PDA

View Full Version : CBT or other therapy?

LS52
29-10-19, 14:54
Hi all,

Wondering what peoples experiences of CBT were for long lasting help with anxiety and health anxiety? Or any other types of therapy you have tried?

Thanks!

venusbluejeans
29-10-19, 15:08
Hiya LS52 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

keta
29-10-19, 18:20
Hi
i ve done Face to face CBT about 13 years ago with psychiatric nurse which at that time was really good , she explained to me the whole process and connection between your body , your thoughts , how anxiety triggers physical symptoms etc. And i managed to put some of it into practise for a while , but later on ended up on Citalopram anyway on & off for few years . Currently I m meds free for past 2 years but have massive anxiety relapse so doing online CBT recommended by GP as you can refer yourself through italk .
But this time round I m Not finding it that great tho to be honest , it’s more aimed at depression I think.
I would encourage anyone to try CBT because we all different and it may work for you just fine.

ClinPsy
25-12-19, 20:16
Hi

CBT is the gold standard for anxiety and depression I would encourage face to face sessions. But it rely more on your efforts and willigness to do CBT exercices. ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy) works as well.