PDA

View Full Version : Hyoid Bone?

Adam1987
27-10-19, 07:48
Just when I thought things were getting better the clicking sound in my throat persists. It clicks when I swallow. I don't have a persistent cough, sore throat, indigestion and I dont think my glands are swollen. I've had severe anxiety over the last 3 months over issues with my neck after an injury so it makes sense that these issues can affect my throat too. Basically when I swallow my throat clicks usually on the right side of my Adam's apple. I heard it could be a hyoid bone or something? My neck and head on that side feels tight but not sure if this is causing the issue or the issue is causing the tightness. I have been doing a lot of stretches by my physio for my neck and wondering if these exercises have affected it. This is new territory for my health issues. It's usually worse in the morning and when my head is in different positions. And if I hold my Adam's apple it doesn't seem to happen. I've had full blood count and thyroid blood tests done recently which were all normal. I had an x ray of my spine and neck done by a chiropractor a few weeks back and that didn't pick anything bad up. I think I'm probably going to have to go back to the doctors if this persists and may have to have the throat scope but I had an endoscopy 5 years ago which was fine. Has anyone else had this? I think it's different to Globus Sensation because I've had that before and is more related to GERD which I dont really suffer with anymore. Seriously feel like I'm losing the plot now.