PDA

View Full Version : Weird tingly tension in torso, scared of Parkinsons

Mango2
06-11-19, 13:33
Hey everyone!

I'm having these weird symptoms lately and I'm wondering if anyone has had something similar?
For a year or so I've had internal shakes/vibrations everytime I wake up in the morning or after a nap that last for 5-10 seconds. Was sure (and maybe still am) that it's early symptoms of Parkinson's.
Now since saturday I feel this weird tension in my torso (chest and back) that can be described as when you have butterflies in the stomach but instead is in the torso region. Sometimes it feels a bit like a cold shiver too..
It comes and goes and is probably anxiety related as it always comes on after I have a cup of coffee or other caffeine related drink.

Gone through a lot of stress this year and am dealing with anxiety since a good many years back.

I haven't got any shaking of the limbs or hand digits but still fear that what I'm feeling are early Parkinsons or other symptoms of some neurological disease.

Oh yeah, I've become hypersensitive to sounds too. Not all the time, just during the "attacks" of the symptoms above..

BlueIris
06-11-19, 13:37
Sounds to me as though you could do with cutting back on the caffeine.

Mango2
06-11-19, 13:40
hehe, yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Caffeine isn't beneficial during anxiety periods. :-)

BlueIris
06-11-19, 13:42
Exactly. It used to give me scary migraine auras. Seriously, try leaving it out for a while before you start thinking about the worrying stuff.

Mango2
06-11-19, 13:55
Thank you!
Good advice, I'm going to start to taper it out.