PDA

View Full Version : Right leg and arm feeling weird... Please help!

ElectricAlice
24-10-19, 21:06
My right arm and leg feel weak and tired. Like muscle fatigue. I'm terrified this could be all the big scary diseases. This anxiety is taking over my life.

ElectricAlice
24-10-19, 22:46
I see so many replies to the other posts but none to mine. I'm drowning here.

nomorepanic
24-10-19, 23:17
Are you treating the anxiety though?

ElectricAlice
24-10-19, 23:19
I'm trying to. But it's hard because I have so many physical ailments. I feel unwell all the time with my autoimmme thyroid condition.

Quinn1
25-10-19, 10:28
I see so many replies to the other posts but none to mine. I'm drowning here.

Yep you are right,a lot of posts to some ridiculous threads,some over 300 pages.But they don’t take on board the advice given.:winks:

Siffi
25-10-19, 14:55
If it were a big scary disease it would be presenting in such an obvious way rather than fatigue. You would be weak and floppy. Thyroid dysfunction can cause muscular weakness, have you been to the doctor about it? Maybe it could be a migraine? I do have funny feelings in my arm and leg when I have my migraines, like it feels like it isn't my arm/leg. Have you ever considered CBT to stop those thoughts?

ElectricAlice
25-10-19, 16:19
Thanks for all your replies, they are very appreciated! I guess I worry more because it's just on one side. I'm pretty scared of MND at the moment. But I don't know if a gradual weakening/muscle fatigue feeling is a sign of this? For example my arm gets super tired from doing simple tasks like putting mascara on. It's been going on since June... Would it have progressed more by now? I have some twitching too.

I would love to get CBT for my anxiety but I can't afford it and the waiting list for NHS treatment is about 19 months right now 🙁
I try and help myself but I have a 3 year old and little energy left. Just so sick of it all.

ElectricAlice
25-10-19, 16:20
Sorry to hear about your mum, thyroid issues are awful! I really struggle with mine. I do worry more because my stuff is always one sided and I'm medicated for it so I don't know why it still happens...

ElectricAlice
25-10-19, 16:21
Just holding my right leg up is harder compared to my left :( it starts to shake and feels sore and tired so quickly.

ElectricAlice
25-10-19, 16:35
Just found something called hypothyroid myopathy... Do you think it could be this?

Quinn1
26-10-19, 10:55
Just found something called hypothyroid myopathy... Do you think it could be this?

NO.You really should stop googling.

ElectricAlice
26-10-19, 13:30
Surely it's a viable option considering I have hypothyroidism and muscle issues...

Fishmanpa
26-10-19, 13:38
Surely it's a viable option considering I have hypothyroidism and muscle issues...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qE2HzB4rOFQr4zK/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

ElectricAlice
26-10-19, 14:13
Helpful...

conan
27-10-19, 22:55
late one on this, i've had EXACTLY this, including
- feeling like i can't lift one of my legs as easily as the other
- feeling like my feet/hands are weak
- feeling like i'm tipping to one side as i walk
- feeling like one of my feet is "floppy"

went to the docs for this about 3 years ago and the diagnosis ended up being.... drumroll...... anxiety. went away when my brain felt better, comes back on occasion when it's bad again.

not saying don't get it checked out, see a doc if you feel like should, but just be aware that this is well within "stuff that anxiety can do to your body" territory.

nomorepanic
27-10-19, 23:19
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

ElectricAlice
28-10-19, 17:37
late one on this, i've had EXACTLY this, including
- feeling like i can't lift one of my legs as easily as the other
- feeling like my feet/hands are weak
- feeling like i'm tipping to one side as i walk
- feeling like one of my feet is "floppy"

went to the docs for this about 3 years ago and the diagnosis ended up being.... drumroll...... anxiety. went away when my brain felt better, comes back on occasion when it's bad again.

not saying don't get it checked out, see a doc if you feel like should, but just be aware that this is well within "stuff that anxiety can do to your body" territory.

Thank you for replying. It's very crazy how much the body can create weird symptoms. Did you have it on one side more than the other?

ElectricAlice
28-10-19, 19:59
I really do feel like there's something wrong 🙁

conan
29-10-19, 03:12
Did you have it on one side more than the other?

yep, entirely on my left side.

BlueIris
29-10-19, 07:00
I really do feel like there's something wrong 

The thing about Health Anxiety is that it turns you into an unreliable witness. You have to accept that for the moment, you can't trust your own thoughts and feelings.

ElectricAlice
29-10-19, 13:22
Thank you. I guess I just don't understand how anxiety is doing this. Does MND even start with gradual muscle fatigue? I can't get this out of my head because it feels so weird.

ElectricAlice
29-10-19, 20:56
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qE2HzB4rOFQr4zK/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

This was actually quite unkind and very unhelpful to someone who is struggling. Do you know how crippling and depressed this anxiety makes people? How I feel like I don't want to bother getting out of bed most days because I feel so unbelievably exhausted?!

ElectricAlice
02-11-19, 14:32
My throat feels like there's something stuck in it and like food won't go down properly. It's a bit sore too. Really freaking out because my arm and leg are weak and tired feeling and what happens if the throat issue is all MND? :(

nomorepanic
02-11-19, 14:39
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

ElectricAlice
02-11-19, 14:39
Now my throat feels weird... Totally freaking out 🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

nomorepanic
02-11-19, 14:41
What if the throat issue is just a sore throat or Globus?

You don't have MND so it is not that, more likely anxiety.

nomorepanic
02-11-19, 14:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

ElectricAlice
02-11-19, 17:34
What about my arm and leg? My arm feels so weird and weak :(

myowntale
08-03-20, 10:14
ElectricAlice , how are you feeling now ?