PDA

View Full Version : New life same drama!

HalfJack
22-10-19, 03:06
Back after a few years away.
Positives: I'm successfully overcoming my needle phobia and my anxiety is at bay providing I'm not triggered.
Negatives: I still have body dysmorphia issues, and as a knock on effect social anxiety, low self esteem, depression and low motivation.
I'm really lonely because I've become so isolated, which is partly my fault and partially a side effect of having a baby, its harder to arrange stuff with friends and they all kinda drift off.

Hoping to gain back enough strength to go out and make new friends again.

venusbluejeans
22-10-19, 03:11
Hiya HalfJack and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

BikerMatt
22-10-19, 13:39
Hi HalfJack,
You may feel isolated now but when your little one starts nursery and school you will soon meet other Mums that you make special bonds with due to your children.
My Partner does so much more now as Mums with children of the same age really do build as I say that bond.

How old is your little one?

HalfJack
22-10-19, 20:44
Shes only 5 months old so not due for nursery any time soon although that's certainly something to look forward to, thank you!
I've met a few other local mums but didn't really gel with them, they weren't very friendly. I'm going to a social event for mums next month hopefully that will go better! Providing I don't chicken out...

BikerMatt
22-10-19, 22:07
HalfJack,
5 months, bless her and congratulations!!!

My Partner took our little boy to a Mum and baby group from when he was a month old and met some really great people. She went to that group until our boy started reception when he was 4.

Don't bottle it these groups are really good. Meet other Mums, have a cuppa, biscuit and it's good for your Daughter too.

All The Best

HalfJack
22-10-19, 22:56
Thanks :) I'll keep trying until I find one with friendly mums.