PDA

View Full Version : Weird Deep Scary Cough

Graceski
27-10-19, 18:53
I've had this strange cough that I only really seem to get in two circumstances 1) When I have a panic attack 2) When I am exercising.

It sounds very deep and restricting, and sounds like something needs to come up, and also when I do the cough I can feel something in my chest and throat move.

I have been exercising for a long time and having panic attacks for a long time, but this only started about 4 or 5 months ago.

I have had a spirometry because I was worried I could have asthma but it all came back fine. I had a chest X ray and that was fine, and I had a post nasal drip thing prescribed and it hasn't helped.

This cough really scares me and it sounds like no cough I have ever had before. It sounds very very deep and dry and I swear I can feel something moving.

The doctors don't really seem bothered. My lung age is 2 years younger than my actual age.

I'm not sure what it could be but it scares me.

In a weird possible unrelated way I also keep choking on my drinks lately! I don't know why it just happens!!!

Any idea what this cough could be? I'm hoping it's just some form of throat strain from exercise or panic that does something. Not really sure!

ankietyjoe
27-10-19, 20:06
Something that 'just happens' with all tests passed and no concern from any medical professionals needs to be filed as 'something that just happens'.

Looking for an answer to something that has no answer, and isn't even really a question is the recipe for mental disaster.