PDA

View Full Version : ECG

Phoenixess
21-10-19, 21:23
Hello
I need to have a 24 hr ecg and I’m really scared I’m considering cancelling it. What Do other people think?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SarahNah
21-10-19, 21:51
I'm suffering with a fast heart rate myself alot- my gp never seems to worry or send me for tests. I suppose it's nothing but unpleasant? Can I ask who set up the test? And if it's already booked in why not just have it as it may help you overcome this panic?

Phoenixess
21-10-19, 21:52
My GP ordered it on the back of the hospital recommendation

nomorepanic
21-10-19, 23:20
Don't cancel it ?

What scares you?

Phoenixess
21-10-19, 23:45
Im scared what they might find and say.
I have just done the heart age test on the nhs website and it said i am in 0.4% of having a heart attack or stroke and my heart age is 30 and i can expect to live until 74 without a heart attack or stroke

nomorepanic
21-10-19, 23:59
Well you have to know - you can't mess around with hearts so get it done.

You are highly unlikely to have anything wrong to be honest.

Phoenixess
11-11-19, 12:47
Getting the heart monitor today kinda of resided to the idea I’m going to prove to them there is nothing wrong with me after even being to scared to have it for the last two months.
Just wondered if I had a heart problem would it matter if I’m resting or active whilst I wear the monitor. I hope I don’t notice having it on otherwise that will mess me up

Phoenixess
04-12-19, 16:58
So upset basically I had the heart monitor I was scared of having on the 11th of November I’ve been ringing the doctors to ask for the results no one has said they have anything. Then I rang the hospital who said it has been sent back and been signed off. Now I rang today and the woman was like there nothing here and then she said yes the holtor monitor report is back. And I went quiet and she went quiet and now I’m panicking it came back with something bad I didn’t dare ask her she’s only a receptionist. I think I said something like Will the doctor discuss it with me tomorrow and she said if that’s what your appointment is for I’m terrified I’m so upset I don’t know what to do I just want to know if I’m ok or not. I’m really scared it’s bad news and tomorrow will leave me in a mess and I have a presentation on Friday I’m so scared help me please I can’t do this I’m so upset

BlueIris
04-12-19, 16:59
Try not to worry? All probability points to it being nothing.

Phoenixess
04-12-19, 17:01
Try not to worry? All probability points to it being nothing.

You sure I’m so alone with all my fears it’s not fair

BlueIris
04-12-19, 17:07
Life is fundamentally unfair, Phoenixess, and there's no such thing as completely sure, just the balance of probability.

Sorry you're feeling so awful.

Phoenixess
04-12-19, 17:11
Life is fundamentally unfair, Phoenixess, and there's no such thing as completely sure, just the balance of probability.

Sorry you're feeling so awful.

I’d been doing ok for a bit as well and now I’m a crying mess again.
I just rang the receptionist back and she said if the doctors had seen something urgent I would have been called to go down today as they only came back this morning but she said the doctor will clarify everything tomorrow so that’s a bit helpful I think? I don’t know I can’t see the wood for the trees for fear right now

BlueIris
04-12-19, 17:17
Are you aware that the fear is the issue here?

Phoenixess
04-12-19, 17:27
Are you aware that the fear is the issue here?

Yes I am
I’ve spoke to my step mum and my best friend and they have talked it all through with me I’m starting to feel a bit calmer

BlueIris
04-12-19, 17:47
That's brilliant! Not saying there won't be speedbumps but feeling a little bit better is always a help.

Phoenixess
04-12-19, 17:47
That's brilliant! Not saying there won't be speedbumps but feeling a little bit better is always a help.

Thanks blue x

Phoenixess
04-12-19, 17:48

Thanks blue x

MrLurcher
05-12-19, 11:46
It may be standard procedure having to speak to a doctor.

I had a heart scan (echocardiogram) back in the summer. I initially went to the dr as I was getting heartburn after exercise, which the dr brushed off as normal, but as my health anxiety was sky high I persisted and told him I also get palpitations/chest tightness (which looking back, most likely anxiety once again). He organised an ECG and referral for cardio........great, this was only 3 weeks after a sigmoidoscopy. Anyway, rang up 3/4 weeks after my scan for the results and the receptionist said 'the results are back'.......long pause........'can I just check something?'.......line goes silent for a minute......'right, we can't give you heart related results, you're going to have to speak to the dr'. I asked why - but I can't remember the reason she said. I then went into a huge panic, almost passing out, which lasted until I spoke to the dr. Anyway, the same receptionist rings back an hour later and says the dr said all the results were fine, but if you're still unhappy that there's no explanation for your palpitations then to arrange another appt to discuss further testing. I said, 'no, that's all I wanted to hear, thank you!'

So basically, just because you have an appt doesn't mean there's anything wrong. I know how difficult it is not to worry though.

Phoenixess
05-12-19, 18:51
Hi guys been to see the doctor.....
Some good news my heart is fine!!
I had a very few ectopic beats and my max heart rate during panic attack with it on was 158 they say everything is regular. Although these symptoms are uncomfortable apparently not life threatening!
I cannot thank you all for the support through this I mean now I’ve got to tackle my thoughts more head on but now I have the report and the facts I will start my next chapter .
Thanks again guys xxx

LouiseAndy
08-12-19, 19:24
Glad you got good results x Im going through some tests myself soon I can understand how you felt! Hope you have some peace now xx