PDA

View Full Version : Heard voice over TV

helenhoo
05-10-19, 09:27
I was in other room and TV was on with baby and sure I heard voice. Rewind and nothing. We can hear neighbors regularly but not sure. Didn't hear what was said just someone saying something.

Quinn1
05-10-19, 10:50
“Que chingados?”:roflmao:

Gary A
05-10-19, 11:39
In house. Put kettle on. Went to kettle one minute later. Water was warm.

ankietyjoe
05-10-19, 12:11
In house. Put kettle on. Went to kettle one minute later. Water was warm.

So you're saying you might have cancer?

NancyW
05-10-19, 13:00
Being Halloween season, I love all things creepy. My husband and I are horror movie enthusiasts, as is our youngest son. (So proud!)

However my husband said if he EVER hears.... getttttt...ouuuttttt!

He's gone. 😂👻☠

Fishmanpa
05-10-19, 14:08
Being Halloween season, I love all things creepy. My husband and I are horror movie enthusiasts, as is our youngest son.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l42Pyn8SW6pE5Vw76/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa
05-10-19, 14:14
I was in other room and TV was on with baby and sure I heard voice. Rewind and nothing. We can hear neighbors regularly but not sure. Didn't hear what was said just someone saying something.

If you walk in and see something like this, then I'd worry..... :scared15:

https://media.giphy.com/media/cWUeeWkzQKcXm/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

NancyW
05-10-19, 15:26
https://media.giphy.com/media/l42Pyn8SW6pE5Vw76/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts
Seriously contemplating binge watching horror movies this weekend lol

Fishmanpa
05-10-19, 15:47
Seriously contemplating binge watching horror movies this weekend lol

There's only one that to this day give me the heebie jeebies.... That's "The Omen". I remember going to the theater to see it. I guess because being filled with Bible references and such, it felt more relevant and within the realm of possibility based on your spiritual beliefs (Unlike the Frankenstein's and Dracula's of horror films). The combination of the innocence of Damian as a child contrasted against the pure evil in his heart was vividly portrayed.

Added: After writing this I sat and thought about why that movie impacted me as it did. As we age and our experiences shape who we are and what we believe. Some lessons from experience are affirmed, some are denied. Looking back, what made me upset, sad and fearful was the hate and evil in this world so vividly portrayed in that movie. My true fear from that movie was that my fear would be affirmed. Looking at what's taking place currently affirms that and accounts for my mood as of late.

Positive thoughts

NancyW
05-10-19, 18:04
I can understand that Fishman, and The Omen movies have not been on my favorites list, I did not think of it before but the real reason may be exactly what you wrote.

The classic horror movies are entertaining to me. The good vrs evil, especially when in the end evil is still lurking can leave me feeling disturbed.

The exorcist (original) is to date the scariest movie I have ever seen.

I am a fan of the Annabelle/Conjuring movies. Also a fan of the Saw movies.

All that said, once a movie affects my mood in a negative way it no longer is entertainment.

Something interesting my youngest told me that he read about people who like scary movies, they often do so because it allows the feelings of anxiety and fear without any real threat and to the anxious mind that is comforting.

THAT is very interesting to me.

Fishmanpa
05-10-19, 18:07
Something interesting my youngest told me that he read about people who like scary movies, they often do so because it allows the feelings of anxiety and fear without any real threat and to the anxious mind that is comforting.

That makes perfect sense.

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
05-10-19, 18:12
Nope. Ghosts are fine. It's the alien abductions I'm worried about! :scared:

brucealmighty
10-10-19, 23:02
It was always the first halloween film for me, the fact that it was a `normal` person who`d started as a scared little kid just got to me. and the fact that he killed a dog. don`t mind people getting chopped up but you don`t kill dogs, even in films!

LF87
11-10-19, 11:35

That is so interesting! I love horror films but am the most anxious person 🤔😂 That makes total sense though, feeling anxiety without any threat. Mind, I did watch Netflix horror series Marianne the other week. That was truly terrifying, way scarier than a lot of my fave horrors. Recommend it.

NancyW
11-10-19, 16:33
LF87 thanks for recommending, I'm going to look it up.

I need some nonthreatening anxiety... too much real stuff going on. *not everyone would understand that lol

helenhoo
11-10-19, 22:34
I'm sure I heard a whisper earlier

nomorepanic
11-10-19, 22:44
does it matter Helen?