PDA

View Full Version : Pressure like a clamp around my head with the odd sharp pain

Mindsight
27-10-19, 21:39
So if anyone has seen my previous post yea i had a suspected tia last monday and i am told that they are open and shut cases once its passed everything to do with that episode goes with it. Since then i have this feeling like a clamp aound my head giving pressure to the sides and back and also the odd sharp pain just wondering is this just the anxiety i have left from my episode where my body is now on red alert looking for problems ? Or could my whole eposode be just anxiety after all?

AntsyVee
28-10-19, 05:09
It honestly sounds like a tension migraine to me.

RadioGaGa
28-10-19, 20:00
This is a classic tension headache. In fact you even describe it how it’s described in medical books - that is a clamp around the head.

Good luck

Mindsight
29-10-19, 18:08
Many thanks guys, Got my appointment date for the Tia out patient clinic. Not felt as stressed or anxious the passed 2 days whoop just feel heavy :( like my arms are made of leads and dknt move as quick as i want them 2

RadioGaGa
29-10-19, 18:21
I’m so bad at doing this - I tend to skim read posts on here rather than scan, but sorry to hear you had a suspected TIA. A relative of mine had one about 18 months ago now. He’s been fine ever since.
take whatever medication you’re prescribed *religiously* and invoke whatever lifestyle changes they recommend and all should be ok.

glod luck and let us know how you get on

Mindsight
29-10-19, 20:52
Information upto now has been nil and none to be honest obviously i have stopped the main 2 things that bring on strokes not even had a craving for a drink or a smoke in a week so far and ill never have another smoke beer will be restricted to events and maybe a couple of a weekend and thats that just hope i get the chance to change :)

AntsyVee
29-10-19, 23:59
Have you been told anything by your docs to make you suspect a TIA?

Mindsight
30-10-19, 12:58
Yes i went up the hospital when it happened to me and i was told a suspected tia i have an appointment with the clinic on the 14th

AntsyVee
31-10-19, 01:13
So who mentioned the TIA? You or them?

Mindsight
31-10-19, 21:33
The doctor who diagnosed me with the bloody thing ?

AntsyVee
01-11-19, 00:06
Well, unfortunately then, you've got no choice but to wait for your appointment.

Try to keep your mind off it with some stress relieving activities: yoga, walks, gardening, massages, hobbies you enjoy, journaling, etc.