PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound results wait time!!

Neverending_story
09-10-19, 14:42
Hi all
Had an upper abdo & pelvic scan on Monday morning - what is the wait time on this? I did ask they said 5 days or so BUT my Dr is not in this week (not sure when he will be back) whom ordered the scan so fearing they will leave it till he is back....

unsure_about_this
11-10-19, 18:55
Hi

If there was something serious going on, you would have been contacted by now by someone at the practice you attend.

Quinn1
12-10-19, 09:52
Here the radiologist sends a CD the same day,depending on the time of your scan.
Like the op said,if something was wrong you would know by now

BikerMatt
12-10-19, 16:22
Here the radiologist sends a CD the same day,depending on the time of your scan.

:roflmao: CD, same day! In the UK:roflmao: Not a chance!

Everything is still done via snail mail over here.

WiseMonkey
12-10-19, 20:20
Like the op said,if something was wrong you would know by now

Here in NZ most blood tests come back the same or next day as all done online. Ultrasound can also come back the same/or next day if it's done Mon-Thurs. I guess we're dealing with far less people down here (nearly 5 million) and (Australia 25.3 million).

Neverending_story
14-10-19, 16:36
Hi all

Thanks for replying
I rung the surgery and they said the results are not in as yet still......its been a week since I had the scan this morning - will just have to keep waiting I guess!

Quinn1
15-10-19, 11:22
It sounds like all is well,no need too wait,get on with your life :yesyes:

WiseMonkey
15-10-19, 17:01
I do agree, if there was anything serious going on your Dr would have been contacted quickly, withing the first week. Here in NZ it would be within the first day.

Neverending_story
16-10-19, 14:18
It sounds like all is well,no need too wait,get on with your life :yesyes:

ITs hard to as just called the surgery again and nothing has been received back as yet, so its probably not even been looked at yet, means anything could be wrong!

Carys
16-10-19, 14:59
The problem with the UK (guys replying from other fast countries lol) is that it doesn't mean they've even looked at the results yet. I have had cancer, and my yearly screening results can take anything from 7 days to 5 weeks to come back ! Last year they were over 4 weeks, the year before 5 days (and I presumed the worst, but they were fine), the year before over 4 weeks..... Timescale of results is dependent on how busy the department is and the backlog of images they have to look at, any holidays in between etc. Delay doesn't mean good, and it doesn't mean bad, quick results doesn't mean good and doesn't mean bad - you get the idea. This of course doesn't help Neverending_story, and it makes it all the more painful whilst you are waiting, I know and many many others know the feeling too. All you can do is hang on in there and try to get on with things whilst putting it to the back of your mind. I would say if you had it on Monday morning, and they said '5 days or so' (that'll be working days) then I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next week.

Neverending_story
16-10-19, 16:21
The problem with the UK (guys replying from other fast countries lol) is that it doesn't mean they've even looked at the results yet. I have had cancer, and my yearly screening results can take anything from 7 days to 5 weeks to come back ! Last year they were over 4 weeks, the year before 5 days (and I presumed the worst, but they were fine), the year before over 4 weeks..... Timescale of results is dependent on how busy the department is and the backlog of images they have to look at, any holidays in between etc. Delay doesn't mean good, and it doesn't mean bad, quick results doesn't mean good and doesn't mean bad - you get the idea. This of course doesn't help Neverending_story, and it makes it all the more painful whilst you are waiting, I know and many many others know the feeling too. All you can do is hang on in there and try to get on with things whilst putting it to the back of your mind. I would say if you had it on Monday morning, and they said '5 days or so' (that'll be working days) then I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next week.

Thanks for the reply - I had the scan on Monday Oct 7th

Carys
16-10-19, 16:24
Oh I see, thats annoying, but to be honest not unexpected for NHS results - Can your surgery (in the absence of your GP) not ring the department to try and chase them ?

Neverending_story
16-10-19, 16:24
Oh I see, thats annoying, but to be honest not unexpected for NHS results - Can your surgery (in the absence of your GP) not ring the department to try and chase them ?

I will call them again tomorrow and find out - the company that did my ultrasound states

Your Ultrasound results will be reported on the day, the report will be delivered to your GP. Please contact your Surgery seven days after your scan to get your results.

Carys
16-10-19, 16:46
'The company' ? Was it done privately then ?

Neverending_story
16-10-19, 16:48
'The company' ? Was it done privately then ?

No through the NHS but they used a company called Global Diagnostics

Carys
16-10-19, 17:02
Oh, I see. If they state those time-scales clearly on their information then you are of course well within your rights to hassle the surgery. I wonder if its a letter sat waiting for your GP, that hasn't been opened as she/he is away ?

Neverending_story
16-10-19, 17:04
Oh, I see. If they state those time-scales clearly on their information then you are of course well within your rights to hassle the surgery. I wonder if its a letter sat waiting for your GP, that hasn't been opened as she/he is away ?

Well yes I think so too! I will call them again tomorrow and ask them to chase it up if I have not heard anything - also not sure if my Dr is back as yet so will have to check that also

WiseMonkey
16-10-19, 22:22
Well yes I think so too! I will call them again tomorrow and ask them to chase it up if I have not heard anything - also not sure if my Dr is back as yet so will have to check that also

All diagnostic results come back to the primary Dr online via email, so the Dr can receive the results anytime, they don't have to be back at the surgery. They can contact you anytime if it's anything serious.

Carys
17-10-19, 07:14
All diagnostic results come back to the primary Dr online via email, so the Dr can receive the results anytime, they don't have to be back at the surgery. They can contact you anytime if it's anything serious.

Not in the UK WM.

Neverending_story
17-10-19, 09:20
Not in the UK WM.

This is true but hopefully I will hear something soon - I am going to call again today and quote the waiting time for results and ask them to chase it up

Neverending_story
17-10-19, 12:02
Rung Global Diagnostics and they stated that they have had issues regarding sending reports - mind DID NOT GO THROUGH successfully to my GP surgery!!!!! I cant believe it!!!! So they said they would get the report to my GP surgery by the end of the day - PATHETIC!!! If there is anything urgent that needs addressing I will TAKE LEGAL ACTION!!!

Carys
17-10-19, 12:45
Hiyer, glad you got through to them, but its sad you needed to chase to such an extent. Don't worry about the 'if there is anything urgent' scenario, there are no scenarios for which a few days here and there make any difference - unless you are a hospital in-patient of course and then immediate diagnostics are needed.

Neverending_story
17-10-19, 16:12
Hiyer, glad you got through to them, but its sad you needed to chase to such an extent. Don't worry about the 'if there is anything urgent' scenario, there are no scenarios for which a few days here and there make any difference - unless you are a hospital in-patient of course and then immediate diagnostics are needed.

Just hope they send the bloody thing so I know wtf the results are! Sorry for the aggression but im so hacked off!

Neverending_story
18-10-19, 13:39
Just hope they send the bloody thing so I know wtf the results are! Sorry for the aggression but im so hacked off!

So the report is with my GP whom is not in till Tuesday now next week - im sick of worrying about it!!!

Carys
18-10-19, 13:43
ASk them to get another doctor to look at it.

Neverending_story
18-10-19, 14:56
ASk them to get another doctor to look at it.

I should have done but I am so sick of ringing them and chasing

Lady123
18-10-19, 15:05
Sorry to hear you’re still waiting hun x

Neverending_story
18-10-19, 15:10
Sorry to hear you’re still waiting hun x
Crazy right! Going to ring the surgery now after 4pm again when they open and ask nicely if another Dr can just look over the results for me....

Carys
18-10-19, 15:47
I think that would be only fair of them.

Neverending_story
18-10-19, 16:13
I think that would be only fair of them.

I have requested that they send the report to another GP that is there today which they have done - they said the GP might not pick the results up before they close so in that case I will have to wait till Monday (I was told Tuesday my normal GP would be back, another error!!!) I just want to know whats up!!!

BikerMatt
19-10-19, 01:52
I'm glad you're getting your results early next week. I think you've done really well as I know for a fact that radiologists aren't even looking at scan pictures for 5 weeks at my hospital.

Good luck��

Neverending_story
21-10-19, 06:36
Hey everyone! My results were returned yesterday a Sunday! They normal 👍👍👍. Thanks for all the support shown

WiseMonkey
21-10-19, 06:51
Hey everyone! My results were returned yesterday a Sunday! They normal . Thanks for all the support shown

Congratulations, so glad all is OK, now you can relax :yesyes:

BlueIris
21-10-19, 07:00
Congratulations!

Neverending_story
21-10-19, 08:58
Congratulations, so glad all is OK, now you can relax :yesyes:

Thank you - all good :) - thanks for the support

Quinn1
21-10-19, 11:44
That is great news:yesyes:

Neverending_story
21-10-19, 13:48
That is great news:yesyes:

Thank you:yahoo:

BikerMatt
21-10-19, 15:55
Pleased for you.

Neverending_story
22-10-19, 10:16
Pleased for you.

Thank you - its such a huge relief :) - ARE YOU WAITING for scan results? As you mentioned its taking 5 weeks?

BikerMatt
22-10-19, 13:31
Thank you - its such a huge relief :) - ARE YOU WAITING for scan results? As you mentioned its taking 5 weeks?

Not waiting now but did throughout 2017/18 but the shortest I ever waited was probably 2 months as it's not just how long the scans take to get looked at, it then has to go to the Consultant, then you wait for them for a letter or appt.
My Partner had an ultrasound about 2 1/2 ago and found out last week that she has some sort of liquid in something called the pouch of Douglas.

Neverending_story
22-10-19, 13:59
Not waiting now but did throughout 2017/18 but the shortest I ever waited was probably 2 months as it's not just how long the scans take to get looked at, it then has to go to the Consultant, then you wait for them for a letter or appt.
My Partner had an ultrasound about 2 1/2 ago and found out last week that she has some sort of liquid in something called the pouch of Douglas.

WoW that is a pretty long time to wait - its nerve wrecking and tiresome!

Oh no, what are they going to do for your partner? Do they know where the fluid is coming from as yet? I hope all is ok though

BikerMatt
22-10-19, 16:09
WoW that is a pretty long time to wait - its nerve wrecking and tiresome!

Oh no, what are they going to do for your partner? Do they know where the fluid is coming from as yet? I hope all is ok though

It is yes. As for my Partner she is so laid back she doesn't worry about anything.

But honestly my hospital is hopeless, you wouldn't believe how they've has messed me and my family around in the last couple of years.

My Partner had an internal inspection with a female GP last week, had some swabs taken and funnily enough is phoning now for the results.

Neverending_story
23-10-19, 15:27
It is yes. As for my Partner she is so laid back she doesn't worry about anything.

But honestly my hospital is hopeless, you wouldn't believe how they've has messed me and my family around in the last couple of years.

My Partner had an internal inspection with a female GP last week, had some swabs taken and funnily enough is phoning now for the results.

Oh no so sorry to hear!

Has your partner got her results?

BikerMatt
23-10-19, 20:36
Oh no so sorry to hear!

Has your partner got her results?

Nope! So ultrasound 2 1/2 months ago, found out only last week about this fluid pouch of Douglas thing, had the internal examination last week with swabs taken, told a week for results, phoned yesterday and told probably next week! PROBABLY! JESUS!

WiseMonkey
24-10-19, 08:26

This is really common in women who still get periods, I had it many years ago and can be completely benign :)

Neverending_story
24-10-19, 09:51
Nope! So ultrasound 2 1/2 months ago, found out only last week about this fluid pouch of Douglas thing, had the internal examination last week with swabs taken, told a week for results, phoned yesterday and told probably next week! PROBABLY! JESUS!

Oh no - grrr the waiting does my head in it really does! I am sorry for the wait she & you have to wait for the results - I hope they come back normal for you :) Keep us updated if you can :)

BikerMatt
30-10-19, 01:23
This is really common in women who still get periods, I had it many years ago and can be completely benign :)

Thanks WM:)

BikerMatt
30-10-19, 01:25
Oh no - grrr the waiting does my head in it really does! I am sorry for the wait she & you have to wait for the results - I hope they come back normal for you :) Keep us updated if you can :)

Still NO results 15 days after swabs taken:shrug:

MyNameIsTerry
30-10-19, 02:16

Something you are not telling us, Matt? Do I need to be calling you BikerMandy? :biggrin:

Neverending_story
30-10-19, 10:24
Still NO results 15 days after swabs taken

GRRRR frustrating :mad: - maybe the swabs take slightly longer (just guessing) - I really hope you get the results SOON! :frown:

BikerMatt
30-10-19, 11:56
GRRRR frustrating :mad: - maybe the swabs take slightly longer (just guessing) - I really hope you get the results SOON! :frown:

Honestly I KNOW I'M ALWAYS BASHING MY NHS TRUST BUT It really is shockingly bad as this is now 3 months since the ultrasound and actually my Partner 1st wen't to her GP with a bit of spotting a month before the ultrasound. So really now 4 months!

BikerMatt
30-10-19, 11:59
Something you are not telling us, Matt? Do I need to be calling you BikerMandy? :biggrin:

Hermaphrodite :ohmy:

Neverending_story
30-10-19, 12:52
Honestly I KNOW I'M ALWAYS BASHING MY NHS TRUST BUT It really is shockingly bad as this is now 3 months since the ultrasound and actually my Partner 1st wen't to her GP with a bit of spotting a month before the ultrasound. So really now 4 months!

No I understand - its 16 weeks of waiting and chasing up - results in general should really be 2 weeks or less than that depends what it is but again I hope you get the results. I would request that your Surgery call the department they need to, to chase these results!

BikerMatt
11-11-19, 17:31

Still NO results and if I hadn't phoned and had a moan to my Partners Dr's surgery on Friday, we would've never ever had any results at all as the Dr's surgery phoned the hospital for us today and my Partners samples have been lost!
Does sh#t like this only happen to me and my family?!

Oh and when my Partner was phoning chasing her swab results she was told if they're being tested by the same as who test smear samples, smears are taking 14 weeks, jesus! FFS!