PDA

View Full Version : lamotrogene should i try it?

camilla
22-01-05, 00:26
I'm in 2 minds whether to try this medication or not.
Lamotrogene is a mood staberliser i thought they were only for people whose moods go up and down. but i have been almost constantly low since oct 04. so is still a chance it will lift my moods. [?]

i'm also worried it will increase my appitite. i have already put on 4 stones in the last 2 and a half years. i am so self-conious about my weight i don't want to put any more on. i am sensitive to medication so normally do get lots of side effects. is increased appitite one side effect you can get on this medication. [?]
is there any other side-effects?

camilla

Meg
22-01-05, 01:38
Camilla,

I thought you were being very closely monitored by your team . Have they asked you to consider it or have they prescribed it already and are asssuming you will take it ?

If you do go down this route you should watch for skin changes and have the odd blood test taken occassionally to check levels of iron which can be affected very very rarely.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

camilla
22-01-05, 02:59
i haven't been prescribed it yet. it is more of a idea for the future. they didn't tell me about the side-effects. i hope that they were going to tell me nearer the time.
camilla

sal
22-01-05, 23:47
Hi Camilla

Look up the side affects and see how you feel about them.

I can only judge by what medication i have been on, but sanity was worth a lot more than my figure. I have put loads of weight on too but now im feeling more positive and stronger i can now tackle that.

I know putting on weight can lead us to feel even more down, but as the better days came round the obssession with my weight got less important. Probably wasnt the best way to look at it as now i have the diet to face but at the time weight gain was well outweighed by happiness and a bit of normality.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx