PDA

View Full Version : Rising sensation in head/brain!!

allen1989
05-10-19, 13:17
It’s like the feeling you get when your on a rollercoaster, except it’s not in the stomach but in my head! The sensation brings on total panic, racing thoughts and sweating. Does anyone else experience this?

MrLurcher
05-10-19, 15:39
Hi, I had two episodes of something similar over the summer. I was trying to explain to the doctor what I was feeling but he couldn't really come up with an explanation. Mine felt like head rushes, accompanied by a tight/squeezing feeling around my head, and also dizziness. All very strange. It went away when I slept, but got worse as the day's went on. Lasted about 8-10 days then slowly stopped - very similar pattern to a lot of my other anxiety symptoms. The dizziness started first, which I had years ago from an inner year infection - so maybe I made the symptoms worse this time by worrying and stressing about it.

allen1989
05-10-19, 16:38
Hi, I had two episodes of something similar over the summer. I was trying to explain to the doctor what I was feeling but he couldn't really come up with an explanation. Mine felt like head rushes, accompanied by a tight/squeezing feeling around my head, and also dizziness. All very strange. It went away when I slept, but got worse as the day's went on. Lasted about 8-10 days then slowly stopped - very similar pattern to a lot of my other anxiety symptoms. The dizziness started first, which I had years ago from an inner year infection - so maybe I made the symptoms worse this time by worrying and stressing about it.

Haha tell me about it, doctor looked at me like I was mad! Mine are very similar to yours, like a rising/rush type feeling in the head. I seem to be getting it quite a lot lately. They only last a couple seconds but leave me in panic mode. I think maybe it’s to do with my breathing and stressing/concentrating on it!

Fishmanpa
05-10-19, 17:25
It’s like the feeling you get when your on a rollercoaster, except it’s not in the stomach but in my head! The sensation brings on total panic, racing thoughts and sweating. Does anyone else experience this?

It'sa common anxiety symptom (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Dizziness_or_light-headedness). It also makes sense being that you challenged your anxiety and your body is ramped up due to that.

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
05-10-19, 17:45
Haha tell me about it, doctor looked at me like I was mad! Mine are very similar to yours, like a rising/rush type feeling in the head. I seem to be getting it quite a lot lately. They only last a couple seconds but leave me in panic mode. I think maybe it’s to do with my breathing and stressing/concentrating on it!

Not sure what could be causing them! Mine could have been an inner ear infection again, but doubt it. I was reading up about muscle tension in the neck and shoulders causing it, which could have been the case because the feeling went away when I lied down - my muscles probably relaxing. Very, very weird sensations though, and of course I freaked out which turned into a domino effect of more symptoms.

Crispy
07-10-19, 08:58
Hi,
I experience very similar to the OP, a swimming sensation in the head. Makes me feel dizzy and off-balance - I don't experience this at home - just when around others.It happens at work, whilst sat at my desk I feel an occasional 'whoosh' through the head - very odd.