PDA

View Full Version : Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

dustybaer
29-10-19, 07:49
I know what you all are saying. It's "that guy" again. Be patient with me. I am really suffering here and this time it is a genuine physical ailment that, combined with my health anxiety, is making me non functional. I have to be honest that I can no longer help my actor clients anymore and I need to take time away to deal with my issues.

I hope this is all not too much information. I have been having persistent gut issues for almost two months. My BM's have been a mess if you know what I mean. There is this constant feeling of needing to have one every time right after I eat. My gut has been making all kinds of noises constantly and I have that constant dull ache and pressure in my abdomen.

This is scarring me to high heaven. I have been to my GP and he did a physical examination and said he did not think I needed a test at this time. But the symptoms don't stop and now I have stopped eating because I am afraid of what happens right after I eat. I am just an utter mess. I have spent too much time researching this. And all I hear is "change in bowel habits" is a big precursor to colon cancer. I am under 50 but not by a lot, so I am in the age range. Can I ask, could the mere fact that I am focused on my gut 24/7 be causing some of these real physical issues? Is that possible? Anyone know more about this kind of cancer and if my situation and symptoms fit into the "concerned" area?

The input from everyone here can be so meaningful when one feels like their life is shutting down. Thank you.

BlueIris
29-10-19, 08:13
I know it's tough, but I think you're safe to trust your GP on this one. Stress can wreak havoc on your guts, and if a professional says you're okay, you're probably okay.

utrocket09
29-10-19, 08:39
I know what you all are saying. It's "that guy" again. Be patient with me. I am really suffering here and this time it is a genuine physical ailment that, combined with my health anxiety, is making me non functional. I have to be honest that I can no longer help my actor clients anymore and I need to take time away to deal with my issues.

I hope this is all not too much information. I have been having persistent gut issues for almost two months. My BM's have been a mess if you know what I mean. There is this constant feeling of needing to have one every time right after I eat. My gut has been making all kinds of noises constantly and I have that constant dull ache and pressure in my abdomen.

This is scarring me to high heaven. I have been to my GP and he did a physical examination and said he did not think I needed a test at this time. But the symptoms don't stop and now I have stopped eating because I am afraid of what happens right after I eat. I am just an utter mess. I have spent too much time researching this. And all I hear is "change in bowel habits" is a big precursor to colon cancer. I am under 50 but not by a lot, so I am in the age range. Can I ask, could the mere fact that I am focused on my gut 24/7 be causing some of these real physical issues? Is that possible? Anyone know more about this kind of cancer and if my situation and symptoms fit into the "concerned" area?

The input from everyone here can be so meaningful when one feels like their life is shutting down. Thank you.

My friends mom has colon cancer. She knew she was sick when she suddenly could not control her bowels and had to be close to a bathroom for weeks. Then in August she was literally ******* her brains out to the point where she passed out. Believe me, if there was something wrong with you, you would have been sent for further testing.

dustybaer
29-10-19, 08:46
I know it's tough, but I think you're safe to trust your GP on this one. Stress can wreak havoc on your guts, and if a professional says you're okay, you're probably okay.

But how many times have we heard the stories of these family Doctors missing something. I get that I don't have the big red flag of blood in the BM's, but it haunts me that changes in bathroom habits can be written off as not concerning without even a test. I mean, are the things I described really considered in the range of "normal"?

BlueIris
29-10-19, 08:58
This is confirmation bias, Dusty. We hear these stories precisely because they are outliers, and thus we assume they're the norm.

utrocket09
29-10-19, 12:04
But how many times have we heard the stories of these family Doctors missing something. I get that I don't have the big red flag of blood in the BM's, but it haunts me that changes in bathroom habits can be written off as not concerning without even a test. I mean, are the things I described really considered in the range of "normal"?

So really you are saying you don't trust your doctor by really saying...yeah but....

dustybaer
29-10-19, 12:51
So really you are saying you don't trust your doctor by really saying...yeah but....

It's not that I don't trust him. I have been with him for almost 20 years. It's just that I have been doing the wrong thing and researching this and, I don't think any of you would disagree, colon cancer is one of the most misdiagnosed conditions. I guess it's called the silent killer.

I am suffering here. My mind may be sinking me as it has in the past. But this time I cannot look past the very real physical issues that are shutting me down. Sorry if that sounds dramatic but that is pretty accurate to where I am right now.

utrocket09
29-10-19, 12:55
It's not that I don't trust him. I have been with him for almost 20 years. It's just that I have been doing the wrong thing and researching this and, I don't think any of you would disagree, colon cancer is one of the most misdiagnosed conditions. I guess it's called the silent killer.

I am suffering here. My mind may be sinking me as it has in the past. But this time I cannot look past the very real physical issues that are shutting me down. Sorry if that sounds dramatic but that is pretty accurate to where I am right now.

If there was actually something wrong.....why are you on an anxiety forum ?

dustybaer
29-10-19, 12:59
If there was actually something wrong.....why are you on an anxiety forum ?

I don't understand the question. I am here for support and information.

BlueIris
29-10-19, 13:05
I think what Utrocket's trying to say is that if you're genuinely convinced there's a problem, you might be better off on a forum for those with bowel complaints. For the most part, we're not experts here and we can't give any sort of useful information.

dustybaer
29-10-19, 13:30
I think what Utrocket's trying to say is that if you're genuinely convinced there's a problem, you might be better off on a forum for those with bowel complaints. For the most part, we're not experts here and we can't give any sort of useful information.

I'm here because in addition to the very real physical symptoms I described, I am equally struggling (and have been for awhile) with health anxiety. Perfect storm.

BlueIris
29-10-19, 13:32
Not to be cruel here, but are you aware that one of the hallmarks of health anxiety is irrationality?

dustybaer
29-10-19, 16:38
Not to be cruel here, but are you aware that one of the hallmarks of health anxiety is irrationality?

I understand that. But I don't think in the case of colon cancer I am being irrational. From the symptoms I posted, wouldn't they give you pause? There has to be others on here that know colon cancer sufferers and what they are going through. Put all that together with the pre-existing health anxiety cocktail and it's a recipe for hell.

utrocket09
29-10-19, 17:34
I understand that. But I don't think in the case of colon cancer I am being irrational. From the symptoms I posted, wouldn't they give you pause? There has to be others on here that know colon cancer sufferers and what they are going through. Put all that together with the pre-existing health anxiety cocktail and it's a recipe for hell.

I know someone with colon cancer, and you are being disrespectful to those with the illness. If there was concern you would have been sent for further testing.

Lana
30-10-19, 18:44
I know someone with colon cancer, and you are being disrespectful to those with the illness. If there was concern you would have been sent for further testing.

This sub-forum on the site is called Health Anxiety. I do not understand why are you so dismissive towards Dustybear? Why are we all here, after all? Why is there Health Anxiety sub-forum? Why are some people allowed to go with hundreds and hundreds of posts in a row, getting replies from left and right, and some other people get no responses at all, or get yelled at?!

utrocket09
30-10-19, 18:57
This sub-forum on the site is called Health Anxiety. I do not understand why are you so dismissive towards Dustybear? Why are we all here, after all? Why is there Health Anxiety sub-forum? Why are some people allowed to go with hundreds and hundreds of posts in a row, getting replies from left and right, and some other people get no responses at all, or get yelled at?!

Its because like many members here whom go and on, there is most likely nothing wrong with dustybear.

jojo2316
30-10-19, 21:26
“Can I ask, could the mere fact that I am focused on my gut 24/7 be causing some of these real physical issues?”

In my experience, the answer to this is most definitely YES!

dustybaer
03-11-19, 22:43
Thank you for kind words. Some of the posts here can be hurtful and dismissive. Health anxiety is a real condition. Everyone here going through it knows the hell it can become. To be told that we are being "disrespectful" to people with real diseases is just simply not true. No one here is trying to diminish the suffering others are going through. We are just trying to reach out to a community for empathy and be heard without judgement.

My gut issues continue and I am very scared. It can really make a difference to talk amongst others who find themselves in a similar place. We all just want to feel better.

LF87
03-11-19, 22:56
Hey. I have such dodgy bowels and always have to be honest, I think it is pretty common with anxiety. Focusing on it will definitely make it feel worse too. It's the nature of the beast with health anxiety. You monitor all the grumbles and sounds of your tummy and how often you're using the toilet etc, it's a vicious cycle. I do it with everything I worry about, making it seem so much more real. Tummy /gut problems are super common with anxious people so don't worry, fellow weird stomach person right here 💁🏼*♀️ I even missed loads of my uni lectures because my stomach was making actual whale mating sounds and I was so mortified. You're fine :) X

LF87
03-11-19, 22:58
And also yes, this is a health anxiety forum? I've noticed so so much digging at people who are clearly freaking out and need support. It's not disrespectul we just get into panic, that's the whole point of us being here I thought.

Sparky16
04-11-19, 02:17
Anxiety will definitely cause gut issues like this - good ol' IBS.

I even missed loads of my uni lectures because my stomach was making actual whale mating sounds and I was so mortified.

LF87, I have been there! :roflmao: Nothing like having your stomach be so loud that people are looking around to see where the noise came from! The best thing to do is to look around with them, and act puzzled like you don't know where the noise came from either. It doesn't help that when I'm hungry my stomach growls SUPER loud. One of my high school friends complained that my growling stomach distracted her during an important standardized test we took right before lunch. We were trying to get good scores to get into college, and my stomach just wanted a pizza.

LF87
04-11-19, 10:05
Hahaha Sparky16, isn't it the worst! I'd be sat there like am I hungry, do I need the toilet, what is going on here 😂 As soon as its quiet my tummy likes to embarrass me. And yes my stomach always wants pizza too 😂

dustybaer
05-11-19, 02:57
Again, I hope this is not too much information but I am going to put it out there what is sending me down the dark tunnel. Basically on a daily basis, instead of the one normal large BM most people have, I have like 3 smaller ones throughout the day. They are like a 5 on the Bristol chart. Kind of loose. It's just strange. This is not a pattern I am used to at all and it has been going on for a few weeks. Can anyone give me a thought on this? Does this daily routine sound at all normal? Thank you for hearing me out. I start shaking every time I read on all these damn websites that "change in bowel habits" is a red flag for colon cancer.

Midnight-mouse
05-11-19, 08:41
Again, I hope this is not too much information but I am going to put it out there what is sending me down the dark tunnel. Basically on a daily basis, instead of the one normal large BM most people have, I have like 3 smaller ones throughout the day. They are like a 5 on the Bristol chart. Kind of loose. It's just strange. This is not a pattern I am used to at all and it has been going on for a few weeks. Can anyone give me a thought on this? Does this daily routine sound at all normal? Thank you for hearing me out. I start shaking every time I read on all these damn websites that "change in bowel habits" is a red flag for colon cancer.

Hey dusty,

What does your diet look like? Are you under any particular stress other than the anxiety at the moment?

I have different cycles with my bowels, sometimes for months at a time I’ll have movements like you’ve described sometimes far more frequently than you’re experiencing, others I’ll not go for days on end. Changes in the bowel are not always a red flag, in fact my mum has had all of the ‘red flags’ consistently for nearly a year now and has been completely cleared of anything serious and she’s in her 60s!

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustybaer
08-11-19, 04:33
Thank you for your thoughts. I can't deny that this is a scary and stressful time. But my bowel behavior is so strange. It's not like it is consistently one or the other. What is happening is that it will be totally normal in the morning and then in the afternoon another will be loose. Do any of you have this kind of pattern where your bowels can go from one extreme to the other in the same day? I don't understand what it means.

LF87
08-11-19, 11:23
Yes, all the time. It doesn't mean anything in my opinion. It can vary depending on what you've eaten, sleep, anxiety, what you've drank or haven't drank, medication, millions of factors before it being anything serious. I don't think what you're describing is a problem really, myself and most of my friends often discuss these things. We'll even select certain places to eat before a night out incase it gives us dodgy bowels 😂 don't want our night ruined. I think you said your doc had said it was nothing of concern too if I remember right? Don't worry, just forget about it.

sial72
08-11-19, 11:26
I don't understand how being afraid of having colon cancer is disrespectful to those who have it. Not fair on the person who is expressing his fears

Fishmanpa
08-11-19, 12:12
I don't understand how being afraid of having colon cancer is disrespectful to those who have it. Not fair on the person who is expressing his fears

It's not the fear itself that's disrespectful, it's the subsequent actions and reactions associated with it. Visiting/posting on cancer forums and other disease forums. Unnecessary emergency room/doctor visits, unnecessary testing, ignoring advice and facts, neglecting themselves and their friends and family by being so self-absorbed in their fear.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
08-11-19, 12:14
Anxiety can definitely turn you into a raging jerk - it did me.

LF87
08-11-19, 12:33
I don't think the OP said he had been on cancer forums and things like that? I think he's just here venting a worry which we're all kind of doing. Mental health issues like HA can come across selfish and needy, I know my partner / family struggle with hearing about it, as well as ocd problems. I personally have never and would never go on any cancer forums posting etc. But, it's unrealistic to expect people with HA not to do this, it is part of the illness. Thankfully this can be kerbed with CBT and reduced over time. Are you seeing anyone for your health anxiety dusty? Nothing worse than being deep in the rabbit hole. It is life consuming

Lana
09-11-19, 01:36
utrocket09 - You REALLY, REALLY should stop explaining in detail what kind of symptoms somebody who actually had cancer, had. That is very unwelcome here, among people who are sick with health anxiety. Plus, if a person gets serious intestinal infection, the symptoms are the same as you mention. So , there...
p
My friends mom has colon cancer. She knew she was sick when she suddenly could not control her bowels and had to be close to a bathroom for weeks. Then in August she was literally ******* her brains out to the point where she passed out. Believe me, if there was something wrong with you, you would have been sent for further testing.

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-19, 02:12

It's not when it's raised here as this is the right place. Otherwise wouldn't that just be mental health stigma that you can't ever voice it :winks:

One of the big hurdles to get over is negative thinking. If you are busy labelling yourself as some evil person for having these thoughts you only pull yourself further into a spiral. Acknowledge mistakes but then accept them as part of the illness and move on.

Mental health professionals know that x illness brings y symptoms, it's no more than that. At the more severe ends you just can't see things objectively.

People with pain from physical conditions get snappy too. Why can't people with mental health conditions? It's more likely the physical one will be accepted and the mental one viewed with suspicion, sadly...(this is not a comment about the OP, it's a general one to demonstrate the lack of parity)

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-19, 02:24

Are you thinking two months must mean something is very wrong? There's a guy on another board who has been having bowel issues for over 12 months and tests show nothing is of concern. There have been many the same with longer periods. Some of my anxiety symptoms just stick and have carried on affecting me for years.

Another guy on here was concerned he had been dizzy daily for a couple of months and like you had researched himself into a diagnosis. He was saying it must be something as surely anxiety symptoms don't go on so long. I can think of another guy on here who has daily dizziness for years and it's just anxiety.

Another guy having daily headaches for weeks researched himself into various cancers. Many of us have had constant headaches lasting months from mental health conditions.

One of the most common effects of anxiety is on the GI. The more severe the anxiety, the more likely you are going to be rushing to the toilets all day for both types of visit. Some may even be vomiting from nausea.

Throughout this thread you have shown that you can see into the anxiety underneath and unlike many repetitive styled posters on here you aren't just going around in a circle of denial. But you do need to put some work into anxiety because your thinking styles are geared towards the negative and your objectivity is being skewed by it. This is all expected in mental health conditions, look up Cognitive Distortions and you will identify areas you are going wrong here that we can see form what you write.

Yes, many forms of cancer sometimes hit some unlucky person. Yes, doctors do miss things. But ask yourself this, as an experienced anxiety sufferer how many times have you seen people saying much the same as you are here yet it was never what they feared?

dustybaer
11-11-19, 05:32
Are you thinking two months must mean something is very wrong? There's a guy on another board who has been having bowel issues for over 12 months and tests show nothing is of concern. There have been many the same with longer periods. Some of my anxiety symptoms just stick and have carried on affecting me for years.

Another guy on here was concerned he had been dizzy daily for a couple of months and like you had researched himself into a diagnosis. He was saying it must be something as surely anxiety symptoms don't go on so long. I can think of another guy on here who has daily dizziness for years and it's just anxiety.

Another guy having daily headaches for weeks researched himself into various cancers. Many of us have had constant headaches lasting months from mental health conditions.

One of the most common effects of anxiety is on the GI. The more severe the anxiety, the more likely you are going to be rushing to the toilets all day for both types of visit. Some may even be vomiting from nausea.

Throughout this thread you have shown that you can see into the anxiety underneath and unlike many repetitive styled posters on here you aren't just going around in a circle of denial. But you do need to put some work into anxiety because your thinking styles are geared towards the negative and your objectivity is being skewed by it. This is all expected in mental health conditions, look up Cognitive Distortions and you will identify areas you are going wrong here that we can see form what you write.

Yes, many forms of cancer sometimes hit some unlucky person. Yes, doctors do miss things. But ask yourself this, as an experienced anxiety sufferer how many times have you seen people saying much the same as you are here yet it was never what they feared?

Such great thoughts. Thank you. I know we health anxiety suffers sometimes get beat up on here when it looks like we are asking for reassurance. But in my view, when you reach that absolute low point with HA, it can be massively important to get support from others. Especially others who know exactly what this disease can do. And if that support involves some reassurance, there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

In my case, I am just a wreck because every time I think I have licked this, I'll have another day of bad bowel issues, like today.

Is there anyone out there who can give me some perspective: In general, are symptoms that come and go less likely to be sinister? In the case of colon cancer, would it be less likely to be occuring in a person who has normal bowels for three days and then loose ones for a day? Am I reaching here? I'm hurting guys.

dustybaer
28-11-19, 22:15
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to check in as I am still struggling with this. My issues are at the point where within 30 minutes of whenever I eat, I have tummy trouble. Is there anyone out there experiencing similar gut issues? Just would be nice to hear from someone who can relate to having ongoing tummy trouble and the chances it is related to something much more serious.

LF87
28-11-19, 22:58
Yes, I regularly have a dodgy tummy after I eat. I think people with anxiety often have a bit of bother, especially if you're anticipating having a bad stomach, you may well bring it on with worrying. I think you're fine, try not to focus on it so much x

dustybaer
28-11-19, 23:04
Yes, I regularly have a dodgy tummy after I eat. I think people with anxiety often have a bit of bother, especially if you're anticipating having a bad stomach, you may well bring it on with worrying. I think you're fine, try not to focus on it so much x

I often wonder about this. Can you mind really do that to your stomach? Can a person going through a bad anxiety period actually cause adverse physical tummy symptoms? Has anyone actually had this happen, where over thinking that you might be about to have loose tummy trouble actually causes it to happen?

Lady123
28-11-19, 23:26
It’s happened to me dusty. I ended up having a colonoscopy and the build up to that was awful, my bowel movements were all over the place. I was getting cramps. I honestly think my nerves were making it worse.

LF87
29-11-19, 01:00
Definitely does! I mean not to be crude but the saying 'I absolutely sh*t myself' in relation to panic or a scare etc is very real! If I have a nervy day my bowels are all over. Or sometimes if I've had a bad day with anxiety the day previous it can hit me the next day. Read up on irritable bowels and anxiety. Completely is linked X

dustybaer
29-11-19, 01:13
Definitely does! I mean not to be crude but the saying 'I absolutely sh*t myself' in relation to panic or a scare etc is very real! If I have a nervy day my bowels are all over. Or sometimes if I've had a bad day with anxiety the day previous it can hit me the next day. Read up on irritable bowels and anxiety. Completely is linked X

It certainly would explain some things. I have had a tough year with health anxiety. But these last two months have been brutal with the constant worry about gut issues. I have had my Doctor tell me that he does not feel it is something sinister. Yet my very real symptoms continue on a daily basis (mostly triggered every time I eat). It has caused me to close myself off from the world. I even missed Thanksgiving today for the first time due to feeling so low.

I can't get over this notion that something very bad is going on inside me. And every time I pull up yet another website that has colon cancer symptoms, my heart just sinks when it says yet again that "change in bowel habits" is an important one. I don't know what's real and what's not anymore. I am lost and hurting.

LF87
29-11-19, 05:49
But we know googling is the devil. It will always, always bring up your worst nightmare. I am in a panic now and I am refusing to Google, because I know it'll put me into even more of a frenzy. And not only that, whatever I read will be etched into my head. An ENT doctor (when I was obsessed with oral C), told me only to Google when you need a new car or furniture. He said it is ridiculous to override a doctors opinion with my googling 'expertise'. Your doc said you're fine. Please take some peace in that. So sorry to hear you missed Thanksgiving. Health anxiety is a b*stard. Could you be allergic to something? There's so many things it could be before something so sinister. You might have an intolerance that's developed, gluten, dairy? So so many things can irritate your guts. Ibs, food intolerance, stress, lack sleep, or overindulgence even in certain foods. You do not have anything seriously wrong X

CleverLittleViper
30-11-19, 00:34
Such great thoughts. Thank you. I know we health anxiety suffers sometimes get beat up on here when it looks like we are asking for reassurance. But in my view, when you reach that absolute low point with HA, it can be massively important to get support from others. Especially others who know exactly what this disease can do. And if that support involves some reassurance, there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

In my case, I am just a wreck because every time I think I have licked this, I'll have another day of bad bowel issues, like today.

Is there anyone out there who can give me some perspective: In general, are symptoms that come and go less likely to be sinister? In the case of colon cancer, would it be less likely to be occuring in a person who has normal bowels for three days and then loose ones for a day? Am I reaching here? I'm hurting guys.

The trouble is, you've had reassurance from your doctor and you're still worrying about this. If a trained medical professional who, by the sounds of it, has been practising for years cannot provide you with the reassurance that there's nothing sinister going on-what makes you think anyone on this forum can?

There's lots of things that can cause a change in bowel habits. Bad diet, reaction to food/environment, IBS, tummy bug, stress and anxiety, the list goes on and on. I know if I'm focusing on something, I will make myself feel ten times worse. Yes, our minds are that powerful. I've currently got some issues like you describe and the HA side of me is screaming BC, but I know how unlikely that is at my age for one, and just in general. It's far more likely to be something temporary and benign. I've also noticed that the more I think about it, the worse I feel and when I'm distracted, I barely notice it.

What's your diet like? I'm asking because I know when I eat a ton of junk (shamefully that's all the time) I have issues. When I eat better, everything clears up but I can never keep that up for long.

Sometimes, our bodies just do things with no explanation or cause. Aside from your BM, how do you feel in yourself? It's very possible that your anxiety is the cause of the trouble. It might have started out that your trouble was a minor tummy bug, but because you've focused on it so much, and worked yourself up over it, the stress you're releasing to your body is making you ill. We all like to think anxiety only exists in the brain-it doesn't. It spreads. Our bodies tense up, sometimes without us even noticing it, causing cramps, tension headaches, aches and pains, etc. Hormones are released that wreak havoc with our bodies. Our heart rate climbs up, which in turn, brings about it's own symptoms-dizziness, tingling, etc. Our breathing gets messed up.

So it's no wonder, with all of that going on, that we sometimes, at the very least, end up with some GI issues.

dustybaer
01-12-19, 18:58
The trouble is, you've had reassurance from your doctor and you're still worrying about this. If a trained medical professional who, by the sounds of it, has been practising for years cannot provide you with the reassurance that there's nothing sinister going on-what makes you think anyone on this forum can?

There's lots of things that can cause a change in bowel habits. Bad diet, reaction to food/environment, IBS, tummy bug, stress and anxiety, the list goes on and on. I know if I'm focusing on something, I will make myself feel ten times worse. Yes, our minds are that powerful. I've currently got some issues like you describe and the HA side of me is screaming BC, but I know how unlikely that is at my age for one, and just in general. It's far more likely to be something temporary and benign. I've also noticed that the more I think about it, the worse I feel and when I'm distracted, I barely notice it.

What's your diet like? I'm asking because I know when I eat a ton of junk (shamefully that's all the time) I have issues. When I eat better, everything clears up but I can never keep that up for long.

Sometimes, our bodies just do things with no explanation or cause. Aside from your BM, how do you feel in yourself? It's very possible that your anxiety is the cause of the trouble. It might have started out that your trouble was a minor tummy bug, but because you've focused on it so much, and worked yourself up over it, the stress you're releasing to your body is making you ill. We all like to think anxiety only exists in the brain-it doesn't. It spreads. Our bodies tense up, sometimes without us even noticing it, causing cramps, tension headaches, aches and pains, etc. Hormones are released that wreak havoc with our bodies. Our heart rate climbs up, which in turn, brings about it's own symptoms-dizziness, tingling, etc. Our breathing gets messed up.

So it's no wonder, with all of that going on, that we sometimes, at the very least, end up with some GI issues.

Thank you for your thoughts. I have gone backwards and forwards many times in my head with the things you mention. Yes I have HA and have been suffering from it for a bit. But the physical symptoms I am currently enduring with my BM's are very real. And my stress levels are the same as they have been for two years. Yet I am experiencing these physical issues that I have never had before. That would lead one to believe they are not being caused by the anxiety I have had for some time.

That is what is pushing me into such a dark place. That these new physical issues cannot be connected to the anxiety I have always had. And that realization takes me to the worst place. Things had been stable for the past three days or so, so I had hope. But today they were not good again.

Fishmanpa
01-12-19, 19:31
No one is debating your physical symptoms. It's the cause that is being challenged. When you put a heavy weight on a flimsy shelf, the shelf starts to get weaker, sag and eventually break. That's what your anxiety is doing to you. Reinforce the shelf! Get help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Scaredtoo
01-12-19, 20:04

This I agree with. There are the populars on this forum but their are others like Dusty who get chastised for needing emotional support. Why is their even a HA forum if you’re unwilling to be compassionate and kind. We all know nobody is a doctor on here. That doesn’t mean we don’t seek support. One kind word can spark a thousand lights. One unkind word could be the last someone hears. Seriously don’t understand some members and their attitudes on here at all.

Dusty I’ve had gut issues a long time. Every single one that you described. It turns out I had hpylori. That is cureable. Stress and anxiety are horrible
For your digestive system. They don’t like to just send you for colonoscopies. It’s a serious medical procedure. I do believe it you get some help your anxiety can ease and your gut issues could improve. I am so sorry you’re feeling this way. We’ve all been where you are. I’m having a bit of a setback myself so it does happen.

BlueIris
01-12-19, 20:17
Scaredtoo, I appreciate your kind spirit, but I think you'll find the popular people on the forums here are the ones who take the time to give of themselves and share their tips and experience with the wider community.

It's hard having your words constantly ignored and coming back time after time to suggest proven techniques, and I have nothing but respect for the people here who do this.

What I will say, though, is that I'll never hold myself responsible for the unwise decisions of an internet stranger, and it makes me absolutely furious when this gets held over people as a way of guilt-tripping them into not speaking difficult truths.

Dusty, sorry for the threadjack here; I hope you can find a strategy that works for you and feel better soon.

Quinn1
02-12-19, 09:15
I am not one of the Popular People on here and I won’t pussyfoot around.
Dusty you clearly are in a bad place-re your gut and BM issues
Be kind on yourself and seek out a good Health Psychologist.

Scaredtoo
02-12-19, 12:16
Scaredtoo, I appreciate your kind spirit, but I think you'll find the popular people on the forums here are the ones who take the time to give of themselves and share their tips and experience with the wider community.

It's hard having your words constantly ignored and coming back time after time to suggest proven techniques, and I have nothing but respect for the people here who do this.

What I will say, though, is that I'll never hold myself responsible for the unwise decisions of an internet stranger, and it makes me absolutely furious when this gets held over people as a way of guilt-tripping them into not speaking difficult truths.

Dusty, sorry for the threadjack here; I hope you can find a strategy that works for you and feel better soon.

Furious? How can you be furious at anyone and I don’t mean this disrespectfully, on this forum
When they are suffering so terribly emotionally and mentally regardless of why. The whole concept of HA is filled with the inability to be rational and finding it hard to accept truth. I also appreciate help and information from the populars on here. It’s very difficult though when one posts and gets zero responses. Not angry about it at all I’ve just noticed it. Not mad. Not trying to be rude. I’m very appreciative of any help I receive on here.

BlueIris
02-12-19, 12:23
Furious? How can you be furious at anyone and I don’t mean this disrespectfully, on this forum
When they are suffering so terribly emotionally and mentally regardless of why. The whole concept of HA is filled with the inability to be rational and finding it hard to accept truth. I also appreciate help and information from the populars on here. It’s very difficult though when one posts and gets zero responses. Not angry about it at all I’ve just noticed it. Not mad. Not trying to be rude. I’m very appreciative of any help I receive on here.

Let me quote your earlier post: One unkind word could be the last someone hears.
I apologise if you're not implying that some of the more forthright users here (arguably myself included) could be responsible for the suicide of somebody they've never met. That's actually a pretty vile thing to say in and of itself when the vast, vast majority of people here are dealing with their own mental health issues.

As for the zero response issue, I can't speak for everyone; sometimes I don't reply because I don't feel qualified to do so on a particular topic, or because others are better qualified to do so. Sometimes I don't reply because I'm tired and I need all my emotional energy for myself.

Anger isn't an unhealthy or unhelpful emotion any more than any other, and sometimes it can light the touchpaper that facilitates change. Apologies for the purple prose but I have a banging headache and I'm not the greatest self-editor right now.

KK77
02-12-19, 12:35
. One unkind word could be the last someone hears.

I read this as the OP not returning or posting on the forum again, rather than them attempting suicide - although I could be wrong.

Unkind attitudes abound on the net and I like to think that despite our frequent "tough love"/"reality check" approach, we're still far more empathetic and "kind" than many other social media platforms or forums.

I'm not sure who the "populars" are though, and I wouldn't want to join their clique either :lac:

Scaredtoo
03-12-19, 03:16
Let me quote your earlier post: One unkind word could be the last someone hears.
I apologise if you're not implying that some of the more forthright users here (arguably myself included) could be responsible for the suicide of somebody they've never met. That's actually a pretty vile thing to say in and of itself when the vast, vast majority of people here are dealing with their own mental health issues.

As for the zero response issue, I can't speak for everyone; sometimes I don't reply because I don't feel qualified to do so on a particular topic, or because others are better qualified to do so. Sometimes I don't reply because I'm tired and I need all my emotional energy for myself.

Anger isn't an unhealthy or unhelpful emotion any more than any other, and sometimes it can light the touchpaper that facilitates change. Apologies for the purple prose but I have a banging headache and I'm not the greatest self-editor right now.

Seriously. I never mentioned suicide. That’s a pretty vile thing to imply. No kidding we are all
Dealing with our own mental
Health issues. Myself included. I am sure your heart is in the right place blue iris, just as mine is. Have a good evening. Was just trying to shed some light on another perspective one might feel on this forum

julieta79
09-12-19, 04:28
Hello. I am in the same boat. Its been over 3 weeks, more like 4, of super crazy sounds and running to the bathroom on and off. I feel sick. I have mild fever. I don't have infection as they tested stool/blood . I don't have blood in my stools.
My pain is in upper gut. I got endoscopy just the other day, with the mildest gastritis and that does not explain the motility issue.
In the last 8 months, I had a CT and MRI of abdomen (unrelated, due to benign liver cyst). I know these scans showed nothing in my bowels.
I am trying to rationalize this. I know my chance of colon cancer is not high. I also read of missed cases, sudden change in bowel habits, and I am so scared to eat anything because I dont know whether I will get the urge and sink into the worry hole.

I have been to few gastros, all of them with many years of experience. Last one said I probably have post infectious IBS and that will take months to improve.
I also had similar "episode" just last year and what if I could catch "it" but I keep waiting? But then do I want a colonoscopy when I already had CT, MRI and endoscopy?
I am sure if they rule out colon, then I will worry of carcinoid tumor (also causes diarrhea).
So...its devastating. At one end, yes, we have HA and we have worried like this for so many other cancers before. But our bodies also get disease and one day something will get wrong, and I just don't know how to accept life and just know what is real and what is not.