PDA

View Full Version : Help - on holiday and panicking

Honeyskye
25-10-19, 06:20
Hi I've posted a few times last week leading up to my holiday abroad because I'm so anxious about my health. First it was because I was scared I was going to get an infection because I've got a dodgey wisdom tooth...

While we have been away (5 days so far) my eldest daughter and my husband have both had a stomach bug. As you can imagine it's left me in tatters due to my anxiety. It's compounded by the fact that we have a 9 month old baby and I've been terrified about her getting it.

Yesterday I was feeling stressed and I felt a bit wheezy and tight chested and felt like it was an effort to breathe. I thought it was maybe my anxiety but then I started panicking that it was because I'd got a blood clot on my lung.

I woke up very early this morning as I heard my baby cough and and I immediately started panicking she was getting ill. I tried to go back to sleep but then felt my heart skip (I get ectopics) so I instinctively put my fingers to my pulse and it felt fast - too fast for someone who has been lying down and I immediately started panicking I've got a blood clot and that's why it's fast. I've no risk factors but have been on a 4 hour plane journey but I wasn't sat still the whole time.

I'm just freaking out a bit and want a bit of support. It's been pretty stressful for me since we arrived with my daughter and husband being sick and I had a little alcohol ast night which I'm not used to and I know I've probably not drank enough water as I've got a headache.

Is this just my anxiety?

Thanks

Hypo84
25-10-19, 06:26
Try enjoying your vacation for a change. You don't have a blood clot in lungs and you will survive the vacation.

BlueIris
25-10-19, 06:55
Absolutely just your anxiety. Take a breath, relax, and have a great holiday!

vicky23
25-10-19, 15:25
Hi,
If you're anxious then your heart rate is going to be fast but I can totally understand where you're coming from I've been through it! I hope the days get better and you manage to have some enjoyment on your hols.
Best wishes

ankietyjoe
26-10-19, 10:42
Definitely anxiety.

If I wake up with anxiety, my heart rate could be anything between 120-150bpm despite being flat on my back and just asleep.

Carys
26-10-19, 21:02
I posted some replies to your other threads, you could also go back and read some of them - ways to cope with the holiday and words of reassurance.

(Maybe this thread could be merged as it is entirely the same issue)

A 4 hours place journey is short - long haul is where the risk lies for DVT and the like and as you said you weren't sat still the whole time anyway. I think given how you were last week about this upcoming holiday it would have amazed me if you'd not been having panic attacks, so accept them for what they are - symptoms of your fear and nothing more.