PDA

View Full Version : Weird collection of symptoms

Steviewoodman
02-11-19, 11:45
I'd be really grateful to get people's feedback about these symptoms. I experience all of them daily at various times. They aren't constant but they come and go.

Symptoms:
- Dull throbbing in left collar bone and just below left armpit
- Throbbing randomly down left arm. Not shooting pains, it's localised when it throbs but that area changes randomly. Sometimes there's a throbbing feeling in ribs and arm at the same time.
- Pins and needles prickly feeling in fingers and palm of left hand
- Dizziness when standing up, cold feeling in mouth, chest and left arm, like cold water was washing through it.
- General heaviness in body, especially upper chest, collar bone area. Feeling sluggish, not flexible. Everything feels an effort.
- Tired all the time. Could sleep literally at any time of the day.
- Yawning all the time, big yawns multiple times in a row. Yawning even when at work and in meetings etc. Any time of the day.
- Having to manually catch up on breathing with a big breath to "correct it".
- More tired headaches than normal
- Poor posture may be contributing
- Worsening IBS symptoms
- Slight heavy numb feeling in left jaw and cheek, like it's unbalanced but no outwardly signs.
- General malaise and disinterest in doing anything.
- Reduced fitness level
- Awareness of delayed then thumping heart beats in my neck. Can make my throat feel weird on the bigger thumps.
- Awareness of increased heart rate at random times, makes my body feel like its rushing even though I'm lying still on the sofa
- Increased intensity of symptoms when I'm stressed or rushing around at work. It feels like I'm forgetting to breathe and my body has those aches you get when you've been holding your breath for a while. Like a straining throbbing ache.
- Low mood
- Low sex drive
- Mind fog. Feels like I struggle to focus sometimes and I'm too focused on myself internally that I go into a little bubble and it's hard for me to engage socially.

On the positive side:
- Appetite is strong
- I'm sleeping well
- I'm able to go to work and perform my job well.
- No one has noticed any symptoms in me, except my partner who notices the low mood and disinterest in doing anything
- In my own opinion, nowhere near depressed or suicidal in any way
- The uncomfortable symptoms have never progressed to pain, and I've never needed to take pain medication
- There can be long periods of weeks at a time with no symptoms.

Do people recognise these symptoms as their experience of anxiety?

nomorepanic
02-11-19, 12:33
Have a read of this:
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

Steviewoodman
02-11-19, 13:39
It seems that hyperventilation might be the cause of a few of my problems.

The page you linked to suggests that you can hyperventilate without even knowing it. If that's the case, how do I stop it?

nomorepanic
02-11-19, 13:57
By controlling the underlying anxiety.

RadioGaGa
02-11-19, 22:58
I don't think I've ever seen a post on here from someone with so many symptoms listed! Really, your post makes me think you're hyper focusing on normal everyday "body noises". All your symptoms of being tired just sound like me and everyone I work with. They always complain of fatigue etc, and I'm the same. I think it's just the effect being an adult and working life has on one - it's not specific to people with anxiety.

Re: Low sex drive - are you on any medication? Although low sex drive is entirely normal when one is feeling tired/stressed/anxious, it could be made worse by certain medications.

But yeah, I agree with Nicola - I think this is entirely your anxiety.