PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy weird feeling

Kenton
19-10-19, 17:27
Hi I have been experiencing panic attacks and anxiety for about a year on and off, I started on sertraline 4 weeks ago( 2.5 weeks at 25mg and 1.5 weeks at 50mg) so far. I thought I was through three side effects as I felt ok and the nausea etc had subsided and in the first few weeks I had some bad panic attacks they had calmed down. However the last two days on the afternoon I have been experiencing some feelings that i haven't had before and I dont know if I need to go to the hospital. It's like a feeling in my stomach that shoots through me for a split second and makes me feel dizzy. Then it happens again.... but by then im really worried about it so know I might be adding fuel to the fire. I've just never had these feelings out of the blue before both days I was just sitting there on the couch when it happened. I'm terrified it could be signs of a stroke or that im about to die. Its It's so scary and im not sure how best to deal with it. Any ideas?

mocata
19-10-19, 20:05
is definitely nothing bad
maybe go to a&e and have blood tests if you're worried it is stroke but only for ur peace of mind
i know it can be worrying cuz of the correlation of symptoms but this can easily happen with anxiety

2Anxious
19-10-19, 22:14
Is it kind of like that feeling when you're in a lift and it stops?

I used to get this all the time when my anxiety was at it's worst. Of course I convinced myself it was something terrible. This was 4 years or so ago. Nothing came of it and I haven't felt it for a long time.

Kenton
19-10-19, 22:20
Hi yes it's a bit like that. It's like my brain shifts for a second. It's horrible and then sets off the alarm bells and panic systems in my body. Am just so sick of feeling rubbish. Thanks for replying

Kenton
19-10-19, 22:21
is definitely nothing bad
maybe go to a&e and have blood tests if you're worried it is stroke but only for ur peace of mind
i know it can be worrying cuz of the correlation of symptoms but this can easily happen with anxiety

Thanks hot your advice

2Anxious
19-10-19, 22:52
Hi yes it's a bit like that. It's like my brain shifts for a second. It's horrible and then sets off the alarm bells and panic systems in my body. Am just so sick of feeling rubbish. Thanks for replying

I have had all kinds of things like you’re describing over the years. There was a period where it felt like the ground was moving under me as I walked, split second flashes where it felt like I was about to pass out, that “lift” feeling, being jolted awake as I was drifting off to sleep, and many more.

I could never accept that it was just anxiety back then, but it really was.

I always err on the side of caution, so if it is bothering you I would see a doctor to put your mind at ease and be on the safe side, but it sounds like boring old anxiety to me.