PDA

View Full Version : Cant cope without no more panic

jude
22-01-05, 10:03
Hi everyone,
Iv spent hours looking around the forum to find out if people have the same symptoms as me. I am finally convinced that Im 'normal'.
The trouble is...if it is a trouble.....that i cant cope without coming here.
When I start to feel wierd I feel an overwhelming urge to come to the forum and then I feel ok again. Its almost as if only here will people know how I feel so its the only place to find sanction.
My hubby says Im coming here too much and its gonna make me worse. I dont agree cos I feel I need the support for a while. Does anyone agree with me or is hubby right do you think?

Opinions Please[Sigh...]

Jude

kate
22-01-05, 10:14
Hi Jude,

Without wanting to cause a domestic (!) my opinion is that, if the forum helps YOU, then you should be free to use it as much as you need.

I have been coming to the site for about 18 months or so and, at the beginning, I found it so good to have found people who truly understood how I felt, that I used it loads. I also went into the chat room every night. The support was fantastic.

I still look at the forum everyday and sometimes go into the chat room. I also chat to Nic and other members on msn.

Unfortunately, people who have never suffered are unable to comprehend how helpful sites such as this are.

If you feel you need it, use it!!

Love Kate xx

seh1980
22-01-05, 10:54
hi Jude,

I agree with Kate - if you feel that you need to visit the forum, then please do so. It could be that your hubby feels a little left out so maybe you could try to involve him in some way too. The forum always makes me feel better too when I'm feeling anxious. It's great being able to feel close to people who are going through the same thing!!

Sarah :D

jill
22-01-05, 13:23
Hi Jude.

I would have to agree with Kate and Sarah,
If you think about it this way, when we are ill we take meds
daily to help us feel better, I think that this site is the same,
we use the site to make us feel better[^]
For me since finding this site I am alot better some days 100%
better. I would say, use the site as much as you can because
with alot of hard work support and time this site may learn you
how to make yourself feel better.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

FAN
22-01-05, 14:31
hi and welcome, i come on here an awful lot too but i think its just reassurance when i feel something is going wrong with me so its good to be able to read the posts and find that its not so unusual after all besides im probably addicted to the funnies page and the word games lol

fan x

nomorepanic
22-01-05, 14:31
Jude

I come on every day anyway to read and reply to posts and I have to say that I have received tremendous support on here too so I come to give and receive help.

Does your partner know that you are getting good support on here? Does he read any of the posts?

I don't think it will make you worse by coming here cos then you feel you are not alone.

I hope you can sort it out with him and still manage to come on to get the support you want and need.

Nicola

Karen
22-01-05, 16:43
Hi Jude

I come on here a lot too and find the support invaluable.

I wouldn't worry about it making you worse. It helps to be among others who understand what you are going through and to know you are not alone.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sarah
22-01-05, 18:22
Hi Jude

I had the same problem as you..my husband thought I was coming on here too much and getting worse.
In actual fact with the help of this site I have gone from being agoraphobic to being pretty much back to 'normal' with a full time job.
Come here as often as you need is my thoughts. If its helping, whats the harm?

love Sarah
xx

vernon
22-01-05, 19:45
Hi jude. I stopped drinking alcohol14 months ago after drinking heavy for close to 40 years, this made my anxiety realy bad for a while. I come into this forum every day. and I go to the chatroom every night it fills in the gap that the pub left and i also find it helps me lots having a chat. Take Care, Vernon

samjane
22-01-05, 20:54
Hi Jude the way i see it its better come here then turn to other things i.e drink or drugs. my husband was the same as yours telling me that i spent to much time looking into the anxiety and not getting on with my life, they only say these things because they have not had anxiety or panic. if this makes you feel better in any way it has to be a good thing.
:D:)

Every Journey Starts With The First Step

Meg
22-01-05, 21:50
Hi ,

It is possible that you can be upset by some of the things that other people are discussing on forums that have never crossed your mind before. Maybe this is what he's noticed. The power of suggestion is strong and some folk have then developed new fears simply by the osmosis of reading about them.

However as you improve these do resolve very quickly.
I think the 24/7 support is incredibly valuable when you're acute and as you get better and get more understanding and confident the reasons you return here shift.

People join us for as long as they need in order to improve and then drift off and sometimes return to tell us how they're doing and others we see during blips and some stick around continually and have formed a strong community.

We're here for whatever you need .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

jude
22-01-05, 22:02
Thanx everyone,
I really do need u all.
jude[:I]

sal
22-01-05, 22:25
Hi Jude

Can see both sides. When i feel really bad this site makes me feel that i am not alone and i know there are so many people on here that at a moments notice would help me. But the other side is until you feel like this you will worry that other peoples problems are dragging you down and making you get extra reason to worry.

It happened to me but in a different capacity. I was on the care team at work and people said i wasnt up to coping with other peoples problems, but i pointed out that helping others made me realise my problems were quite normal, although not nice and made me realise i was not alone.

Try and explain how much this has helped you and it is a support link when you are struggling as people here have been through or are going through similiar things, but also appreciate how he feels, and as he hasnt suffered he will find it hard to understand. He loves you and will worry that this site might influence you in the wrong way, but reassure him that you are benefitting from it. Always distracts my problems and makes me understand how i feel more.

Hope it all works out hon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx