PDA

View Full Version : Duloxetine day 1

Sober2000june
16-10-19, 12:56
Hi all,

Took my first 30mg dose of Duloxetine last night. Kids off on holiday so planning to try and keep as distracted as possible.

Any encouragement from any others on this med or not would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul:)

Sober2000june
16-10-19, 18:27
I seem to get the meds that noone else is on :shrug:

nomorepanic
16-10-19, 19:40
Other people are on it - have a look at their threads.

panic_down_under
17-10-19, 00:37
Took my first 30mg dose of Duloxetine last night. Kids off on holiday so planning to try and keep as distracted as possible.

Did you stop taking lofepramine and if so, how have you been since, Paul?

KK77
17-10-19, 01:29
Duloextine now... I sometimes wonder whether these psychs enjoy playing the medi-go-round with patients. I had hoped Lofepramine would have helped you turn a corner but now it looks like you have to start all over again with Duloxetine, which I believe will be slowly increased to 60mg and above soon.

MyNameIsTerry
17-10-19, 02:00
I seem to get the meds that noone else is on :shrug:

This board has long been a bit of a zombie. There are plenty of threads by others to read through but not people currently using it on here for whatever reason.

It's working as a SSRI at 30mg so if you've been on those you will have an idea what to expect. When they raise it to 60mg that will start the N effects and if you haven't been on them before you might notice side effects like agitation but take it day by day and see how things go as no one can predict anything.

Sober2000june
17-10-19, 15:47
Did you stop taking lofepramine and if so, how have you been since, Paul?
i stopped 30th sept

Sober2000june
17-10-19, 15:48
been ok in am but rest of day not
i stopped 30th sept

Sober2000june
17-10-19, 15:48
at least i dont have terrible burning sensation on my anus anymore im off lofep

Sober2000june
18-10-19, 14:06
day 3.

absolutely nothing in me to keep distracted from myself. any encouragement please:weep:

pulisa
18-10-19, 14:41
I would say try not to feel sorry for yourself no matter how bad you feel. It just makes things worse and reinforces the feeling that things will never get better.

Give the duloxetine a chance? I know you've been on tonnes of meds before with no real success but you've got a new doctor with a new approach now so you've got to have faith until you know for sure that things aren't improving?

My son is switching to duloxetine too-he's got quite complex issues so it's a gamble. He has been to the darkest places in the last few weeks-you will know all about this though. You have to try something to get you through the days when everything seems hopeless and pointless, Paul and you are and you do.

Sober2000june
18-10-19, 19:21
Greatly appreciate your post pulisa. many hugs (())

pulisa
18-10-19, 20:28
I know it's just words on a screen but I understand your distress and frustration... There's no exact science to this and you've just got to get through the hours as best you can and not expect too much from the meds. Having faith in your psych is important but as they are so fond of saying "there is no magic wand" to speed recovery and don't we know it! Whatever small thing you can do to brighten your day all helps though.

Sober2000june
20-10-19, 13:42
many thanks pulisa. Day trying to keep going no energy and still twilight zone. plenty of yawning. woke up at 2 am last night but took loraz to get back over. just taken my youngest cycling. just trying to keep moving fwd.

Best wishes to all.

Sober2000june
23-10-19, 12:48
Day 8. Very hard to get moving today just flt like the black dog was trying to smother me. anyway, did school run, went to shops got some odds and sods and tried to rod the drains out the back. just trying to keep moving. just want to lay down but head is like "no chance, get back on that treadmill through the darkness".
anyway onward we must go.

warmest regards:hugs:,
Paul

panic_down_under
24-10-19, 09:14
Very hard to get moving today just flt like the black dog was trying to smother me. anyway, did school run, went to shops got some odds and sods and tried to rod the drains out the back. just trying to keep moving. just want to lay down but head is like "no chance, get back on that treadmill through the darkness".

anyway onward we must go.

Indeed. I think I've said this before when you were on lofepramine, you don't give yourself enough credit for how well you're actually doing. It's not as bleak as you may think. Not many would have accomplished even half of what did today and that's what you should be focussed on, imho, the positives, not the black dog.

Ian

TRISTAN
25-10-19, 07:47
I have been on this a while and on 120 and finding it really hard in the mornings , how’s it doing now , seems to take forever

panic_down_under
25-10-19, 11:53
I have been on this a while and on 120 and finding it really hard in the mornings

Hard how?

When do you take it?

seems to take forever

It can take up to 12 weeks for ADs to kick-in, Tristan

TRISTAN
25-10-19, 17:12
I wake with bad adrenaline and can’t settle for hours , been on it about 4 months

Sober2000june
25-10-19, 17:34
Indeed. I think I've said this before when you were on lofepramine, you don't give yourself enough credit for how well you're actually doing. It's not as bleak as you may think. Not many would have accomplished even half of what did today and that's what you should be focussed on, imho, the positives, not the black dog.

Ian
actually last night from 6.45pm was quite good. but today the same if not harder but hey ho day 10 nearly done

Sober2000june
25-10-19, 17:36
Hi Tristan, have you settled down a bit now?

Kind regards,
Paul

Sober2000june
25-10-19, 17:38
good to see someone else on it. not good that you are suffering

panic_down_under
25-10-19, 23:42
I wake with bad adrenaline and can’t settle for hours , been on it about 4 months

A beta-blocker may help with the adrenaline surge. How long have you been on 120mg and when do you take it, all AM, all PM, or in 2 split doses?

TRISTAN
26-10-19, 10:55
Been on 120 a long time and take it in morning , my gut try a split dose and see if it helps ???

what dose are you guys on and do you struggle in the mornings???

TRISTAN
26-10-19, 10:57
Been suffering for a long time now and just hate life at moment

TRISTAN
26-10-19, 11:03
Can’t calm down today and really hate it

panic_down_under
26-10-19, 23:11
Been on 120 a long time

More than 10-12 weeks?

and take it in morning , my gut try a split dose and see if it helps ???

Splitting the dose and taking 60mg twice a day may help. Like all the SNRIs, duloxetine has a very short half-life and while the slow release formulation should extend this for 24 hours some do much better when it is taken in two divided doses. It's definitely worth discussing with your GP, imho.

TRISTAN
27-10-19, 07:35
I will speak to them Monday , full on panic and anxiety adding

Sober2000june
28-10-19, 14:30
hope you are better Tristan. Im now on day 13 of 30mg and had a few good evenings, but daytime feel i am loosing my mind. anyway, onward ad upwards:).
it'd be great if some others with posistive experiences could chip in.

warm regards,
Paul

Sober2000june
29-10-19, 13:25
another good night after 7ish.:) just the 12-13 hrs before:wacko:.

How did you get on at docs tristan

warm regards,
Paul

panic_down_under
29-10-19, 22:39
another good night after 7ish.:) just the 12-13 hrs before:wacko:.

It is interesting how variable the side-effects of ADs can be. Some feel better during the day and find the nights difficult and others, such as yourself, get the opposite. Given the choice I'd opt for being able to sleep. During the day there can be many things to divert attention, but this isn't so easy at night.

Sober2000june
30-10-19, 17:51
day 15 absolute hades:weep:. I actually was playing cards with my youngest and was really engaged and quite jovial last night. I ate way too much processed food last night. Mullerrice, some thortnons chocolates; this is definitely link to how i metabolize sugar.

Sober2000june
30-10-19, 17:52
trying to hold onto nights are okay. just not getting much sleep though. after 5.30am my heads off to the races.

Sober2000june
31-10-19, 09:27
another day of hades here we go:weep:

SEANML
10-03-21, 17:23
I may be starting cymbalta tomorrow after I talk to my dr. How was the start? I take Mirtazapine/Olanzapine/Trazadone/Melatonin cocktails already. This is supposed to help with my OCD anxiety round about :P