PDA

View Full Version : Patch of Shiny Skin on Shin - Help Me

PennyP123
19-10-19, 22:05
So I discovered a patch of shiny skin on the front of one of my shins. It's flat, not discolored, doesn't itch, doesn't hurt. It's just shiny...it's probably 6 inches long by 2 inches wide...give or take. I Googled. Big mistake.

Please tell me you've had a patch of shiny skin.

nomorepanic
19-10-19, 22:43
What are you worried about - I am sure it is normal

Sparky16
20-10-19, 00:57
Do you shave your legs? I notice that gals who shave tend to end up with shiny areas on the fronts of the shins. I think it's the exfoliation from the razor that causes it. Totally harmless.

PennyP123
20-10-19, 12:10
Thank you both for responding. I'm scared...because...I don't know why. It's just out of the ordinary so it scares me thinking it's something bad. I don't shave much to be honest because I'm pretty much hairless anyway on my legs. Astoundingly, I have plenty of hair on my toes (TMI...sorry)...but for some reason my leg hair is sparse, fine and blonde. Anyway, I can't blame it on shaving. It's only one shin and only a strip on one shin. Weird.

Carys
20-10-19, 14:38
Something has been rubbing there, it could be literally anything like you cross your legs always the same way and are wearing jeans.....literally any physical action could cause it. However, I will say, I really think this is literally nothing to be concerned or worked up about, I can imagine any possible health implication of a shiny patch on one shin.

Sparky16
20-10-19, 18:19
I have the hairless legs and hairy toes, too! I joke that I'm secretly a hobbit.

I can't think of anything that would present as a shiny area of otherwise normal skin. You could ask your doctor the next time you see him, but I'm thinking like Carys, that something you are doing is rubbing your leg and keeping your skin smooth and exfoliated there.

Pkstracy
21-10-19, 04:33
If you wear pants a lot, my aunts did and never had to shave their legs as the pants rubbed the hair off and yes made their skin shiny.

AntsyVee
21-10-19, 05:32
It could also be scarring or a stretch mark

NancyW
21-10-19, 17:05
I Googled. Big mistake.

Yep. 🙄

Shadowhawk
21-10-19, 17:17
Something has been rubbing there, it could be literally anything like you cross your legs always the same way and are wearing jeans.....literally any physical action could cause it. However, I will say, I really think this is literally nothing to be concerned or worked up about, I can imagine any possible health implication of a shiny patch on one shin.
I can vouch for this (as a guy, but still). The way i walk means that my pants rub certain areas of my legs more than others, and those spots of my legs have little to no hair, to the point of being polished smooth. I would seriously not worry about it all, but i know our minds like to work differently at times...

Carys
21-10-19, 17:56
Well, shadowhawk, as I wish I could find some way of getting this smooth shiny effect all over my legs - it would be marketable I am sure