PDA

View Full Version : simvastatin

richard sharp
25-09-07, 22:49
has anybody had any experiences of the above meds. i have taken them for 10 days [40mg]after previously taking lipidor[10mg]. i have had some irregular heartbeats on occasions[which have been checked out by my gp], but since the change of meds i seem to be getting far more and i wonder if anybody as info /experience of them.

nomorepanic
25-09-07, 23:13
No previous posts on it sorry.

Cassie
26-09-07, 07:22
Hi Richard

Simvastatin and all statins are cholesterol lowering drugs which help to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, they are given as a preventative measure against the build up of fat in the blood vessels (arteriosclerosis). I can't see that they would affect your heart rythym, though i'm not a doctor so it worth getting this checked out. I know you've already seen your GP but if the rythym seems to have worsened there is a good reason for you to go back.

richard sharp
26-09-07, 10:31
rang surgery but couldnt get an appointment but was put onto the nurse who then spoke to my gp. she rang back and said the doc will put me back on the original meds,they obviously didnt think it needed further investigation, so i hope this will solve the problems ive been having. thanks for the replies.