PDA

View Full Version : Struggling right now 😢

ScaredCaz
09-11-19, 14:24
Hi all

I’m back again with a random post I only ever come on here when I can’t see straight for fear you guys really always help me I’m so sorry I am no use to any of you 😢

A bit of background I’ve been this messed up ball of anxiety for about 11 years now my mam suddenly passed away from a Aortic Stenosis on 17.11.08 in the years since that happened I have developed crippling anxiety specifically health anxiety but I am also afraid my 3 grown daughter won’t be ok they have to text me regular with “I’m ok” updates otherwise I worry out of control and I have a 18 year old son who has Autism the worry about him is just beyond the realms of reality 😬

In the last 11 years I have been diagnosed with under active thyroid and fibromyalgia I have to have yearly blood tests to keep an eye on my thyroid levels I had my blood test yesterday I am in the middle of a fibro flare up so I don’t feel well and I have convinced myself to the point of anxiety hell that my bloods are not going to be normal

I hate living like this it is so draining does anyone else ever feel the same? Sometimes feel like I can’t cope sometimes feel like I don’t want to cope 😪

Sorry for the long post
Thanks guys

keta
09-11-19, 16:13
Hi
yes I do feel like that quite often. I had my anxiety for 14 years since I was pregnant with my son, before that I had no problems.
dont really know what triggered it all, but it’s never ending battle. I went back on medication few days ago as was having bad patch for quite few months now, mine is not health anxiety but more of agoraphobia I get anxious going to places , especially if the are no loos.
It makes me feel really hopeless and like failure.
So you not alone , all the guys here are so supportive so I m sure you get more messages.

sial72
09-11-19, 17:19
Hi ScaredCaz
I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember, with periods that have been better and others worse. For the past few years my anxiety has changed from panic attacks and agoraphobia more towards health anxiety.
My Dad also passed years ago when I was young and in a very traumatic way, so I certainly know where my anxiety comes from.
The two best things that I have found for anxiety are Claire Weekes books and exercise, even if light. And although I don't like to take meds when it has just been too overwhelming I have taken antidepressants and gabapentin and they have helped take the edge off.
Hope you will feel better soon x

ScaredCaz
09-11-19, 22:44
Hi

Thank you both for your kind replies

🙂