PDA

View Full Version : Mole Flareup Again

aloy-
10-10-19, 18:27
Hi all,
im gonna keep this short as I’m having an anxiety Flareup at work. I noticed this strange spot on my forehead a few days ago - I thought it was an acne scar at first, but it’s been about a week now and it looks more like a weird freckle. I’m freaking out about it, and want to call the dermatologist, but for now I need reassurance

imgur link : https://imgur.com/a/AJ337jU

please help!

aloy-
10-10-19, 21:49
Update: called the dermatologist but was redirected to billing, I think for some bill they never sent to me. �� I’ll have to wait even longer until I’ll have enough to get it covered, then I assume I’ll have to wait another week or two to even get in there. So stressed out.....

aloy-
14-10-19, 14:22
Bump....

nomorepanic
14-10-19, 14:24
Looks like a freckle which are harmless as far as I know.

aloy-
20-10-19, 22:04
Is there a chance of freckles being bad? I’ve read they can turn bad, and have heard others say they can’t...

OCDworrier
21-10-19, 17:37
Yeah that's a terrible feeling when you think you've stumbled on to something like that. I agree that it looks like a harmless freckle. None of the raised up or ridged or jagged areas that suggest something nefarious. The dermatologist will put you at ease, though.

aloy-
27-10-19, 04:48
https://imgur.com/a/1aRQ08I
Here’s another picture of it with flash, you can see it a bit better. It’s definitely not the weirdest mole/freckle I have, but I’m still a little weirded out by it. It popped up about a month and a half ago?

aloy-
27-10-19, 04:50
Thank you for the extra reassurance!! I’m still a bit stuck about payments for the dermatologist, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to get in at least in a month to see. Just scares me to think that, on the chance it’s bad, money would be holding me up.

Double_Rainbow
01-11-19, 18:39
It is a sun spot. It is harmless. You will get more as you get older (we all do). I'm in the same boat so I dont judge you, but you need to learn to manage these obsessions without running to a derm. Only so often you can run there before it starts looking really weird....

aloy-
17-12-19, 21:48
I was wondering if it could be a sun spot. I’m not out in the sun a whole lot, but I don’t use sunscreen or anything so it’s not unlikely. I’ve been monitoring it a lot and it looks pretty much the same, only looks darker depending on the lighting (such as flash.)

Going to the doctor next month to find a better means of managing my anxiety. Hope that helps more!

aloy-
19-02-20, 17:58
panicking again!!
felt it today and it feels like itÂ’s raised up some. cant tell if itÂ’s acne under it, if iÂ’m imagining it, or what!!
can sun spots be raised up? maybe i didnÂ’t notice it before?

aloy-
14-03-20, 18:13
I need some reassurance :((
I’ve been trying not to panic and have been monitoring my spot closely instead.
Today when I looked in the mirror, I noticed a pore in the freckle looks caved in, almost like a blackhead was popped. I don’t know if I had one that I scratched in my sleep, or what, but it’s giving me severe anxiety right now. What could cause that?