PDA

View Full Version : Question about antibiotic side effects

Anxiousamyj
05-11-19, 19:08
Hi guys, my HA has been doing well, flying under the radar for the most part due to treatment. I started doxycycline a couple weeks ago due to moderate acne I’ve had for years and haven’t had success with treatment with other things. The first week I took it, it was fine. But since around last Friday, I’ve had dizziness, feeling woozy, and a terrible headache. My resting heart rate has also increased. I’m wondering if this is due to the doxycycline. It’s a pretty big dose, at 200mg per day. It’s clearing up my face really nicely though. Has anyone ever taken this and had these kinds of effects. Thanks!

nomorepanic
05-11-19, 19:27
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

panic_down_under
05-11-19, 22:21
since around last Friday, I’ve had dizziness, feeling woozy, and a terrible headache.

Headache, particularly sinus headache, is a fairly common side-effect, dizziness less so, but can occur. The common otc painkillers should help with the headache, the dizziness is a little more difficult. I suggest you get your doctor's advice on that.