PDA

View Full Version : gait

mocata
23-10-19, 22:48
hii guys my gait is a little strange and uneasy, my right leg feels weaker/ i pull to the right although i don't think it's visible
i'm 18 and have been anxious
my hands is also shaking a lot and my fingers are moving, and have an internal twitch across the body/ even in the feet : ( afraid I will fall

p.s. please don't merge this post im begging u... the symptoms are so distinct from the previous sensations, especially the gait, and would really like to know if anyone has the same

mocata
23-10-19, 23:07
ive been twitching 3 weeks i think ive had the gait for over 6 months but have been worrying about it over this time : ( I saw the doctor on Mon. over my strength but didn't tell him about the gait or emphasise the twitching which are my main worries....
im so worried that it could be als but it is more just not knowing what will happen
thank u so much for any response

nomorepanic
23-10-19, 23:10
But this is all related to the same worries - ALS or MND

mocata
23-10-19, 23:16
@nomorepanic the last thread contained the worries i presented to my doctor but these ones are so distinct and are not having much resemblance. it is mainly the gait rather than a more generalised als fear of the first thread.

nomorepanic
23-10-19, 23:19
We still prefer people to stick to one general post about all their concerns to start with then this builds up a full picture of things.

mocata
23-10-19, 23:50
@nomorepanic I know you're right really but plz don't merge this thread, I think it's justifiable as a stand-alone because of the altered focus, not sure tho

anybody please respond, am just scared xx

nomorepanic
23-10-19, 23:52
But you now created yet another new post.

mocata
23-10-19, 23:54
that's not on the health anxiety forum tho?

nomorepanic
23-10-19, 23:57
It is all about your issues though so they need to be in one post.

mocata
24-10-19, 00:03
i don't want to distract from the main symptoms tho, because it is them for which i am seeking reassurance

mocata
24-10-19, 00:10
please respond anyone...
im afraid to walk.. i need to shower and go to sleep.. i can't go to the doctor becuase i'm going home for a few days, idk what to do... please tell me they can be caused by anxiety, possibly..

Fishmanpa
24-10-19, 00:37
Admin is right. Frankly, they could take all your threads and put them into one. In the little over a month since you joined, you've gone from eye issues to lymphoma to ALS. It's a classic HA pattern and having it in one thread perfectly illustrates it. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

mocata
24-10-19, 00:52
I am worried because Ive never had symptoms like these before. It is terribly odd... the legs very stiff and the twitches seem to make them move, and the right hand. I tell myself I haven't been exercising and my posture's been terrible since this bout started but am a bit afraid of walking. I can't seem to shake it. You are right tho.. I have always focused on things, optimism's so important. I think the lymphoma was longer ago but many worries inbetween

Hypo84
24-10-19, 07:40
If you were seriously ill you would just fall, you wouldn't fear that you will fall. Feelings that your walk is not right, one leg is weaker, fear that you will fall, those are all symptoms of anxiety. Twitching is completely benign.

mocata
24-10-19, 08:49
If you were seriously ill you would just fall, you wouldn't fear that you will fall. Feelings that your walk is not right, one leg is weaker, fear that you will fall, those are all symptoms of anxiety. Twitching is completely benign.

I feel like my right foot is dragging, I'm not sure if it still a feeling then, thank you tho.. if I turn in a circle sometimes it skims the floor but the other doesn't. I can dorsiflex equally on both feet, the right foot only feels stiffer. I did jolt on the stairs yesterday but didn't fall. My right leg definitely is smaller. I think it's always been this way, but also the front part of the muscles are smaller/the part over the knee, I'm not sure... I really appreciate ur advice thank you