told you to attend your already planned GP appointment in 2 weeks time. I honestly can't believe that you yet again wasted the time of the ER staff, although you did have the decency to update on the thread. I actually don't think you will ever change.

I really do want to change I’m tired of think the worst case scenario about everything... I wish I could just change my thought process... I’ve tried thinking rationally about this so many times but I know not many things can cause these symptoms...

Carys
28-10-19, 14:14
....but surely you've learnt from years and years of thinking you had cancer, and not having had cancer that that is the LEAST likely thing to have ?

Surely you understand that any given set of symptoms could have number of causes, and doctors work through the possible most likely and it is the least likely you keep focusing on and reenforcing.

Hypo27
28-10-19, 14:21
....but surely you've learnt from years and years of thinking you had cancer, and not having had cancer that that is the LEAST likely thing to have ?

Yes I see what your saying but I haven’t had any recent testing like a endoscopy you know?

lofwyr
28-10-19, 14:22
I know but I’m just in so much pain I didn’t know what else to do.. Surely stomach cancer would of shown on the ct scan right? I just want this figured out and treated whatever it is...
The pain could well be the result of anxiety, so do not neglect treating that as well

Hypo27
28-10-19, 14:27

Surely you understand that any given set of symptoms could have number of causes, and doctors work through the possible most likely and it is the least likely you keep focusing on and reenforcing.

Yes I do understand that but these stomach issues kind of hit out of nowhere a few weeks ago so haven’t had much time to see my doctor to narrow things down. That’s what scares me how quickly this came about and how quickly it’s getting worse...

Hypo27
28-10-19, 14:28
The pain could well be the result of anxiety, so do not neglect treating that as well

I know I need to see a therapist again I did seem to think better when I was seeing one.

Hypo27
28-10-19, 15:04
So you all don’t think it’s stomach cancer with the clean ct?

Pamplemousse
28-10-19, 15:29
Well, you haven't been referred for an endoscopy which would be the next logical step if there was something to be concerned about; and they wouldn't be saying that you should attend a GP appointment in a couple of weeks.

You're probably feeling that you're being fobbed off: here in the UK some believe that we'd be better off with a US-style health system as you could have whatever tests you wanted. But as we can see, it doesn't work like that.

Really high-powered anxiety can play merry Hell with your digestive system: your body prioritises where to divert blood and energy to when you're under threat and the digestive system is low on the priority list (I did learn something from my last CBT). This is probably what you're experiencing.

Hypo27
28-10-19, 15:37
Well, you haven't been referred for an endoscopy which would be the next logical step if there was something to be concerned about; and they wouldn't be saying that you should attend a GP appointment in a couple of weeks.

You're probably feeling that you're being fobbed off: here in the UK some believe that we'd be better off with a US-style health system as you could have whatever tests you wanted. But as we can see, it doesn't work like that.

Really high-powered anxiety can play merry Hell with your digestive system: your body prioritises where to divert blood and energy to when you're under threat and the digestive system is low on the priority list (I did learn something from my last CBT). This is probably what you're experiencing.

The er doc did say she thought I should see a GI specialist and mentioned me probably needing a scope done..

Hypo27
28-10-19, 15:39
But I’m gonna have to see my pcp first to get a referral first which means I won’t be able to see a specialist for months probably....

utrocket09
28-10-19, 15:41

I really cannot believe they had you get a CT scan done. Nevermind, yes I can...I am sure you begged your way into one. This is why health care in the US stinks, because of people whom go to ER all the time for non emergency issues. You could have went to a GP, and got a referral for a specialist.

Pamplemousse
28-10-19, 15:47
I really cannot believe they had you get a CT scan done. Nevermind, yes I can...I am sure you begged your way into one. This is why health care in the US stinks, because of people whom go to ER all the time for non emergency issues. You could have went to a GP, and got a referral for a specialist.

They say the same thing over here too, with added immigrants chucked into the mix...

Hypo27
28-10-19, 15:52

Well as I’ve said before i can’t see my gp for 2 weeks.

utrocket09
28-10-19, 15:59
Well as I’ve said before i can’t see my gp for 2 weeks.

You won't die between now and then...but I am sure you will probably go to the ER again.

Pamplemousse
28-10-19, 16:50
I'm quite sure you'll be fine, Hypo.

nomorepanic
28-10-19, 16:58

Why didn't you ask the professionals whilst you were there?

Hypo27
28-10-19, 16:58
You won't die between now and then...but I am sure you will probably go to the ER again.

Well I’m getting to where I can hardly eat anything I’m gonna be dropping weight fast...

BlueIris
28-10-19, 17:14
You honestly sound as though you're looking forward to it.

Do you have anything that brings meaning to your life or gives you an identity other than your imaginary terminal illnesses?

Carys
28-10-19, 17:18
Why didn't you ask the professionals whilst you were there?

Yeah, quite, you had the people who know how to read CAT scans and didn't ask them ?

pulisa
28-10-19, 18:03
Well I’m getting to where I can hardly eat anything I’m gonna be dropping weight fast...

So you haven't been losing weight already seeing as it's undoubtedly end stage? Are you disappointed?

Pamplemousse
28-10-19, 18:04
Yeah, quite, you had the people who know how to read CAT scans and didn't ask them ?

But don't the people who do scans merely say "talk to your doctor"?

Carys
28-10-19, 18:07
This scan wasn't requested by the doctor.

Pamplemousse
28-10-19, 20:27
True...

Fishmanpa
28-10-19, 22:57
The most prevalent word in the HA vocabulary....

https://media.giphy.com/media/QYLQRR7IF48njkq5an/giphy.gif

If I had a dollar for every time that was in a reply... :whistles:

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
28-10-19, 23:05

You habe IBS caused by anxiety, which is mostly caused by your own way of thinking.

You should ban yourself from here for a month, and ban yourself from google and any kind of symptom checking.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 13:32
This scan wasn't requested by the doctor.

I didn’t do for the ct scan that’s just what the er doctor ordered.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 13:37
I wish I could get the courage not to worry about this so much but it scares the life out of me knowing that this very well be stomach cancer. Knowing I won’t be here for my family won’t be here to watch my little girls grow up. I’m scared they will forget about me... This just can’t be happening you know... Everything just gets worse every single day.. The stomach pains are becoming more frequent I can barely eat without almost throwing it back up :(

BlueIris
30-10-19, 13:39
You're not watching your little girls grow up, though, you're watching the ER staff get more grey hairs because of all the frequent fliers like you.

Again, I get nausea and stomach pains every time I get even vaguely stressed, and proper panic attacks generally make me puke. NONE OF THIS IS A BIG DEAL.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 14:03
You're not watching your little girls grow up, though, you're watching the ER staff get more grey hairs because of all the frequent fliers like you.

Again, I get nausea and stomach pains every time I get even vaguely stressed, and proper panic attacks generally make me puke. NONE OF THIS IS A BIG DEAL.

I just have that gut feeling that something is bad wrong it’s hard to describe... I’ve never felt this way before it’s new that’s what scares me.

BlueIris
30-10-19, 14:05
It's always new, though. Can you not see that you say this every time?

Pamplemousse
30-10-19, 14:13
The stomach pains are becoming more frequent I can barely eat without almost throwing it back up :(

Could that be because you're, you know, hungry?

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:06
Could that be because you're, you know, hungry?

No because I eat and then I get really nauseous that can’t be a good sign. I’ve read other patients with stomach cancer had the same exact symptoms....

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:10
Wouldn’t you all be really concerned if you became nauseous 24/7 and could barely eat anything?

utrocket09
30-10-19, 15:12
No because I eat and then I get really nauseous that can’t be a good sign. I’ve read other patients with stomach cancer had the same exact symptoms....

People with stomach ulcers and reflux get the same symptoms. Which are made worse by STRESS and ANXIETY!

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:20
Indigestion or heartburn

Pain or discomfort in the abdomen

Nausea and vomiting, particularly vomiting up solid food shortly after eating

Diarrhea or constipation

Bloating of the stomach after meals

Loss of appetite

Sensation of food getting stuck in the throat while eating

Those are stomach cancer symptoms I have every single one.. I read with stomach ulcers symptoms get better after eating mine don’t they get worse..

Pamplemousse
30-10-19, 15:22
In which case I would recommend you ask for a gastroscopy.

utrocket09
30-10-19, 15:25
Indigestion or heartburn

Pain or discomfort in the abdomen

Nausea and vomiting, particularly vomiting up solid food shortly after eating

Diarrhea or constipation

Bloating of the stomach after meals

Loss of appetite

Sensation of food getting stuck in the throat while eating

Those are stomach cancer symptoms I have every single one.. I read with stomach ulcers symptoms get better after eating mine don’t they get worse..

And of these are stomach ulcers or reflux symptoms. If you were sick you would have been sent for further testing. How many cancers have you had now? At least 3-4 ?

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:25
In which case I would recommend you ask for a gastroscopy.

Hopefully my doctor can just refer me straight to get a endoscopy instead of having to see a GI specialist first but if you all know anything about stomach cancer it’s very aggressive most of the time..

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:27
And of these are stomach ulcers or reflux symptoms. If you were sick you would have been sent for further testing. How many cancers have you had now? At least 3-4 ?

That’s the thing I haven’t seen my doctor about this yet so he probably is going to send me for testing when I see him in 2 weeks.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:30
It’s true I have been worried about various types of cancer I admit that completely. This is just way worse than any fears I’ve dealt with...

BlueIris
30-10-19, 15:36
This is the thing about health anxiety, though, and I speak from experience here. None of the sufferer's fears ever feel relevant except for the current one.

utrocket09
30-10-19, 15:37
Hopefully my doctor can just refer me straight to get a endoscopy instead of having to see a GI specialist first but if you all know anything about stomach cancer it’s very aggressive most of the time..

You are not just going to get testing right away just because you want it. For stomach issues they try medication first to see if it helps. Then you get further testing.

Carys
30-10-19, 15:38
This is just way worse than any fears I’ve dealt with...

No its not, you think it is, but you post exactly the same about all of your terminal health fears. (Incidentally, if we have now moved on from pulmonary hypotension, I wanted you to know that you also had that in April 2017 and it went !!!)

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:43
[QUOTE=utrocket09;1903927]You are not just going to get testing right away just because you want it. For stomach issues they try medication first to see if it helps. Then you get further testing.[/QUOTE

My doctor has already put me on nexium so the medication route didn’t really work so hopefully he wants to order the scope now..

Carys
30-10-19, 15:49
So, now we've moved back to stomach cancer, why no update this thread......same issues as 2 years ago and in this thread you are talking about your 2014 endoscopy and requesting/about to have another one. So, what came of this ?

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?193223-Very-worried-about-esophageal-cancer

Hypo27
30-10-19, 15:54
So, now we've moved back to stomach cancer, why no update this thread......same issues as 2 years ago and in this thread you are talking about your 2014 endoscopy and requesting/about to have another one. So, what came of this ?

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?193223-Very-worried-about-esophageal-cancer

My doctor didn’t think at the time I need a endoscopy that was the beginning of this year and things have just gotten worse since.

Carys
30-10-19, 15:58
Except, look back at how bad they were then - you couldn't eat, couldn't swallow, were losing weight etc etc. That clearly improved ! (otherwise you'd have wasted to nothing by now years later)

I think this is another example of you fixating on something minor, like your perennial heart rate issues.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 16:00
I probably needed the endoscopy earlier this year no telling how bad it is now..

utrocket09
30-10-19, 16:03
I probably needed the endoscopy earlier this year no telling how bad it is now..

Don't you think if you actually had stomach cancer you would have ended up in the hospital by now ? or say in hospice care?

Carys
30-10-19, 16:05
Well considering some very old posts talk about fearing having had stomach cancer 2 years before 2014 (when an endoscopy was done in response to that fear)- then - I'd say dead. Infact, without treatment, dead years ago.

Pamplemousse
30-10-19, 16:38

Can you get an endoscopy and say, a barium swallow/X-ray if you just find someone willing to do it for money, that is, outside your health insurance plan?

Hypo27
30-10-19, 16:39
Well considering some very old posts talk about fearing having had stomach cancer 2 years before 2014 (when an endoscopy was done in response to that fear)- then - I'd say dead. Infact, without treatment, dead years ago.
Two years before 2014? I didn’t have issues before 2014. I began having minor issues in 2014 with heartburn and reflux that’s why they did the scope then.

Pamplemousse
30-10-19, 16:39

Yes, I do - I knew a builder who succumbed within a year.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 16:47
Yes, I do - I knew a builder who succumbed within a year.

Ugh that’s so scary...

utrocket09
30-10-19, 16:54
Ugh that’s so scary...

You would have dead by now...

Hypo27
30-10-19, 17:00
You would have dead by now...

Wouldn’t that depend on when the cancer started? Because I started noticing worsening issues a few weeks ago..

utrocket09
30-10-19, 17:24
Wouldn’t that depend on when the cancer started? Because I started noticing worsening issues a few weeks ago..

If it you had it for a few weeks you would have gradually gotten sicker and sicker. When my aunt first found out she had cancer she had had it for at least 6 months. She was becoming worse and worse. Give it up....

You are not sick.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 17:31
If it you had it for a few weeks you would have gradually gotten sicker and sicker. When my aunt first found out she had cancer she had had it for at least 6 months. She was becoming worse and worse. Give it up....

You are not sick.

I mean I have gotten gradually worse though? The nausea and stomach pains get worse every day and my fatigue is near constant. Plus I’ve got that really unwell feeling I just don’t feel good...

Carys
30-10-19, 17:31
Two years before 2014? I didn’t have issues before 2014. I began having minor issues in 2014 with heartburn and reflux that’s why they did the scope then.

Well, I was sure I read it somewhere that you'd 'gradually got worse symptoms since before 2014', but can't be bothered to go back and find it now. Anyway, either way, its 2014 definitely that you had symptoms and requested/had an endoscopy and thought you have cancer. That's STILL 5 years - and you would be dead.

utrocket09
30-10-19, 17:40
I mean I have gotten gradually worse though?

Gradually sicker means within days or weeks...not years. Get a grip.

Carys
30-10-19, 17:42
Indeed, especially if - and you have stated to us from your research - its a very aggressive cancer form!

Hypo27
30-10-19, 18:03
Gradually sicker means within days or weeks...not years. Get a grip.

It has been weeks that I’ve been getting worse though. I was generally ok stomach wise until about a month ago besides having the really bad burning feeling when drinking coke or alcohol. Everything has been going down hill fast the past month. My chronic alcohol use is another risk factor for developing stomach cancer.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 18:04
Up until a month ago I wasn’t have stomach pains, nausea, and fatigue. Just the really bad burning feeling..

Carys
30-10-19, 18:06
I beg to differ Hypo, you've talked about exactly all of these before and I could copy and paste the evidence if you'd like.....

Hypo27
30-10-19, 18:12
I beg to differ Hypo, you've talked about exactly this before and I could copy and paste the evidence if you'd like.....

If your referring to the esophagus cancer thread yea I did have issues then but they seemed to
got better. I feel completely different that I did then. I was having issues in my esophagus which was probably esophagitis according to the doctor I saw at that time. The issues I’m having now
are my stomach.

utrocket09
30-10-19, 18:18
It has been weeks that I’ve been getting worse though. I was generally ok stomach wise until about a month ago besides having the really bad burning feeling when drinking coke or alcohol. Everything has been going down hill fast the past month. My chronic alcohol use is another risk factor for developing stomach cancer.

Since you are on medication for reflux, you are obviously not following the dietary recommendations for people with reflux which is avoid alcohol and beverages with caffeine both of which contribute to burning feeling in the stomach as well as not feeling well.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 18:32
Since you are on medication for reflux, you are obviously not following the dietary recommendations for people with reflux which is avoid alcohol and beverages with caffeine both of which contribute to burning feeling in the stomach as well as not feeling well.

Well since being on the medicine it has helped the burning for the most part I’m just still having the stomach pain worsening nausea and burping up undigested food. That’s what really concerns me that people with stomach cancer complain of bringing up food they just ate which is happening to me..

utrocket09
30-10-19, 18:37
Well since being on the medicine it has helped the burning for the most part I’m just still having the stomach pain worsening nausea and burping up undigested food. That’s what really concerns me that people with stomach cancer complain of bringing up food they just ate which is happening to me..

But you are not following dietary recommendations by drinking soda and beer, so not sure what you want us to do for you.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 18:43
But you are not following dietary recommendations by drinking soda and beer, so not sure what you want us to do for you.

I rarely drink sodas I was just giving examples on what made the burning worse. I’ve cut back on drinking alcohol a lot too.

Carys
30-10-19, 18:46
Sorry to bore everyone......from Feb 2018 (so 1 year 9 months ago)

Hey everyone I've been dealing with heartburn for years off and on. I started having difficulty swallowing a little over a year ago like bread and meat. Now I've had this constant pain and burning in between my shoulder blades and chest that has me really worried. I had a endoscopy back in December of 2014 that was completely normal besides some mild gastritis. Can esophagus cancer form that quick? I smoked for around 10 years and and dipped for maybe a few months which I very much regret now. I'm really scared it's cancer :(.

Hey everyone been awhile since my last post. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get the endoscopy because I didn’t have insurance. I did have a barium swallow in March I believe. My symptoms have unfortunately progressed constant burning pain between the shoulder blades issues swallowing and excessive burping... I’ve terrified at this point I’m almost positive it’s esophagus cancer now I have all the classic signs... Would the barium swallow showed signs of cancer?

I truly hope it’s not cancer one thing I forgot to mention is the nausea. I’ve been really nauseous off and on for a month now and it just gets worse also.

When you take all these symptoms together is what makes it very worriesome. Difficulty swallowing, chest pain, nausea, reflux, stomach pain.. All classic digs of EC

Well I have an appointment with a regular doctor Wednesday morning. I hope I get the referral straight to get an endoscopy... I’ve been taking Prevacid it has helped but not taking away the constant pain. I am so terrified this is cancer... At this point it’s probably at least stage 3

Guys I’m really not doing good I’m freaking out... Every time I eat now I just want to vomit like I’m belching uncontrollably and food is just sitting on my chest. Could it be tumor getting bigger or spreading¿

I’m not trying to be negative I’m really not.... I’m just scared beyond anything I’ve ever experienced. What else could cause the new constant nausea I’m experiencing and the constant chest pain going through to my back?

The barium swallow was completely normal besides mild reflux. I Also had a chest cat scan the same day which was also normal. I lost insurance shortly after that. Yes that was a year ago but my symptoms are so much worse now.

I really appreciate all the advice guys I really do, but I’m really not doing so good. I’m very nauseous today and feeling so tired and fatigued for no reason. I’ve came to the conclusion that this more than likely is cancer of some sort. I’m declining pretty quick it nothing is getting better despite me taking PPI’s and eating better. I’m gonna go to the ER after work today and hopefully get some answers but I know whatever it is is really bad. Hopefully if it is cancer it hasn’t spread everywhere...

I really appreciate all the advice guys I really do, but I’m really not doing so good. I’m very nauseous today and feeling so tired and fatigued for no reason. I’ve came to the conclusion that this more than likely is cancer of some sort. I’m declining pretty quick it nothing is getting better despite me taking PPI’s and eating better. I’m gonna go to the ER after work today and hopefully get some answers but I know whatever it is is really bad. Hopefully if it is cancer it hasn’t spread everywhere...

Well I never went to the er the other day. I’ve been trying to get insurance the past couple of days but found a plan but it’ll be weeks before it’s active. I’m really worried at this point... I ate earlier at like 12 or so and have been feeling very bloated, nauseous, and burping up liquids almost vomiting it’s almost like my food isn’t digesting What if it is cancer and it has spread to my stomach.. I have to get this figured out ASAP. If it is cancer I could be delaying much needed treatment because I know the sooner you find it the better. I’m scared it’s spread to my stomach :(. God I don’t k ow what to do...

Guys I’m so worried I keep having pains in my stomach and the constant nausea and I’m feeling so weak and tired today... I don’t know what to do all I can think about is this cancer eating me away ��

I’m really worried about bladder cancer now.... I had a ct scan last July of my stomach and pelvic area. I got to reading the report and everything was normal except I had a “few shotty mesentric lymph nodes are present” in my pelvic lymph nodes. I’ve read that usually indicates bladder cancer :(. I’ve also been noticing lower back pain that’s been getting worse also

I’m really worried about bladder cancer now.... I had a ct scan last July of my stomach and pelvic area. I got to reading the report and everything was normal except I had a “few shotty mesentric lymph nodes are present” in my pelvic lymph nodes. I’ve read that usually indicates bladder cancer :(. I’ve also been noticing lower back pain that’s been getting worse also

I’m more worried that this is cancer. I’m hurting so bad in my chest and between my shoulder blades it just keeps getting worse! I made an appointment with my primary doc for next Thursday for the soonest. I wish I could go straight for a endoscopy! My whole stomach is sore and hurting... I have a bad feeling that this has took a turn for the worse. I’m scared if it’s cancer it’s spread.

Yeah but I know if it is cancer it’s definitely in an advanced stage considering the pain and soreness I’m feeling is probably from the tumor growing and pushing against my breastbone ��. I know st this stage this type of cancer usually isn’t very treatable ��

Things got bad in September last year that’s when I believe the cancer could have started. Yes I’ve had symptoms for years but they got a whole lot worse in September..

Surely a ct scan would show something right? I’m probably gonna go to the er again this pain is really bad

I can guarantee at this point whatever is causing the pain is serious..

Well the pain in my back is still here and getting worse... I don’t think it’s esophagus related I’m almost positive it’s something in my spine. I’m really worried it could be lymphoma or some kind of other cancer of the spine.. I have an appointment Thursday hopefully he’ll order a scan.
This is hurting in the center where my spine is it’s not in the muscles I don’t think. Really think this might be bone cancer it’s aching in my bones

Well haven’t been able to go to sleep because of the pain which further confirms my fears that it’s spinal cancer...

Here are a few examples from your 'Oesophagus cancer thread, just a very few as it was a YEAR and 100 PAGES LONG, starting from Feb 2018 ! You moved from O Cancer, to stomach cancer, Lymphoma, bladder cancer, bone cancer, brain cancer and various other cancers through that same thread. See what you are doing here - EXACTLY THE SAME ! You were diagnosed with GERD/heartburn only.

Dying_Swan
30-10-19, 18:47
It feels a bit like you want to prove everyone wrong. I'm interested in why you end most of your posts with ellipses...

Didn't you have metastatic bowel cancer a few days ago? And pulmonary hypertension with sats-in-your-boots a few weeks ago? I think you'd find that your list of stomach cancer symptoms are common to lots of different conditions. Given your clear CT scan, why are you so convinced you have cancer? Would it not be prudent to seek support with your anxiety, especially given you're expecting to have to wait for further tests?

Btw, I was treated for acid reflux/possible ulcer. It took months to resolve and I got pain after eating, not before. Be wary of things which might irritate. I had to stop taking NSAIDs and drinking lime cordial for a while, for example.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 18:59
It feels a bit like you want to prove everyone wrong. I'm interested in why you end most of your posts with ellipses...

Didn't you have metastatic bowel cancer a few days ago? And pulmonary hypertension with sats-in-your-boots a few weeks ago? I think you'd find that your list of stomach cancer symptoms are common to lots of different conditions. Given your clear CT scan, why are you so convinced you have cancer? Would it not be prudent to seek support with your anxiety, especially given you're expecting to have to wait for further tests?

Btw, I was treated for acid reflux/possible ulcer. It took months to resolve and I got pain after eating, not before. Be wary of things which might irritate. I had to stop taking NSAIDs and drinking lime cordial for a while, for example.

I’m going to see if I can make a appointment with my therapist until I see the doctor. I just know somethings different and getting worse fast.

Carys
30-10-19, 19:00
Indeed, start eating properly and drinking properly as you should for your acid reflux and go back to seeing your psychologist/psychiatrist.

I just know somethings different and getting worse fast.

Whatever...read what I posted above.....

Hypo27
30-10-19, 19:18
Indeed, start eating properly and drinking properly as you should for your acid reflux and go back to seeing your psychologist/psychiatrist.

Whatever...read what I posted above.....

I saw what you posted but this really different as soon as I eat it wants to come back up like it isn’t digesting right. I hope it’s not a tumor blocking the way for food to pass..

Carys
30-10-19, 19:24
I saw what you posted but this really different as soon as I eat it wants to come back up like it isn’t digesting right. I hope it’s not a tumor blocking the way for food to pass..

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID ON THAT VERY THREAD, go back and read it !

1. This is different.
2. Food comes back up.
3. Its a tumour blocking the food.

If you don't believe me, go read it....100 pages and 12 months of posts....these exact words are on there.

You might learn something by reading it again, finally......this is history repeating again and again. (excuse the pun)

I’m going to see if I can make a appointment with my therapist until I see the doctor.

I think that is prudent, and I think it should be ongoing therapy.

Carys
30-10-19, 19:44
Oh, and I distinctly recall you spent a good portion of Christmas Day last year - on here or searching for illnesses. Not with your family and children, but on your thread here or on google. It was unbelievable!

Sort this out Hypo, once and for all.

Hypo27
30-10-19, 19:55
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID ON THAT VERY THREAD, go back and read it !

1. This is different.
2. Food comes back up.
3. Its a tumour blocking the food.

If you don't believe me, go read it....100 pages and 12 months of posts....these exact words are on there.

You might learn something by reading it again, finally......this is history repeating again and again. (excuse the pun)

I think that is prudent, and I think it should be ongoing therapy.

That was different this time is the food wants to
come back up as soon as I eat. Back then it would happens hours after I ate. Now I can eat just a small amount of food and feel really full and bloated and it wants to come back up idk