PDA

View Full Version : Ct Scan Brain Tumour

Andy699
08-10-19, 15:52
Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while but I'm freaking out today. I woke up the morning and I've got a twitch that keeps coming and going just below my bottom lip on the left side and I keep thinking it's a brain tumour. I fell over at the end of August this year and had to have a CT scan at hospital which was all clear. My question is if I had a brain tumour wouldn't it have shown up on the Ct scan? Thanks guys

gailveronica
08-10-19, 15:56
Yes, it would have. Without a doubt. A family member has a brain tumor that was caught after a car accident due to a CT scan (it was caught 10+ years ago and she's still fine, it hasn't grown, it's very small and benign, but CT picked it up).

Yourboymj99
08-10-19, 16:33
Hey Andy,

A CT scan would not have missed a tumour. Don't worry about the twitch as it is harmless.

Take care

Gary A
08-10-19, 18:09
Some people think CT scanning is poor due to advancements in MRI scanning. CT scanning is a very accurate form of imagery, indeed, it is always the first port of call when serious head traumas are involved. You’d have to ask, why would they use it if it had the potential to miss these things?

MRI scanning is better, but only because it shows more detail with regards to vessels etc. Tumours and other structural abnormalities would be easily picked up by a CT scan.

In any case, an intermittent twitch on a small part of the body is not a symptom of a brain tumour. You can relax.

crazygal
09-10-19, 15:27
CT scans are highly sensitive. It wouldn't have missed a tumor. A tumor looks very different from the rest of the brain's matter so it would have showed up.

Secondly that twitch you're having is most likely due to stress and anxiety.

Whenever I'm stresses or going through a anxiety attack, my eye twitches like crazy.