PDA

View Full Version : Bladder cancer at 19?

UserName20
28-10-19, 07:54
Hello. This is so embarrassing. Lately whenever I go to bed it’s like I end up peeing a little during the night. It’s not exactly bed wetting - I have not fully just peed the bed since I was a child. But throughout the night and many nights it’s like I’m half awake because I can usually remember trying to hold my pee so I don’t have to get up and some ends up leaking out. But it’s like I’m half asleep and not thinking clearly, yet I’m awake enough to remember it. It’s not like I pee super frequently throughout the day. I usually always have to pee once during the night. I am starting to get concerned that I have bladder cancer. I read that it is rare for anyone 20 years old to get it. One of the symptoms is blood in urine. Although I have never had visible blood in my urine randomly when I have gone for urine tests the last few times I have had traces of blood in my pee but the doctors never seemed concerned. I had a urinalysis in March and now I feel like i need another as this is a symptom of bladder cancer or I’m worried I need a kidney transplant. My period is also super late this month, I did start a new job and I have a lot of stress so I assume that could be it.

Quinn1
28-10-19, 09:23
Oh please,:doh:chalk it up to Stress.I pee heaps through the night and have peed the bed.lol.

Sparky16
28-10-19, 11:01
Microscopic blood in urine can be totally normal. I have a friend who has this, and she had all the tests and imaging, and everything is normal. They don't know why it happens. It's like a few blood cells get filtered out by the kidneys. Plus, the tests are so sensitive nowadays. They can pick up just one or two blood cells in a sample now.

Having to get up to pee in the middle of the night is totally normal. I think the half asleep thing, where you're trying not to have to get up is normal too. My brain likes to create dreams where I'm looking for bathrooms (they are always really weird bathrooms in the dream) to avoid having to get up. Can you get wake yourself up all the way and make that trip to the bathroom instead?

Fishmanpa
28-10-19, 11:14
My brain likes to create dreams where I'm looking for bathrooms (they are always really weird bathrooms in the dream) to avoid having to get up.

HA! I get these too! Weird bathrooms and all! The worst part is finally going in the dream and STILL having to go, which is typically when I wake up.

Positive thoughts and night time pee breaks ;)

Sparky16
28-10-19, 16:52
Yes, that's the worst part, even after you've used the facilities of the bathroom that's a cross between an MC Escher painting, a Harry Potter movie set, and my high school locker room, you still have to go! Ah, the struggle between the brain and the bladder over priorities during sleep...

Pamplemousse
28-10-19, 16:56
Yes, that's the worst part, even after you've used the facilities of the bathroom that's a cross between an MC Escher painting, a Harry Potter movie set, and my high school locker room, you still have to go! Ah, the struggle between the brain and the bladder over priorities during sleep...

Like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7RoMaS1pzOE

Carys
28-10-19, 19:33
I presume you've had a test done for a urinary infection ?

UserName20
30-10-19, 01:27
I just started a new job and I haven’t had time to make a dr. Appointment. I’m really scared that I have diabetes or some infection in my kidneys and that this is something serious. I also have had cloudy urine a bit lately. I wil admit it is very possible that I’m dehydrated which I read can cause that but I feel like all of this points to something serious. Online it said it could be blood in the urine- I have traces of blood in my urine with almost with every urine test I’ve done. Plus with my period late it’s like something just be going on. I know I’m stressed I’m just scared. I also ran out of my medicine two days ago and have forgotten to run to the pharmacy which can’t be helping.

SarahNah
30-10-19, 01:33
I remember when I was worried about something before and it said peeing overnight was a thing that happened with it- suddenly I was getting up lots during the night to go! It wasn't happening until I read it. The body can be a funny thing x!

UserName20
30-10-19, 02:00
Thank you! I think worrying about it definitely affects us! I know I wake up several times each night now wondering if it’s happened again! I’ve also had a headache on and off since yesterday. Just a lot of weird stuff but the cloudy urine is really what’s terrifying me. My boyfriend keeps getting scared that I must be pregnant ( I am definitely not it’s silly he even thinks such a thing )

UserName20
30-10-19, 14:53
I called my doctor today and talked to one of the nurses about my cloudy urine. She told me as long as I’m not having to go frequently and I’m in no pain or no fever I shouldn’t worry And to just drink more fluids but if I do have symptoms to just stop in for a urinalysis. I’m still terrified but I’m trying to drink a lot of water.

BlueIris
30-10-19, 14:55
Something I tell myself whenever the HA goes nuts: Just because I feel afraid, it doesn't mean there's anything to be afraid of.

jojo2316
30-10-19, 20:05
I actually looked up bladder cancer incidence statistics (just out of interest) and it turns out that no, absolutely nobody does get bladder cancer at 19. Like, totally zero. So I think you’re fine

Sparky16
31-10-19, 02:31
I've noticed I get cloudy urine when I eat things with a lot of wheat in them. If I eat wheat crackers like Tricuits, I can guarantee I'll have cloudy urine later. Could be something you've been eating lately.

Pamplemousse, the bathrooms in my dreams are never dirty, just very weird. Like all the toilets will be normal chairs, and I'll be wondering how on earth we are supposed to use this bathroom? Or there will be dozens of toilets, but no stalls, like it's a college lecture hall with toilets for seating. And everyone else in my dream thinks this lack of privacy is perfectly fine. It's exhausting searching for a normal bathroom all night in your dreams!