PDA

View Full Version : reassurance please

mirry
25-09-07, 15:42
took my first sertraline pill , got prickly feelings in my hands and feet....
am i ok ?

SammiB
25-09-07, 15:47
you know you are fine mirry!!! tell yourself your fine. its just your anxious about taking the pill and are constant alert of new feelings and you got one. i've got this feeling right now and i'm just anxious.

hope you feel better

remember you are ok

you are ok

xxxxx

mirry
25-09-07, 15:56
sammie , bless you you made me smile :) , you know me better than i know myself :blush: .

I just had to hear it from someone, feel better already :flowers:

honeybee3939
25-09-07, 20:19
Mirry:hugs: :hugs:

WELL DONE for taking your first tablet hun, i know how hard it is for you taking meds. The first one is always the worst anticipation wise, stick with them.

Love and hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

nomorepanic
25-09-07, 21:07
Mirry

Remember that you had a similar thing with the other meds remember.

If you can't stand the side effects then my advice is steer clear of them all together.

You will probably feel worse before better I am afraid so you have to decide whether to stick at them or not.

mirry
26-09-07, 07:24
yes I remember with the citlopram I had this :mad: , when I tried the fluxotine i had bad headaches and felt very sick. The gp told me this one has the least side effects although i may get some.
Its so difficult ruling out what feelings are the meds and what are just me ?

Last night in bed I felt panicky , so I put on my midfulness cd which usually really calms me but instead I kept having waves of panic. Woke up this morning and feel like Ive got a buzz of electric going thru my body (nerves).
But I am going to try and stick with it this time , I feel I have to try very hard because I keep having dreams that my husband has had enough of me, even tho hes a good husband :shrug: .

Has anyone tried these pills before ? Did you feel like this ?

joy
26-09-07, 07:57
A friend of mine tried all sorts of meds without success but sertraline worked!!!!!! BUT it took time.

If you can,stick with it

Love Joy

jo61
26-09-07, 08:10
Hi Mirry, most drugs have side effects, particularly in the early weeks. Most of them pass though so I'd stick with it. If you're really worried, go back to your GP

:hugs:

mirry
26-09-07, 09:27
yes I am going to try sticking with them, its like I get waves of feeling bad then feel a bit brighter then bad again.

thank you everyone xxx

Piglet
26-09-07, 09:46
You're doing well hun - lol we are all very similiar about trying new things are we not, you should see me if I change my hair dye to another brand, oh the drama about allergic reations etc.

Love Piglet :flowers:

SammiB
26-09-07, 12:21
Hehe i had that not so long ago piglet.

think its wonderful you are going to stick with it, we are all here if you want a good ol chuckle. hehe i just had an apple and now have a headache i was convinced an allergic reaction - - to an apple lol What!!!!!!??? hhehe i'm alright now.

hope your doing well mirry

loves u

xxx

mirry
26-09-07, 12:27
lol , Piglet, hair dye ! My we are so alike :ohmy: , I purchase mine online from a herbal store cos im so scared ,lol.

what a day this has been again , ive cried for a good hour and ended up on the phone to the phobics society and couldnt even talk cos of the tears , and now im feeling abit brighter. One frightening symptom I did have this morning was when I played back in my mind the conversation with my gp....he asked me that if he gave me the pills that I wouldnt try to commit suicide :ohmy: , I replied no of course BUT I found myself worring about it today which is daft i know , It was like a fear of it :lac: .
So now I am scared to continue the pills, I think Nic is right , some people just cant tollerate these pills and I think I am one of them:weep: .

Alabasterlyn
26-09-07, 12:56
took my first sertraline pill , got prickly feelings in my hands and feet....
am i ok ?

I really hope these meds work for you mirry. It can often take such a lot of trail and error to get the right med. When you say you are getting a prickly feeling is it like pins and needles? I know when we get anxious that pins and needles in the hands and feet are quite common. I do hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:

You're doing well hun - lol we are all very similiar about trying new things are we not, you should see me if I change my hair dye to another brand, oh the drama about allergic reations etc.

Love Piglet :flowers:

I am the same with hair dye too Piglet. I bought some Wella colour from eBay and as soon as I put it on I started to worry that maybe it was fake or something and before I knew it I was starting to panic. I was the same when I tried to put highlights in my hair, spent like an hour pulling bits of hair out through one of those stupid caps, put the bleach on, panicked and had to wash it off before it had taken properly :ohmy:

Piglet
26-09-07, 13:09
Lol at us lot and the hair dye - there I stand stinking to high heaven of ammonia, dressed in my old decorating sweatshirt that has lots of paint and hair dye on it, with all my startlingly looking red hair (its meant to go blonde) up in a big bulldog clip, crashing round the bathroom gasping for air, thinking my head is itchy that must mean something hideous is gonna happen and did I put clean underwear on incase I have to call an ambulance!!!

I rush downstairs to take a Panadol then realise its a different make to my normal Panadol so this must mean another reaction to deal with - so I then wonder which part of me is gonna react first and just cry instead!!!

I then try and explain to the kids what the matter is - do you remember Chanelle in Big Bro crying over the hair straightners, well it's similiar to that only more woeful and I look dog ugly!!!!!!

Piglet :flowers:

belle
26-09-07, 19:53
Mirry...

I think you are doing really well trying these meds, simply because you ARE giving it a go. If you choose to stop because you can't stand the feelings, then thats okay too. At least you have tried :)

Piglet...

Your comment really made me laugh.

I've only used permanent hair dye once and it was exactly how you described. I had the itchy scalp wondering if it was an allergic reaction (although i'd done the 48hr test)....couldn't frigging breath, gasping out of the bathroom window! I paced my mothers house for 20 minutes, looking frequently in the mirror to see whether my eyes/ears/nose/tongue were swelling.

Ugh! That was in May...i have lovely dark brown roots now and i am in need of doing it again, but the stress of it all. I think i'd rather suffer the dark roots and straggling greys. VERY attractive :)

x

mirry
27-09-07, 07:55
I actually did have a bad reaction to hair dye once, I did it at tea time , then went to bed and awoke in the night with my head on fire (so it felt).
I was screaming and rushed to the cold tap to pour over my head, it was terrible. Then I had big blisters come up all over and then for 4 weeks ugly big scabs all over my head.

that was with loreal , so I stay clear now ,lol.