PDA

View Full Version : Acanthamoeba fear

HelloPanda23
04-11-19, 04:52
To anyone who fears parasites, stay away from this thread. I’m making this thread because of a recent fear that came up. So yesterday, I was running and out of nowhere, something got in my eye. Whatever it was, it burned my eye a lot and I could barely blink. I immediately went to the restroom and washed it up. After, it calmed down and got better. Nothing was stuck in my eye and my eye was fine for the rest of the day and still is fine right now. The issue is, I don’t know what it was, and so I fear that it may have been water/saliva. The saliva part of it makes me fear possible exposure to rabies, and the water part makes me fear that i may get an infenction from Acanthamoeba. Thing with Acanthamoeba is that it usually infects people with contact lenses, and that 85% cases are because people got water in their eye with contact lenses still on. The reason I’m afraid is because there’s a slight chance I might get it and because I have HA. This fear isn’t as debilitating, but it honestly is annoying and so if anyone is educated about this amoeba, please give me even more reasons as to why I don’t have it. Oh, and in terms of rabies, I honestly don’t think a rabid bat was just flying in the sky and dropping saliva on people. I do think that it could’ve been water from the tree I was under, and that’s why I feel like a rabid animal could’ve had saliva on the tree, and the wind mat have blew into my eye, but I honestly don’t know. It’s just irrational fear and I know it. Tbh, this fear doesn’t even bother me at all, but whatever. Thanks to anyone that read this post, lol, and once again, if anyone has any info on why I can’t have been infected with anthamoeba, please lmk.

Careful1
04-11-19, 14:58
Rabbies doesn't live very long outside of it's host especially if the virus is exposed to sunlight.