PDA

View Full Version : jab in stomach with brush handle

chinesewall
25-10-19, 08:42
Sorry people, reassurance seeking as my guess is I'm being ridiculous. Having a very stressful time at the moment. Anyway this morning while waiting for the removal men I managed to jab myself in the upper abdomen under the ribs with a brush handle. The anxious brain immediately screams internal bleeding, death, doom etc etc. Stupid, right? no great force, didn't fall on the brush. Could just do with some common sense from others.....

BlueIris
25-10-19, 08:44
You'll be fine, it's okay. Hope it stops being sore soon!

chinesewall
25-10-19, 09:11
Thanks BlueIris! Wish I wasn't such an idiot......

BlueIris
25-10-19, 09:22
You're not an idiot, you suffer from anxiety. Don't beat yourself up over this?

Sparky16
26-10-19, 04:42
I did the same thing when I was a kid. I was walking along pushing a broom and hit a crack in the sidewalk and hit myself quite hard on the abdomen. I actually had a bruise and abrasion from the end of the broom. Despite all that, I was fine. It just hurt!

Pamplemousse
26-10-19, 13:05
One thing I have noticed is how so many of us with HA think our bodies are made from very thin glass/plastics and the slightest blow will lead to nearly-always fatal injuries. I know, I'm guilty of it too.

Yet quite often my brother-in-law will be patching people up who've had massive drunken beatings and they get up and walk away.

thismightbezach
27-10-19, 04:34
There are boxers and martial artists who take punches and kicks to that area all the time. You are fine.