PDA

View Full Version : Panicking again over throat cancer

always scared
08-11-19, 02:36
I'm once again scared I have throat cancer. For the last 2 weeks I've had a lot of post nasal drip stuck in the back of my throat. When I feel it I try to cough it out but the more I panic the more I cough which makes it worse :weep:
I feel like the only way to get the mucus out is to cough it out. Im worried that I have a tumour at the back of my throat that is preventing the mucus to naturally drain down my throat and the only way to get it out is aggressively coughing it out because it's stuck. All this coughing and clearing my throat has made everything 100 times worse or is it the cancer that is making it worse. My throat feels swollen. My nose is also a bit stuffy but no mucus comes out only from throat. I know I'm being irrational but all the what if's are starting. What if all this post nasal drip and throat clearing and coughing on and off for years has really been cancer or the start of cancer :scared15:

What won't it just go away?

As I'm typing this all I want to do is clear my throat or cough to clear the mucus that is building up in my throat as we speak. Sometimes there is so much mucus/phlegm. This time I know it's not anxiety :weep: Anxiety does not produce mucus just for fun . Oh God I hate always being in this state of mind. I am truly losing my grip on life. This is no way anyone should live but here I am :wacko::weep::scared15:

Careful1
08-11-19, 03:03
"This time I know it's not anxiety Anxiety does not produce mucus just for fun."

Your right, it doesn't buttttt there are other reasons one would be producing mucus and all those reasons are far more likely then cancer.

BlueIris
08-11-19, 06:58
You know it's infinitely more likely to be allergies or reflux, right?

Scass
08-11-19, 07:30
So the more you cough or clear your throat the worse it will get.
Drink lots of water or warm drinks throughout the day. Steam up in the shower or bath to help loosen it.

Stop panicking. It’s not helping and it does t warrant it. It’s catarrh or post nasal drip. Possibly even reflux as well, but nothing else.