PDA

View Full Version : Spinal cord injury?

ballerina
06-11-19, 15:07
A week ago I slipped backwards and hit the ground hard on my bum/lower back.
I've had pain and some loss of sensation around where I hit it. I also have pins and needles in my hands and feet sometimes. I also had some pains in my legs during the night. I can walk ok. The pain has improved but the other symptoms not so much. I went for an X ray of my back and they said nothing was broken. They said if it doesn't improve at all in a week then come back for an MRI. The doctor checked my reflexes and said they were fine. He said the 'numbness' could be compression of the nerves. But didn't seem too worried.
I've been googling and course all I can find is spinal cord injury that is irreversible 🙁🙁🙁🙁 I could have a minor one that won't get better, and you don't need to break bones to get one. I've been crying for days and all I can do is wait and see if it improves, I feel so down, I wish I could go back in time and not be so careless 😭

BlueIris
06-11-19, 15:09
Seriously, Google hates you, me and everybody. Don't do it.

Give your body time to heal.

Phoenixess
06-11-19, 18:58
I fell a few months ago dislocated and fractured my rib on my left side in the healing process the left side of my body went numb and I had it in my hands and arm the doctor reassured me it was the healing process and now it’s back to normal it takes time rest up and try not to focus on it xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful1
07-11-19, 13:07
Seriously, Google hates you, me and everybody. Don't do it.

Give your body time to heal.

I like this 😁

ballerina
08-11-19, 13:09
Thank you :) unfortunately I still feel down and don't have much motivation to do anything. Still going down Google rabbit holes about permanent nerve damage and spinal cord damage. All I can do is wait I suppose :( I don't feel there's been much improvement after 9 days
I can't afford an MRI anyway as I'm not in the UK

ballerina
08-11-19, 13:11
Oh wow I hope I will have the same outcome!