PDA

View Full Version : given sertraline by gp

mirry
24-09-07, 14:13
went to gp about asthma and ended up in tears about my anxiety :blush: ,
he has given me some Sertraline to try , he said it has less side effects ,Im really nervous about starting it , have read storys on here about it and lots of people saying it doesnt help.........should I be worried ?

joy
24-09-07, 18:06
well like all the meds they work for some and not others< you can only tell by trying. hopefully it may be the one that works

Love Joy

mat74
25-09-07, 13:23
I am on Citalopram and am in to month 2 of the treatment (10mg daily). I thought I was OK but last few days have felt nauseous and sick. I guess the key is trying stuff given by your GP until you find the right match for you. I know my Dad who is on around 6 forms of medication a day said to me people react in different ways to some meds than others.

Good luck and dont worry. I was a drinker but have not drunk alcohol for 6 weeks since being on Citalopram as I really want to get well again!

mirry
25-09-07, 13:35
Hi Mat , Good luck with the cilopram , your dad is right about different pills effecting people differently. For every good report is a bad report but we have to keep searching for that one pill that WILL help :yesyes: .