PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany

TomO
26-09-07, 11:57
Hi,

I'm a UK ex-pat living in Germany and have been suffering from Anxiety/Panic on and off for 4 years now. Generally it's triggered by stress or feeling ill and almost always appears as health anxiety/irrational hypochondria which if it gets bad goes into panic attacks waxing and waning throughout the day. Most of the time I can deal with it now but some things bring it right back - missed a dose of Paroxetine yesterday and so have been feeling bad since, did the usual trawl through google to reassure myself and this site came up...seems absolutely amazing! I'm sure it's been said a million times but it means so much to come across people that have the same experiences and understand (no "just stop worrying..easy!" or "that's not really an illness though"..which is the response I get from a lot of people who've never suffered from this kind of thing).

Anyway, I'd love to think I'd never have any need for this site again, but I'm sure it will be an invaluable source of help, especially as information is that much harder to come by here in Germany. I'd also be happy to share or help anyone that's going through something similar to me!

Greetings again,

Tom :)

P.S. Just read the guidelines and of course forgot everything - I'm on 20mg Paroxetine a day and half a tablet of Syneudon too. I've not heard of Syneudon in the UK, was recommended by my German doctor and is very effective stuff actually..is it under another name in the UK?

jodie
26-09-07, 12:19
welcome

i am sure you will get lots of support and help

jodie x

Lindalou64
26-09-07, 13:11
Hello Tom And Welcome Back....wish Ya The Best........linda

honeybee3939
26-09-07, 13:30
Hi Tom

Welcome back hun, its lovely to see you here:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

trac67
26-09-07, 14:37
Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
26-09-07, 15:54
Hello Tom:welcome:to you!

Yep, although we've all made good friends here and received so much help and support, it would be nice if someday we didn't need this site! But I'm sure the friendships would remain!

Glad you found us, you'll have plenty of opportunity to give and receive help and understanding I'm sure.

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Southern_Belle
26-09-07, 22:08
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the site. I do understand how great it is to find others who understand what you are going through. You will find alot of support here. I am also on Paxil but do not know what your other medication is. So glad you are here.

Hugs,

Laura

manmoor
27-09-07, 10:33
Hi Tom,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

nomorepanic
27-09-07, 18:48
Hi Tom

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely people here and get loads of support.

Nibbles
27-09-07, 19:33
Hi Tom and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)