PDA

View Full Version : Cut feet after new shoes

phil06
29-10-19, 20:15
Anybody had this issue? My left one was fine but my right one was a pool of blood totally red sock is this common? I have had small cuts before but never has it seeped through the shoe? I mean I did a lot of walking on holiday?

Midnight-mouse
29-10-19, 20:20
Your shoes rubbed you, it’s very common. Pop a plaster over the worst spots when you wear them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venusbluejeans
29-10-19, 20:43
of course lots of people have the issue.... new shoes rub until you bed them in. It is normal.

Maybe you should use your holiday as a chance to get away from everything including NMP for a while.... A break in posting would maybe help your OCD urge to post about everything on here.

Hope you have a good holiday.

nomorepanic
29-10-19, 21:42
Come on Phil this is hardly breaking news - new shoes rub and then foot bleeds.

Get off here and enjoy your holiday - not sure why you feel the need to keep "checking in" on NMP.

phil06
25-02-20, 13:57
I had this issue again only it’s old shoes cut feet and foot cramping making it difficult to walk. Seems to happen every holiday now what’s the solution?

BlueIris
25-02-20, 14:07
Get yourself a really comfortable pair of shoes. I find Skechers are great, or Josef Seibel if you want to go a bit more pricy. Both of these are good for wandering all day, every day. If you're doing heavy-duty hiking, buy a proper pair of walking boots - they'll take some breaking in but then they'll fit beautifully.

ankietyjoe
25-02-20, 15:48
I had this issue again only it’s old shoes cut feet and foot cramping making it difficult to walk. Seems to happen every holiday now what’s the solution?

Stay at home, never walk again. Obviously.

NoraB
30-06-21, 08:37
I see that this is an old thread (don't usually ha)

Anyway...

I once walked round London in a brand new pair of 6" sling backs. I had blisters the size of dinner plates...:ohmy:

What can I say? I was 15. :shrug:

BlueIris
30-06-21, 13:07
Sadly, I can top this, maybe. On a burning hot day in central London, my sandals rubbed me too badly so I gave up and walked barefoot. The soles of my feet were burned and blistered, and I was walking so stiffly I threw my back out for a month.

I want to say I was about 20 at the time? Clearly a slow learner.

pulisa
30-06-21, 13:40
Sadly, I can top this, maybe. On a burning hot day in central London, my sandals rubbed me too badly so I gave up and walked barefoot. The soles of my feet were burned and blistered, and I was walking so stiffly I threw my back out for a month.

I want to say I was about 20 at the time? Clearly a slow learner.
...But sadly a fast burner! Sounds incredibly painful but I can understand the need to ditch the sandals! That "wearing in" process can be bloody!

NoraB
04-07-21, 09:48
Sadly, I can top this, maybe. On a burning hot day in central London, my sandals rubbed me too badly so I gave up and walked barefoot.

It wasn't all bad. I came back with a Martha and the Muffins LP, Cocteau Twins 12", U2's The Unforgettable Fire, and a new boyfriend. :yesyes:

....who turned out to be a grade A @rsehole! :lac:

BlueIris
04-07-21, 09:54
Boyfriends tend to be when you're that age, I think. Hope he was fun for at least a while.

Lolalee1
04-07-21, 12:16
My new toy ended up being an A@rsehole.:scared15:

NoraB
06-07-21, 08:52
Boyfriends tend to be when you're that age, I think. Hope he was fun for at least a while.

It was all good up until the day I saw him walking down the street (hand in hand) with 'a friend' of his. The two-timing oaf was about as discreet as a pylon!